The Legion Of Sanguis

Wolf_Redskin

Favorite Cohort  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Cohort?

• Cohort de Armis (swordsmen)
    • Cohort de Nani Saevissimi (axemen)
    • Cohort de Sagittariis (rangers)

***You approach a Random Wanderer in the Wilderness, you try to Avoid him but he keeps speaking to you** "Hello Citizen of Asulon! My name is Wolf Redskin((Wolf_Obsidio)) and i be recruiting for the Legion of Sanguis. We welcome all races of Asulon. if you wish to join, Ask me, or the Lord of Sanguis, Lord Twieg((adami8u2)) We are a army that fights for freedom, and for the good of all races. We want to rid the Lands of Evil, as well as help the poor and needy. We require more Soldiers AND Citizens. Please come and join the ranks of the Legion or just join Sanguis." **He hands you a book that contains all the information on the army. He walks away at a regular pace to the north**

**you open the page and on the first page you find yourself looking at a table of contents. You are compelled to read the book**

.:. Table of contents .:.

Page One- Table of Contents

Page Two- Welcome by Commander Wolf.

Page Three- Ranks, Responsibilities, and Regulations (the three R's)of the Legion

Page Four- History of the Legion & Brother-band-Training information

Page Five- Unit descriptions, mascots, and colors.

Page Six- Civilian Life for a Soldier

Page Seven- Oath

Page Eight- Tear-out application

Page Nine- Soldier roster

Page Ten- Wanted person(s)

Page Elven- Allies and FAQ

Page Twelve- Tasks that a soldier might accomplish for fame and extra Minas

Page Thirteen- Punishments that are at the disposal of commanding officers

Page Fourteen- Cities under Sanguis control

Page Fifteen- Blank ((OOC information))

.:.Welcome by Commander Wolf A. Redskin.:.

Dear potential recruit,

My name is Wolf A. Redskin, I am the Supreme Commander of the Legion, it will be my pleasure to welcome you into a army that is unique in nature due to its high level of trust, loyalty, and order. We pride ourselves with losing few soldiers in battle and fewer off the field. We can also say that we pride ourselves in the fact that we let our soldiers have lives outside of being a Legionare. We also pride ourselves in our system for punishment and rewards. We also pride ourselves as being open to anyone over the age of twelve, of ANY race or gender, I myself am half Dwarf so I am open to all kinds of people. I hope that you see that we are a community first, and army second, and that we put our soldiers lives over political power (at least I do). i hope you will stay with us as I take you on a tour of the life of the average soldier in the Legion.

Your brother-in-arms,

Wolf A. Redskin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.:.The Three R's (Ranks, Requirements, and Regulations).:.

.:.Ranks.:.

Ranks are ordered least to greatest

1. Trainee: trainees are the fresh fish, if you will. They attend training that is overseen by the Praefects and Legate of Training. They also do jobs of manual labor around the keep such as woodcutting, mining, farming, and castle repairs. As soon as they pass their Brotherband exam, they become recruits.

2. Recruits: Recruits are the candidates for joining a cohort. They have seniority over the Trainees, but only just. They still have to do manual labor, but less because they are training to specialize in a class (Axeman, Swordsman, Ranger, or Auxiliary. During this time, Centurions will be closly monitoring the trainees to see who they would like to have in their cohort.

3. Brother at arms (Soldier): after showing sufficient skill in their class, the Praefect and Centurion of one Cohort may approach you about joining their cohort, each cohort has a specialty class of soldiers, but they do take different classes. Once you accept the cohort as your own, they will usually have some sort of final test to make sure you are ready (and also a hazing of some sort). After that you swear to the oath in front of your brothers and the Commander. Once that happens, you become a Brother at Arms, a brother at arms is sworn to fight for his/her King, for the Commander, and for each-other. They are expected to stay in peak physical condition, however are not required to do manual labor (but it looks good if you do for when you get higher up). You are issued a Stone weapon and leather helmet and tunic to start out with, however good work or Minas can reward you with a better weapon (steel). If you are a ranger, you get a bow and 24 arrows, it is the responsibility of the Centurion to choose whether or not the ranger gets more arrows. A brother is given a bed and chest in the keep, however the chest is only for Weapons, armor, and food (also provided by your Centurion) and three personal belongings, the chest is required to stay organised at all times, as it WILL be inspected. Locking your chests is illegal and is punishable (there is no need to lock anything, as stealing is punishable by death and loss of all property and rank, depending upon severity). If you lose a limb in battle, from this point on, you get compensation for it, as well as a keep in the spoils looted by your cohort.

