the Aegis Factions League

Golden_Richards

I've heard rumors that the new world will begin in as little time as a week and as much as 3 months from now (if anyone has accurate information, please inform me.)

ooc:

Accurate information: if your character modifies his behavior based on that info its meta.. aka cheating. Also, it wont happen until after 1.9, so business as usual at least till then.

Also, I like the ideas of Warsong and League of Legends type layouts. The lava flows as well.

Well I love the Idea and the Lunavara Workers guild dose have an arena built for the carnival. We could modify it to meet the needs. One Idea I have is a 3v3 fight where there are several pillers and the last man to stay on the pillers wins. The contestants where no armor/weapons and the goal is to knock each other off.

Now the only problem is the people. Most of my workers live in different time zones. One is 5 hours ahead of me, One 2 behind, one 9, etc. But if anything I can see about letting other guilds use it.

C'mon, I want to hear from:

Oren Guard, Orc bosses, Alras military (if they've been formed yet), FoA, White Ravens, Black Axe, Blackpaw etc.

Tell me what you think, and how the idea might be improved. If any GM's want to volunteer as referee for matches that would be rad too.

Why don't you wanto to here The Norseman of Aegis?

etc

This includes any faction not specifically listed. I want to hear from everyone.

Most of my workers live in different time zones

Likewise, but 12am GMT(midnight) Sunday is pretty friendly. it's about 10-11am on Sunday morning for most of Australia and sometime on Saturday night for the USA i think...

the rest fall in between i suppose.

even though I don't have a faction so I probably won't be doing this, what about us GMTers? Staying up past midnight on a Sunday just isn't realistic, because I am guessing people lives will get in the way.

even though I don't have a faction so I probably won't be doing this, what about us GMTers? Staying up past midnight on a Sunday just isn't realistic, because I am guessing people lives will get in the way.

That's a good point. I suppose we could do it 12am GMT Saturday instead. still not ideal but at least it's still the weekend for you

ooc:

Accurate information: if your character modifies his behavior based on that info its meta.. aka cheating.

If you'll notice in my post, my character and ooc thoughts were different...

Informing me that my reluctance to continue building/playing the game because whatever I do will be for naught is meta and cheating is... childish. I can't help it if my personal motivation is effected by knowledge... I can't change who I am because I'm acting meta in minecraft... Lol.

My character acts and behaves without knowledge of this, and I'd appreciate it if you refrained from labeling me a cheater without any knowledge of how I role play my character... Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. Aegis Factions League!

The Black Axe will begin work on an arena... as soon as I am comfortable that the structure won't mysteriously vanish off the face of the world of Aegis....

I would suggest we reduce the lethality of the battle by using leather armour and wood or stone swords.

Or we could do it my favourite way.

Give a kit to each team. Each team of 7/5 Would have 2 bows, 2 iron sword, 3 stone swords, 1 wooden sword, 2 set of leather, 1 set of iron, 64 arrows.

That way each team would have to organize and plan who gets what. Someone who is the best pvper would have to choose leading the attack, so he would need the iron set, or being in the back as their secret weapon.

What do you think of having kits? If possible, keep the supplies extremely limited, its only fun when there's a limit, not to see everyone in the same armour, same equipment, that would be boring...

The fact that you must pay to get in is affecting my guild joining, otherwise ill have to gain minas, but other then that, everything looks fantastic, maybe I will have my guild join. Once we get enough people of course.

The fact that you must pay to get in is affecting my guild joining, otherwise ill have to gain minas, but other then that, everything looks fantastic, maybe I will have my guild join. Once we get enough people of course.

Think of it as giving the people in your guild some motivation to do something IG. ;)

----------------------------------

Basic idea if I ever made the "perfect" arena.

-teams of 7

-1 spotter per team (screams enemy location to the "switch flipper")

-1 switch flipper blind to the arena (horrible name...flips switches to activate lava and water) (signs next to each switch saying area) (layered like chess give enemy teams the chance to practice on field and learn how to call out the areas)

-5 fighters

-1 Diamond Block on each side on the map enemy team has to capture the block. (sorry mates you don't get to keep it >_>)

-Wood + stone swords and bows

-2+ GM's helping with regulating event and reviving players in the graveyard areas (with nearby chests full of the cheap to make swords and bows)

How does this idea sound? it can be modified of course to not even include the spotter so the flipper can actually see his effect on the battlefield. Or could remove 2 of the fighters.

The fact that you must pay to get in is affecting my guild joining

The fees are more than manageable. A team of people farming monsters for 30 mins can put it together.

Archmage, your idea sounds great. Would be a hell of a job to build the field though.

I do think a gm would be needed to spawn the combatants back at the arena because who wants to miss out on celebrations after

This sounds interesting... Holmes will try and gather a team together. We also have land near the cloud temple that could be used as our arena.

Hopefully we'll be able to play in the next games.