Reagents Of The Mask- A Thieving Guild

Ventai

Reagents of the Mask

Phantom-Wallpaper-the-phantom-of-the-ope

Introduction:

The Masters of the Mask are a chaotic guild of scoundrels with no form of hierarchy except for the council; there are no superiors, and everyone is equal. This is no democracy, however, and certain decisions are left only to the council. The Masters of the Mask, referred to also as the Masked Masters, keep themselves hidden for the most part, and only cause trouble in brief bursts. While they are powerful, the group recognizes it’s own weaknesses and will often lay low after causing enough trouble. Every member is treated as family within the guild, and teasing, harassing, and prank pulling is not uncommon. If anything, the Masked Masters are friends rather than associates, so betrayal is the most horrible thing any member can do. Anyone suspected of being a traitor or spy is immediately executed in the most gruesome way.

Purpose:

RP Purpose:

The Masked Masters strive to create chaos within the land of Anthos and gain infamy and renown. Each member has the goals of every other man; a wife, a house, some kids, and wealth enough to make a king jealous. Each man is allowed his own opinions, and there is no conformity within them. There are no uniforms or oaths, swears or promises; there is only loyalty to one’s companions. Whether the group is fighting a massive, twelve-foot troll (true story) or fighting for their lives against the odds within Salvus, the group sticks together and generally cares for one another. They bring new meaning to the phrase “honor amongst thieves.”

OOC Purpose:

While the Masked Masters have their own goals RPly, OOCly there are quite a few things we wish to do. The first thing we wish to do is create a new line of players to take up the reigns as the major villains of Anthos, thus the incorporation of the “apprentice system” (mentioned later).  Many villains today have been leading the villain population for a very long time, and it’s time a new era of villainy stepped up and brought up the expectations of villains. Too often you see guards simply running around and killing people, frustrating the victims OOCly; the Masked Masters will teach newer players how to properly RP villainy and let everyone enjoy the roleplay. In addition, many of the members have created a sort of family OOCly too; we are very much inclined to speak with one another over Skype and TS just to joke around.

Lore:

There is no ancient heritage directly relative to the formation of the Masked Masters; they were simply nonexistent one day, and a very real threat the next. They began as a small thieves guild known as “the Fishers,” but their destiny had long been set to expand past thieving. The group settled down in a medium sized manor on the outskirts of Salvus. They lived there happily for a time, and were able to pull off small cons and heists with ease. It was during this time a mysterious man in a mask appeared to the guild and joined them; he did not assert his command, nor did he push out the leaders. He was welcomed as a brother and kept as a friend.

This man had a dark past, one he chose not to reveal, and none in the entire guild knew his real name, or even what he looked like. The Shields of Salvus discovered the small thieves guild, and tore the Fishers apart. Their manor was burnt, their men scattered, and their wealth stolen. The masked man was furious! The only people in the world who had ever welcomed him had been slaughtered and pillaged! He would have none of it, and with the old leader of the Fishers, reestablished them under a new name; the Masters of the Mask. Together they made a new home, deep in the unknown, referred to only as “Slaver’s Cove.” Its location is unknown, but its existence is legend.

The mysterious masked man led the Fishers into a new golden age of slaving, thieving, pillaging, and killing under their new name, and recruits flowed in by the hand full. An inner council was established, and the council was lead by three “Kaizers” who headed three separate branches. And yet something was offsetting; despite the decisions of the Kaizers and the council, there appeared to be someone else pulling the strings, someone else was determining the legacy of the Masked Masters, and a man more powerful than any could imagine(lol) hid in the shadows of the guild.

Ranks (Listed in order of importance):

1.    Kaizer – there are three separate Kaizers; one of the Branch of War, one of the Branch of Knowledge, and another of the Branch of Finance. These Kaizers lead the inner council and in turn have the most influential votes and opinions. While there is no commanding officer for any member of the guild, the Kaizers are usually looked to for assignments, missions, and orders, as they are the most experienced and knowledgeable of the guild. The reason the leaders are called “Kaizers” is yet unknown except to the mysterious masked man who reformed the guild, and even then he does not reveal it.

2.    Apprentices – apprentices hold no special influence within the inner council, and the inner council does not officially exist. The apprentices are simply those trained by the inner council to take their position once they have died, resigned, or have been unable to fulfill their responsibilities. They are treated as Maskman, and receive no special treatment except for the individual attention from their masters. Apprentices usually range from five years old to seventeen.

3.    Maskman – the Maskman are members of the Masked Masters. They can influence the decisions of the inner council and Kaizers and are treated as brothers.

4.    Slaves – every so often, one of the slaves the Masked Masters take will prove themselves useful and trustworthy. They are kept around the Cove, and depending on how well they are trusted, they may influence the council. The slaves typically keep the Cove clean, repair and clean armor, cook food, and other menial labor tasks.

5.    Initiates/Recruits – there is no official name for these people, but they are people who have drawn the interest of the Masked Masters but are yet to prove themselves worth of joining. To become a fully-fledged Masked Master, they must perform a series of tasks and missions, given to them by one of the Kaizers. These people are not taken to the Cove until they have successfully completed the tasks assigned to them.

Achievements of Guild:

1.    Reorganized the Fishers under the name of the Masked Masters.

2.    Built Slaver’s Cove.

3.    Headed a frontal assault on the Salvus palace.

4.    Lead multiple innocents out of the city of Salvus during the White Rose

occupation.