Centurion: Every four Elven weeks, a cohort holds a election to decide on a new Centurion, it is a position of power and responsibility, as your responsible for your Cohort's equipment state. For example, if a soldier's leather tunic is almost worn to the point of no return, it is your job to force them to go to the blacksmith. You would also be responsible for insuring your Cohort is ready for battle at all times. Furthermore it is your job to spot new recruits for your Praefect to approve on (he/she is busy enough already). Finally, you are responsible for discipline. However do not fear, it comes with its perks. First off, it is the first step to being promoted. To become a Praefect, you must serve as Centurion for at least one term. Secondly, you get to stay in the officer dormitory. And Finally, you get a 10 Mina pay raise while in "office".

Praefect: the Praefect is responsible for overseeing one Cohort, they are also partially responsible for finding new recruits at the Cloud Temple, they are expected to maintain a high level of physical endurance as well as high levels of leadership. They are required to meet with the Legate de ministro on a regular basis, and with the Commander once a week, however each receives a private bedroom as well as access communal officer-only living space.

Legate: Legate is the highest official-rank in the army (not including diplomatic corps.) They work alongside the Commander and respond solely to him, all orders are to come through him as they handle sensitive information regarding future battles and other things, thus, they must be the most trusted members of the army. They are hand picked by the Commander from Praefects and sometimes Centurions. They get a bigger room than the Praefects and a small office that connects. However there can only be three Legates for all of the army, below are the three job descriptions:

1. Legate "de ministro": they are responsible for all of the Officers

2. Legate "de praescripta": He/she is responsible for insuring supplies to soldiers.

3. Legate "de Disciplina et Ratio" (Also known as Legates Legionis): He/she is the most important of the Legates (as he oversees the other two), they are responsible for the training of the soldiers, they also help the Commander in meetings as well as act as his bodyguard. They also help come up with tactics for war, and peace. Finally, they make sure the army is organised down to the last minute. Due to the nature of their job, their office connects to the meeting room, and is separate from the rest of the Officer barracks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.:. Requirements.:. ((this is part ooc))

Trainee: no requirements (but better combat skills will expedite the process).

Recruit: TWO combat-related levels above level 10 AND two civilian levels above 13, as well as a passed Brotherband exam.

Brother-at-Arms: Level 20 in ONE or more combat-related skill AND two civilian levels at 15, you must also have recited the oath to your future Cohort as well as the Commander.

Centurion: Level 30 in one or more combat skills AND win a election held by your Cohort by at least three quarters.

Praefect: Level 40 in three or more combat skills, a accumulative wealth worth (at least) 1000 Minas. Have been Centurion for at least one term.Finally, you must pay a 300 Mina fee for your housing in the Officer living area (one time fee).

Legate: Level 54 ALL combat skills and have been a Praefect. (exceptions can be made), (1000 Mina one time fee) As well as Commander approval.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.:. Regulations .:.

Below are the laws and bylaws all Legion members must observe at ALL times.

.:. Section One .:.

Thou must obey all laws of the Kingdom of Sanguis.

1a. Stealing and mugging of innocent persons is prohibited

1b. Cheating death

1c. Burning down, destroying, or otherwise damaging property owned by another member of the kingdom.

1d. Pay taxes on time

1e. Disobeying any Lord of Sanguis, the Commander of the Legion, or other officers of peace sanctioned by people mentioned before.

.:. Section Two .:.

Thou must obey all rules of the Legion

2a. Never fall asleep while on duty

2b. Never take articles from the armory or any chests that do not belong to you without explicit permission from the owner/armorer.

2c. You are required to report to training, meetings, roll call, or any other event when called ((as long as you are online)).

2d. Thou shall maintain the condition of your weapon.

.:. Section three .:.

Thou shall not betray your comrades.

3a. You shall not bring friends or family inside the off-limits area.

3b. You shall not abandon your weapons in battle.

3c. You shall not betray your brothers

3d. You shall NEVER abandon a Brother on the battlefield.

.:. History of the Legion of Sanguis .:.

The Legion itself is new history wise. However it's creator Wolf Redskin's is far from it. He refuses to talk about his past, but from what I can gather, he was born in Renatus with a twin brother named Wolf Obsidio. His mother tortured him, but loved his brother, so thus he shares his information with no one. Anyways, a few years back (when he would have been twenty, he vanished from all records, some claim they saw him walking onto a boat bound for the Norse-lands, he was then seen leaving for the Nin-Jhong lands, when he finally reappeared in Asulon, he was around thirty and ready for combat, he had learnt much on tactics and the brotherhood of the Norse. He heard word that a man was looking for a soldier to replace one that was killed and so thus he set off, not for fame and glory, but for peace. The Nin-Jhong had shown him the powers of logic, reasoning, and what the benefits of being "good" are. When he got to the town of Luna, he found they had no base, so he set out to fix up a old keep on the hill. Through hard work and determination, the basic concept formed in his head, what if you combined the dicipline of the Nin-Jhong with the brotherhood shown by the Norsemen crews. That day, he set out to find the balance between the two and ended up with what we now call the Legion

.:. Brother-band Training/test .:.

