[✓] [Awaiting MAT Review] Electrical Evocation [Magic]

Supremacy

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should this lore be implemented?

• Yes
    • No (Give reason)
    • If it is altered (Give reason)

I concur, the point of the matter is: don't think so hard. Do you know what electricity is? Do you know a basic idea of how it comes about? Do you know what it does?

Also, perhaps this is an example as to why electrical magic should be bound to necromancy for it might be far to complex for minds such as Lotc mages to understand. As necromancers do not need to know how their magic works with science as they are a form of Divine magic.

I disagree, although the science behind lightning might be too complicated to be in the reach of LotC mages, going off of what Blaw said, I do believe it is pheesible... Although, it would require a mage to understand much more of how lightning works yet they would have to make up a large portion of it, thus using more mana and making it more physically exhausting to cast for a mage than a necromancer. :)

It could be a fair requirement to have proven you have RPed studying lightning strikes and/or static electricity in the app by multiple timestamped screenshots... Perhaps.

What would happen if the Roleplay for electric roleplay or studding it took place before the magic team or as in the mists of it, and no screenshots were recorded, but you have people as evidence instead?.

I'm making a suggestion it is not a certain addition. Surely you could do a few days more of RP learning about it before you applied. Doing it again wouldn't be too hard if you said you also did more before...

I was only making an example for the others that just wanted to know, but yes, if this lore gets accepted, I will have to talk with you privately about adding an edition towards it that I will be writing with some of your help, then filling out a mini app for it, as Evark has been studying and practicing electric magic before hand but had to stop since the magic team was introduced but did not stop studying it, so far I have spent 2 IRL months doing, recording of every storm made, ( I only count the days of when it had the storms, not actually MC normal days.)

I don't understand anything you write. I'm sorry. You have 1 period in that entire post and I have to ask you: Why can't you post the alteration here?

As for storms, an electrical mage does not summon storms but rather increases charge differences to a point where bolts are formed.

The lore is meant to be the best it can be, but I don't see why you should have your own little version of it.

Regarding helping you write your own app, I don't see why you would need my help. All the required lore (If accepted) for electrical evocation is right here. I can give you advice but I'm not going to write a perfect app for you. The purpose of the app is for you to learn the lore and know how you will RP it. Not the person who wrote the lore. I obviously will know my own work. I would help you if you asked questions, but not write it for you.

Firstly explain what exactly you mean as I can't understand what you wrote and then secondly explain why Evark is off in his own little tangent special snowflake world to the other electrical mages.

So far on this thread I have gotten only issues on semantics and if it is actually a form of fire. No issues have been brought up with balancing the lore... This is leading me to believe there is nothing to be changed and it is in a good state. Am I correct?

First, I am sure this is not the place for Evark's story,

Second I cannot post the alteration here since of one thing, it really cannot be done without causing fatal harm towards yourself, as a living organism in the most parts, but one thing I am still discussing with a magic team member is yet to be decided, so I have to keep it on short,

( I have told many people that my writing in most cases are hard to read, and or understand )

So - If you are working this out individually with the MAT... This is not the place for it. But thank you for any feedback you have given so far.

*Supremacy walks over to the toy train and picks it up, moving it over the rails.*

*A Public Service announcement plays on the train*

"Please refrain from derailing the train in the future. Thank you for your cooperation."

*Supremacy puts the train on the tracks and watches it move along*

I was only making an example for the others that just wanted to know, but yes, if this lore gets accepted, I will have to talk with you privately about adding an edition towards it that I will be writing with some of your help, then filling out a mini app for it, as Evark has been studying and practicing electric magic before hand but had to stop since the magic team was introduced but did not stop studying it, so far I have spent 2 IRL months doing, recording of every storm made, ( I only count the days of when it had the storms, not actually MC normal days.)

Creating a storm would be Water Evocation, as you are summoning clouds and rain.

Creating a storm would be Water Evocation, as you are summoning clouds and rain.

Watching the lightning that came down and other more details, Evark studied in Like red-stone current electricity and more things, I was not studying the storm but the electric currents it gave off, one example would be lightning.

@Kalenz, I am discussing the lore for electric currents and what this Lore can have and achieve added onto yours, that is why I cannot post here without a proper wording from the magic team member first at hands.

RP examples currently being written.

Poll being put up regarding Large bodies of metal attracting all lightning shocks. Just for the sake of interesting RP dimensions (5+ Iron blocks intended to be RPed as a lightning rod).

Other than people waiting for real lore for lightning evocation, Kalenz never fails to write good magic lore. I think it should be accepted because he balanced it out very nicely.

Your last Rp scene

flash, dancing across her hands

Would this not hurt the halfling?. . . seeing that would not the same thing occur as in any evocation mage?. . . example, a fire evocation mage can never hold his flames since they would burn him.

Would this not go for the same as it does with almost every evocation?. . . such as if the sparks dance across her hands it means they are touching, wouldn't the sparks hurt her?. . . she summons the electricity, she cannot summon immunity from it.

I suppose it should be changed to the sparks flash inches off from her hand. I just felt something to build up to it was required rather than:

"Surprise lightning!"

So yes, that will be fixed in the morning!