Cerecrop - Playable Character [Revised]

CalebTheCaveman

Cerecrop

Half Snake - Half Human

This would be a playable character much like the others, with three sub-races. These serpent beings cannot be within cold areas for very long. Although not needing a lot of food, if meat isn't consumed it can sicken them. These creatures are very intelligent and manipulative. They often end up being evil, but some end up good.

1. Basakin -Warrior
  • Anywhere from 5-7 feet tall full grown
  • Fang length 2-4 inch fangs
  • Muscular build
  • 150-200 pounds
  1. Mamba - Speed
  • Anwhere from 4-6 feet tall full grown
  • Fang Length 2-3 inch fangs
  • Lighter build
  • Diligent
  •  Quick
  • 100-135 pounds
  1. Boakin - Work
  • Anwhere from 5-6 feet tall full grown
  • Fang length 1-3 inch fangs
  • Thick scales for carrying and working.
  • Stockier than normally
  • Jobs typically: Carpenter, Lumberjack,and Miner
  • 150-225 pounds

Language/Accent

The Cerecrops speak in a language that is very sacred and encrypted. The Cerecrops do not take very kindly when a non-native speaks their language whom is not befriended, it is taken as an insult. The tone that is used from this people is often intimidating but calming all together. It is often also is known to be near hypnotic when spoken very clearly and precisely, but it is rarely spoke as such for it takes years of practice. (To become plural for a male object (ends in R/S turn it into en) for female objects (ends in "a" turn it into an "an")

Pater - Father 

Matrem - Mother

Fraser - Brother

Soror - Sister

patres frater - Uncle

sororis patria - Aunt

Eius - Son

Filia - Daughter

Amis - Child

Eegs - Egg

Bas - Baby

Tenas - Teenager

Ueser - Adult

Amiser - Male Friend

Amisia - Female Friend

Amisuer - Child Friend

Hostier - Male Enemy

Hostia - Female Enemy

Hosuer - Child Enemy

Craser - Neutral Male

Crasia - Neutral Female

Crasuer - Neutral Child

Jass - Yes or Indeed

Nass - No

Potest - Maybe or Possibly

Potestea - Later

Tempta - Soon

Quesa - Why?

Forsa - For

Ego - I

Tibia - You

Iller - He ||| Illeran - His

Illia - She ||| Illian - Her

Illud - It ||| Illudan - Its

Noser - We

Tiben - You All

Illen - They

Elis - Elve

Dras - Dwarve

Kas - Kharayr

Ples - Human

Oria - Orc

Luces - Cerecrop

Lifespan/Aging Cycle/Breeding

Lifespan:

A healthy male Cerecrop is estimated to live anywhere from 350-450 years old, and a healthy female will live anywhere 375-500 years old. These life spans vary depending on if they eat correctly, environment, wounding, birth defects, and diseases.

Aging Cycle:

"Egs" 0-8 weeks old: A Cerecrop remains in a slimy leather like shell for approximately eight weeks before hatching. During these six months the Cerepcrop forms it's main body type (arms, legs, a tail, body, organs, head, scales, eyes, ect). During this age the Cerecrop can only slither around on its body for short periods of time before getting tired. The young being has also not developed it's fangs yet so is not fatal. It cannot walk, talk, stand, speak, or feed itself. The Cerecrop is roughly one foot tall and 25-45 pounds.

"Bas" 02-60 months(Five years) old: The Cerecrop during this time is able to slither around for long periods of time, it has also developed small fangs (1/2-3/4 inch), able to walk short distances, and pick up items with a weight about half of its own. Although still unable to speak the young snake being can make light and basic sounds. The Cerepcrop now is 1.5 feet tall and 75-100 pounds.

"Amis" 5-15 years old: The Cerecrop has now the ability to walk stably for the most part occasionally falling, still unable to run without falling often. The young beings fangs are now halfway grown (length varies on species). Now able to speak in basic sentences. The age is considered the learning age for this being as it absorbs most information. During this part of the Cerecrops life it is only half the height it's suppose to be and the full weight.

"Tenas" 15-25 years old: The Cerecrop has now filled out and gained the ability to run, the Cerecrop's fangs hand fully come in and now is pushed out of the home if they haven't already. 

"Ueser" 25+ years old: The Cerecrop now is view as a respectable entity of the Cerecrop community. They're expected to have a family within 25 years and create a legacy.

Breeding:

Breeding in the Cerecrop race is much like that of Humans, a sexual intercourse ritual must be performed. Breeding has a reserved set of rules that if broken is considered a crime of the highest extent. The rules are as stated;

1. One shall never attempt to procreate with another of the same sex.
  2. Procreating is for one female and one male.
  3. One shall never procreate in a public domain.
  4. One shall never procreate with that of another race.
  5. One shall not procreate for amusement, only to generate a legacy.
  6. One shall never exchanges goods or services to procreate.
  7. One shall never force intercourse upon another.

