The Treasure Of Boylum

Auvreaeath

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should this event be approved?

• Yes
    • No

Event Planners, MC Names:

I will be one of the planners concerning this event, I also hope that I could get a few GM’s to tag along, I will be asking the Nation Leaders if they would like to participate in this event if ever it gets approval.

Event Date:

A specific date for the event will not be decided as a single person, after approval or disapproval from an Administrator, if this event is approved I will ask for the community whether they would like this event to be held on a specific date or for the GM’s to choose

Event Type:

I suppose we could classify this event as a, exploration adventure, type of thing, it will involve a mass amount of traveling and a very, very, large amount of effort put into it.

Players/Nations effected by the event:

I’ll promptly state that perhaps all players will not be effected by the event, but I do hope that all Nations will be effected, in the long run, only the nations that choose to participate will be effected, and in the end they will be the ones to redeem whatever treasures are uncovered.

Event Location:

The event will start in the Cloud Temple, as a feast and celebration, a bard will be singing of the tales of Boylum the Giant, when someone crashes into the feast, thereafter one champion from each nation will be called forth to march towards the north in search of the giants cave, deep within the wilderness of Asulon, and then when found they will meet back in the temple bringing whatever news they’ve achieved.

Summary:

Roleplay Summary:

The Cloud Temple is filled with laughter, the celebration of the annual Ale Fest has passed and the citizens of Asulon have gathered within the Temples walls in a feast in honor of Asulon. A bard walks into the Temple seeing the mass amount of people within and prepares his lute for song. He swiftly begins to play and sings along with it, “I know the tale of an ancient being deep within the mountains, he sleeps all day and stalks all night deep within his home, oh hail the mighty Boylum, oh giant of the night, oh hail the mighty Boylum who gives us all a fright, he wanders on and on again stealing what he can, he gathers his gold within his cave and guards it with his life, oh hail the mighty Boylum, rich with and wealthy man, all hail the mighty Boylum, stealing what he can.

As the Bard finishes his tune all within the hall have his eyes fixed upon him, many warriors stand up the smell of wine on their breath and they begin to speak out, “This Giant has no match toward the citizens of Asulon! I say we find this giant and kill him!” Many of the citizens look around shocked and whisper to one another, “These are only rumors though?” “I’ve heard of this tale before” “What shall we do?!” As the room fills with clamor the night creeps over and all turns silent again.

A Fairly built man, a sheath at his waist containing a large two handed sword, and wearing a fine tunic enters the hall, “SILENCE!” his voice booming off the walls. His hair is long and brilliant running down his head, he is wearing a dark green hood concealing his facial features. “Friends, the tale of Boylum is true, but he is stronger then what many think, and in order to find him, you must have traveled all of Asulon, I, can show you the way.”

The Nations are called upon, asking for their ears in order to hear reason for a plea, as members of each Nation gather at the Cloud Temple days after the feast, the unnamed man is standing in the center of the crowd and he bellows his voice within the valley to where it is heard all across Asulon, “My Fellow Brothers and Sisters of this land! We have heard the rumors of Boylum, but they are not rumors at all, they are the truth, several men have found his lair, only one has survived him, I am that one survivor and I bring you my services to guide you to his lair, it is filled with riches beyond your imaginations! All I ask, is that one champion is chosen from each Nation, and that they heed my command during this journey”

As the Nations have all chosen their champions and the group has finished packing what belongings they have, they have gotten their horses and they’re heading off towards the Northern wilderness. For three days and three nights, the party travels through Asulon, camping during the night and making large amounts of progress through the day. After that long period of time, they finally come across a dark cavern within the side of a mountain.

Here lies Boylum, we must kill him while he sleeps or we all may be doomed, as the man walks into the cavern he hides behind to pillars and amplifies his voice to where it seems to come further down the cavern, “Friends! Over here!” They hear a mighty roar as the Giant Boylum is woken and they charge down the cavern swords drawn. They fight the Giant for an hour, taking severe injuries to their own, and dealing light damage very rarely to the giant, after an three hours, one of the champions is thrown to the cavern wall from behind, and with a final effort to kill the beast, he thrusts his sword straight toward it’s heart killing it instantly.

As the hooded man hears the defiant chants of the warriors and the deafening roar of the Giant he runs down the cavern revealing himself once more. “That was a good fight friend, I’d though you all would die” As the warriors realize his treachery and that he was using them to kill the giant they bind him to a rock within the cavern and leave him there to rot, taking what gold they can for their own nations and making their journey back.

On return, the champions bring back their gold and jewels to the Temple and the nations champions that return alive will each recieve their benefits for the mighty quest. They citizens of Asulon cheer hearing the death of Boylum and the victory of the Nations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out-Of-Character Summary:

This event, was slightly based off of the very joyous book, The Hobbit, another book concerning the Lord of the Rings Series written by J.R.R.Tolkien. Now, this event is based on a quest very much alike the Nether Event determining whether the Undead will be following us to Asulon or not, but, only one Champion can be chosen from each Nation. A mysterious character(me) will find his way to the Temple where a feast is being held, there a bard(unchosen) has played the tune of Boylum(played by a GM), a giant within the wilderness of Asulon.

Boylum has been living in his cave for a century, even before the Mori had begun their building. Over the course of time, he has found jewels, gold, and countless other artifacts that he stores within his cave. He is a threat to the citizens of Asulon shall he attack a heavily populated nation or even a poor farmer making his way in the wilderness. With the knowledge of the hooded man, the nations(that accept this event) will bring forth one Champion each that will accompany the journey.

Once they arrive at the cave, the GM will godmode himself and the others and begin a heavily, RP-Based fight while the hooded man hides within a slit in the rocks, after the champions win, whether some have died in the RP-Fight or not, the hooded man will come out and the champions will bind him to a rock leaving him there to rot and the spirit of boylum to haunt him for eternity. The champions then take as much of the gold, jewels, and treasures they can and bring it back to the temple.

Once back at the temple, those champions that survived the RP-Fight will bring a reward to the Nations they fought for, each nation that had a surviving champion will recieve the honor of the citizens of Asulon and 2.5-5 Thousand minas, (that is from the treasures the Champions brought back) with the end of this, the hooded man will rot within the cave and the nations celebrate another death of a very deadly foe proving that the lands of Asulon are a very dangerous threat.

Other Information:

As recently, I’ve been writing a lot of these event proposals, this being because I wish to bring more towards the community and to go above and beyond what I currently do. As I’ve made these, I wish to make at least one every day, maybe I will forget to make one, and maybe they wont be as good as the last, this event, I feel, is the best event I’ve written up currently and I wish to plan more in the near future.

This event is supposed to bring together the Nations in another goal, such as the Nether Event, and to supply one champion, also like the Nether Event, to vanquish a threat to the land of Asulon, once more like the Nether Event. If this event is approved then I will bring further ideas into the event from the community, but for now, I simply ask that you all give whatever feedback you have in the comments below! Thank you for reading, if you sneezed while reading this, Bless you, if not, bless your face.

I like it.... more treasure though ;P

Oh Hiebe, More treasure? What, would you prefer GM's to parade around Asulon throwing minas everywhere? XD >.> *Shifty Eyes, "That sounds great"

I like it.... more treasure though ;P

Great event idea Auv, but like Hiebe said, I DEMAND MORE PRIZED GOODS!

More treasure? That surely would ruin and unbalance the enconomy, and even if it was decided to have more treasure I doubt much thought will be put into this event. ;) It's not, well, currently it's my best written one, but it's not going to be the best.