The Brother-band training & test course is design to prepare you for the harshness of the real world, of battle, and finally of army life in general in a safer environment. We will put you through a series of courses that will test your agility, speed, endurance, and finally strength. Through this entire event, you will be scrutinized by instructors and Praefects, you will also be pitted against your worst fears. However it all pays off if you make it through the final exam. There are ways to sidestep the exam and training, such as if you are nobility, you may not have to be put through the course. Also if you have the Minas and skills, you can buy out of the tests.

The test includes the following (as well as more):

Minor parkor

Wrestling

Swordplay

Ax fights

Survival tests

Running

Late nights

Swimming

Combat simulations

Archery

Manual labor

.:. Cohort information, mascots, and colors

Cohort de Armis:

Color: Orange

Mascot: Tigers

Weapon: Sword

Praefect: Azune

Cohort de Nani Saevissimi

Color: Green

Mascot: Falcon

Weapon: Battleaxe

Praefect: Faenor

Cohort de Sagittariis

Color: Brown

Mascot: Owl

Weapon: Bow and Arrow

Praefect: Elandorr

.:. Life outside of the Legion

While doing your duty for your people is great, it may not buy you that nice set of iron armor in the armory, thus it is recommended that you also have a house/job outside of the Legion, it actually has become a unofficial requirement for becoming Praefect, as you need to have a lot of money to hold that job. For starters, it is good to buy a house in the nearby town of Luna, even if you only use it for storage (As your chest in the barracks is only for official use). The average house in Luna currently costs 100 Minas, and has room below for expansion, Soldiers get 25 % off building tax so the tax is only aprox. 60 Minas per Elven week. Also, The Legate "de praescripta" is always happy to buy materials off of you for expansion, you can also you can find jobs around the keep to earn extra Minas, such as helping with construction, or being a personal aid to a Legate or even the Commander. Also being the gardener is always a well needed job. It is required by most praefects that you spend at least two days a week with your cohort, so dont say "Open all day, every day" if you decide to run a shop, because you can't realistically, but at least you can live a somewhat normal life!

.:. The Oath .:.

The oath is recited to your brothers before entering the ranks of your Cohort, to be valid, you must recite it with a Legate or Commander in your presence as well as the rest of your soon-to-be cohort.

'I swear by God and by the majesty of the King and Commander, which, next to God, should be loved and worshipped by all the races... I swear to perform with enthusiasm whatever the King, the Commander, or my Brother commands, never to desert, and not to shrink from death on behalf of the Sanguis state and for the good of Asulon.'

.:. Application for recruitment .:.

-You find that the first part is blank, you skip down to the bottom-

((OOC information))

Minecraft Username?

How long have you been playing on LOTC?

Have you ever been banned, if so, why?

Do you have Teamspeak (we are talking about starting a Teamspeak channel)?

How often do you play on the server?

Does your character have a VA? (it is not required):

Currant skills that your character possesses:

((Ic Information))

Name:

Race:

Sub-race (if applicable):

Have you ever lived in another town, if so, why did you leave?

Have you ever been tried for treason, murder, or other crimes?

How can you benefit the side of light?

So you understand all of the rules?

-You tear out the paper and give it to your trusty bird to deliver to to the Commander.-

Unit Roster

Command Staff:

Commander: Wolf A. Redskin

Legate "de ministro": Faenor

Legate "de praescripta":

3. Legate "de Disciplina et Ratio": Jack Ethor

Cohorts:

Cohort de Armis:

Praefect: Azune

Soldiers:

Conan Frost

Cohort de Nani Saevissimi

Praefect: Faenor

Soldiers:

Cohort de Sagittariis

Praefect: Elandorr

Soldiers:

Recruits:

.:. Allies and friends of the Legion.:.

Allies

Seventis

Stonehold

The kingdom of Karik

Friends of the Legion:

Lord Janux: he is one of the lords of the kingdom and has been generous when it comes to buying iron from him.

.:. Punishments for disobedience .:.

Punishments include, but are not limited to:

1. Extra laps

2. Manual labor

3. Fines

4. Corporal punishment

5. Demotion

6. Banishment

**You turn the page to find youself looking at a blank sheet of paper**"oh well, must be a notes page"

-OOC-

Authors note: I took a lot of inspiration from the roman legions on how to run a army (they were the best army in the world for a long time right?). I also took inspiration from a book series called Brotherband by John Flanagan. Both of these sources gave me the idea "gee what if a roman cohort was as loyal to each-other as to their leader... That would be one hell of a combination. That is how my system got its idea and name. In my opinion using the name Brotherband is not plagiarism as I have given accurate credit for the idea and I have changed it into something different. A link to the official website will be linked below for the series. More will be added to this later. -Wolf

This is the link to the official site for the Brotherband Chronicals