When breeding the creation of the offspring is random (I.E. A male Basakin and female Boakin can breed and have any of the three sub-species).

Lore

The creation of the Cerecrop is a tale in told to child when they're young, but those who know best are those have a great level of intelligence and a knowledge of history. It is foretold a Daemon known only as Lucien, he loved the idea of a serpent race. He believed in a superior race that had potential to control the world.

One dark night Lucien's desire had overtaken him, he pulled a serpent from the ground and the offspring from the strongest male and the smartest female combination. He bound the serpent to the baby boy, infusing the two under one body and soul. The being was put to sleep for seven days, for the process to finalize. When the being arose from it's slumber he it looked around to see Lucien who had taken the form of a Basilisk. Lucien initiated a telepathic conversation with the new being;

"My Amis, welcome to this world, I have blessed you with a new body and soul."

"Why, wha- what has happened, why am I here?"

"Ego, have created you as how I see the perfect race, you are to spread the word of me."

"How am I to do so?"

"I will look after you till you reach a time where you can live on your own, then you find your mate a create a legacy under me."

"By what name do I address you? How will others call me?"

"Ahhhh Jass, I am the Serpent Lord Lucien, as for you- hmmm- You shall be called Plesher."

"Now come with me and I will inform you on how you are expected to live."

Plesher crawled to Lucien and was swept onto the Serpent Lord's back and they moved into a cave in a mountain far away. While together Lucien has explained that he was to be proud, but keep his pride controlled. If insulted plan how to get back before striking, watch everyone before enacting your thoughts. He was educated in the language of the Cerecrop and thought to be proper when among others, especially while with other races. 

The new formed race was not strong, Plesher fell ill and unable to continue learning from Lucien. Lucien searched far and wide, concocting a mix of potions and medicines but none prevailed. Eventually Lucien preformed a ritual that would go on to be the most sacred to the Cerecrop people. Lucien cut off his legs, now being more serpent than man, and boiled them into a health potion. He

gave the potion to the sickly being. Plesher began to glow a bright white light as he became spiritually bonded to Lucien. Now he was as healthy as The Serpent Lord, and was forever bound to him. Lucien then forbade Plesher from ever hurting himself for it would hurt him as well, and that would be cause for Lucien to remove Plesher from his bloodline returning him to his ill state. 

After being healed and reborn under the light of Lucien, Plesher returned to his studies. Lucien was determined to make his young as smart and strong as they could possibly be. Lucien had taken Plesher to a village to watch him draw people into the darkness and overtake them as he had done many times before. The man Lucien attempted to overtake was a strong warlock, and cast a spell that would kill Lucien's mortal form and forever banish him from the moral world. The now tainted Serpent Lord fled with young Plesher to their cave, and informed him on what the spell meant;

"Arrrrgh, my young, that magically abomination has cursed me!"

"M-my lord, how do I cure this?!"

"I fear for it is not stoppable, I shall never return to the mortal world once I have perished in this body."

Before Plesher can speak a word, he is hushed by the hiss of Lucien. Unable to speak Lucien carves into the cave wall

"My Seven Commands to the Lucesen"

1. One shall NEVER disgrace The Serpent Lord Lucien by praising another or not praising Lucien.
  2. One shall NEVER slay another serpent.
  3. One must defend ones self or family at all times.
  4. NEVER slay amisen of any race.
  5. If a abandoned amisen is found it is their duty to raise it at least until it is able to ask for another's care.
  6. When attacking one must be fatal.
  7. Create a legacy under the name of Lucien."

Then Lucien shed his skin, and as the skin shed Lucien's body turned into a glowing light and faded into the air.

(Revised because I love this idea and I got some positive feed back, PLEASE PM me with ideas on how to improve this!)

I like these but if accepted, they'll probably end up like the Kharajyr; popular for a little bit before dying out like now, maybe make them work how the Cervitaur choose/pick new players, through an application or make them a group of event creatures?

Wasn't that how the Kha picked out new players too? I don't think it worked well, judging from their activity.

Wasn't that how the Kha picked out new players too? I don't think it worked well, judging from their activity.

It was like that in Asulon/possibly early Anthos (?) and we had more players in Asulon, so, they didn't have very bad numbers because more players = more characters but the Cervitaur seem to be doing well because of their uniqueness and I feel that it would be similar with the Cerecrop if they were to be accepted.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

The lore is better now, yet it is by the majority of both the Lore Masters and Admins that a new race is not to come at the moment, expecially one such as this.