5.    Lead a massive troll into Salvus and caused a ruckus.

Requirements to Apply:

1.    Must’ve spent at least a month on the server.

2.    Must have a Skype.

3.    Must be willing to take the time to get a VA.

4.    Must be willing to listen to what the leaders of the Masked Masters have to say regarding your roleplay and what needs improvement (we are here to teach).

Application:

Warning:

Applications will not be accepted, but instead “acknowledged,” as the application is only to show your interest in joining. You are not accepted until you have met with one of the Kaizers in game and have completed the tasks assigned to you. The majority of recruiting for this guild will be done in game, ICly.

OOC:

MC Name:

Skype Name (may be sent via PM’s):

Agreement to Follow Server Rules:

Do you acknowledge that the Masked Masters CAN and WILL kick you out should you break any server rules or exhibit particularly poor roleplay without attempting to improve:

Links to VA, both accepted and denied (write “No VA” if you have not written one accepted or denied):

RP:

RP Name:

Race:

Short Biography:

Talents/Skills:

Loyalties(where/whom are you loyal to):

Moral Boundaries:

(( good job, I like how u are inclined more on helping new villains, nd creating fun rp, for all

MC Name: zarkan80
I agree to server rules
I acknowledge the Masked Masters CAN and WIll kick you out for breaking server rules or exhibit poor RP
Link to VA: (Note: Currently pending at this time)http://www.lordofthe...on/#entry810861 

Rp Name: Zal'Kortham
Race: Orc
Bio: Abandoned as a new-born, adopted by humans but exiled from cities because of thieving, spent years wandering around, worked for a crime lord doing small task, fled for several reasons
Talents/Skills: Good fighter w/Sword, dagger and especially axes, small skill is pickpocketing
Loyalties: None
Moral Boundaries: Will never harm a child.

As Panther enters the cove, the sound of a book being written is heard. A book is left on a desk with the title 'Contracts'. As he sits down he begins to continue his study.

((Nope :) ))

OOC:

MC Name: TheFireAce Alt: Treyshark

Skype Name (may be sent via PM’s): treysharkisawesome

Agreement to Follow Server Rules: Yes, I agree and will follow the rules.

Do you acknowledge that the Masked Masters CAN and WILL kick you out
should you break any server rules or exhibit particularly poor roleplay
without attempting to improve:
Yes.

Links to VA, both accepted and denied (write “No VA” if you have not written one accepted or denied): http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/91713-vexs-first-minor-va/

RP:

RP Name: Vex

Race: Elf

Short Biography: Vex grew up raised a slave of her horrible father, her mother cared for her as much as she could, Vex eventually escaped at the age of sixteen. She found her way to Abresi where she is currently staying, she met a Flay named Mills, who she has had mixed feeling for. Shortly after arriving she figured out she may have a long lost brother, but noone is certain.

((These are just her main events as of now.))

Talents/Skills: Good with daggers, Stealthy, and an experienced theif.

Loyalties(where/whom are you loyal to): Vex is loyal to noone or nowhere currently.

Moral Boundaries: Vex's current moral boundaries are that she will not kill in cold blood, only if it is absolutely neccessary.

*Corvo looks at the notice, He gives a slow nod before posting a message*

"I shall send you a bird in about an elven day, At that time we shall "test" you"

*Panther responds to charmer, nodding "Contracts book, people for us to kill."

*Panther responds to charmer, nodding "Contracts book, people for us to kill."

MC Name: zarkan80

I agree to server rules

I acknowledge the Masked Masters CAN and WIll kick you out for breaking server rules or exhibit poor RP

Link to VA: (Note: Currently pending at this time)http://www.lordofthe...on/#entry810861 

Rp Name: Zal'Kortham

Race: Orc

Bio: Abandoned as a new-born, adopted by humans but exiled from cities because of thieving, spent years wandering around, worked for a crime lord doing small task, fled for several reasons

Talents/Skills: Good fighter w/Sword, dagger and especially axes, small skill is pickpocketing

Loyalties: None

Moral Boundaries: Will never harm a child.

(( Accepted, we have already come in contact with you, so we'll wait until your full VA gets accepted or make a minor application for at least 1a, congratulations. ))

MC Name: Bgrove123

Skype Name (may be sent via PM’s): bgrove123

Agreement to Follow Server Rules: I agree to follow server rules.

Do you acknowledge that the Masked Masters CAN and WILL kick you out should you break any server rules or exhibit particularly poor roleplay without attempting to improve: Yes i do.

Links to VA, both accepted and denied (write “No VA” if you have not written one accepted or denied): All i have is a minor VA for 1a, and 4a http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/83089-bgroves-minor-villain-app-1a4ab/#entry716707

RP:

RP Name: Beatrix

Race:Human

Short Biography: I was born in  the wilderness, fending for myself from birth, i was never taught what was right or wrong, simply survival. As a result i grew up doing things seen unfit, and being exiled for them. Now i'm a lot, broken man, simply looking for something to abide by, some group that won't  judge me.

Talents/Skills: Beatrix specializes in thievery  He is very stealthy, and has, on many occasions taken the belongings shopkeepers are keeping on display, right under their noses.

Loyalties(where/whom are you loyal to): None, i serve myself, and my dear friends.

Moral Boundaries:I don't like to kill under any conditions, but i will should my safety, or that of a friend rely on it.