Tips For New Players: How To Role-Play Properly.

Ford

Nice guide, there's only one thing I see a problem with

2. Don't be afraid to die. I've seen a few new players who get into fights that either they did or didn't start and they never want to die even though the current situation that there in practically states they should be dead by now. Do NOT be afraid to die during a battle. You will be teleported back to the monks and healed, however you will lose only 30 minutes of your memory, which isn't that bad. If you value your new character so much to the point where you can't possibly let them take a stab, then you need to rethink some things.Also, when fighting, you don't always have to be a fighting master. Sometimes being inexperienced in close-combat fights makes for better role-play. Don't be afraid to lose.

I have to disagree with this. Dying isn't the problem, the problem is losing your stuff. Allow me to give you some context. Recently, I was in an RP fight, and I lost. I have a lot of characters on my minecraft account, and so, at that time, I had items from a bunch of different characters. One of these characters was a warrior with full golden armour he had gained from ingame years of monster-slaying. The problem was, I had the armour in my inventory, to bring it back to my home, when I decided to RP as another character. When that other character was killed, I was forced to /damage 20, and therfore lose my painstakingly-gotten full golden armour. I think this is a large reason why people don't want to die.

Nice guide, there's only one thing I see a problem with

I have to disagree with this. Dying isn't the problem, the problem is losing your stuff. Allow me to give you some context. Recently, I was in an RP fight, and I lost. I have a lot of characters on my minecraft account, and so, at that time, I had items from a bunch of different characters. One of these characters was a warrior with full golden armour he had gained from ingame years of monster-slaying. The problem was, I had the armour in my inventory, to bring it back to my home, when I decided to RP as another character. When that other character was killed, I was forced to /damage 20, and therfore lose my painstakingly-gotten full golden armour. I think this is a large reason why people don't want to die.

Well that's your fault for not putting the items in storage.

I am aware of that, and I am more careful about that now, but that isn't my point. My point is that dying is significant because you lose your items.