Sisterhood Of The Dryads [New Apply Thread]

SisterhoodOfTheDryads

Name of Dryad, Greek word and English meaning: Mikro - mikró - Small

Type of Dryad: Bonsai

Picture of Skin: j9oWh0K.png

MC Username: Pinsir99

Forum Username: Pinsir99

Looks good. You got a tree picked out? (More like a sapling with string over it to prevent it from growing :P )

Looks good. You got a tree picked out? (More like a sapling with string over it to prevent it from growing :P )

YepYep.

You should probably link the Dryad lore :P. Unless you did and I'm blind. EITHER ONE.

She did link it~

So yes, I feel like playing a dryad.

So here is mah app :D

Name of Dryad, Greek word and English meaning: Gígas aka Giant.
Type of Dryad: Red Wood Dryad.
Picture of Skin:

78VLzH3.png
MC Username:Warlord212 
Forum Username: um... well it is warlord in Hebrew. 

I don't have a tree atm. Still looking for a good place >:3

And so a new leaf was grown on the blossoming tree...

Name of Dryad, Greek word and English meaning: Name: Pine Dryad Pontiki - Greek word: Pontiki - English meaning: Mouse :: Pontiki - Mouse - Quiet - Shy - Pine Dryad
Type of Dryad: Pine Dryad.
Picture of Skin: 108h6af.png
MC Username: SSunnyLagALots
Forum Username: AgentSunny

...sure to contribute its' water absorbing ability...

In regards of my skin: I know the color scheme of the Pine Dryad entails "very little" white - hopefully you will see the amount in my skin as being small, at least. For I did try to narrow it down a bit...though, I wanted to make sure she was covered. I'm sure you understand. Also, I tried not to deviate far from the original reference skin : http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg713/scaled.php?server=713&filename=dryad2.png&res=medium : for I did not feel like putting in the amount of work to make a whole new skin based off that one. Though I have to say it took quite a while editing it, regardless. About two hours, I'd say. Anyway, in the end I also told myself that since the same kind of dryads will look the same, and since not everyone is good at making skins, or even editing them...that if someone else were to also edit the reference skin I used for their own character, they would definitely look the same. And so they would easily be able to distinct, such and such. Hope that makes sense. I am incredibly excited to try and play a dryad, such excitement that I have not felt on this server in quite a while.

...its' sunlight gathering skill...

So *claps hands together* that is that.

...and its' overall pro leafness.

So yes, I feel like playing a dryad.

So here is mah app :D

Name of Dryad, Greek word and English meaning: Gígas aka Giant.

Type of Dryad: Red Wood Dryad.

Picture of Skin:

78VLzH3.png

MC Username:Warlord212 

Forum Username: um... well it is warlord in Hebrew. 

I don't have a tree atm. Still looking for a good place >:3

So, a Sequoia Dryad? Okay.

And so a new leaf was grown on the blossoming tree...

Name of Dryad, Greek word and English meaning: Name: Pine Dryad Pontiki - Greek word: Pontiki - English meaning: Mouse :: Pontiki - Mouse - Quiet - Shy - Pine Dryad

Type of Dryad: Pine Dryad.

Picture of Skin: 108h6af.png

MC Username: SSunnyLagALots

Forum Username: AgentSunny

...sure to contribute its' water absorbing ability...

In regards of my skin: I know the color scheme of the Pine Dryad entails "very little" white - hopefully you will see the amount in my skin as being small, at least. For I did try to narrow it down a bit...though, I wanted to make sure she was covered. I'm sure you understand. Also, I tried not to deviate far from the original reference skin : http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg713/scaled.php?server=713&filename=dryad2.png&res=medium : for I did not feel like putting in the amount of work to make a whole new skin based off that one. Though I have to say it took quite a while editing it, regardless. About two hours, I'd say. Anyway, in the end I also told myself that since the same kind of dryads will look the same, and since not everyone is good at making skins, or even editing them...that if someone else were to also edit the reference skin I used for their own character, they would definitely look the same. And so they would easily be able to distinct, such and such. Hope that makes sense. I am incredibly excited to try and play a dryad, such excitement that I have not felt on this server in quite a while.

...its' sunlight gathering skill...

So *claps hands together* that is that.

...and its' overall pro leafness.

Okay. Got a tree picked out?

I've found my tree... er, well, Jade Kadoa is letting me construct my apple tree at Drake Stables. I can send pictures for inspection when I'm done. Also, even though my apple dryad is.. well, unmotherly... she does reflect the fruit of her tree rather well. She's also a younger dryad, so she's kind of more... kid-like. A rebellious, tricky kid.

Name of Dryad, Greek word and English meaning: Krémasma (Hanging)

Type of Dryad: Mango Tree (Would act like an orange Dryad, but mangos.)

Picture of Skin:

MC Username: MushyNinja

Forum Username: mushyninja

Note: My skin is an edited version of Pinsir99s skin. I have obtained permission to use it.

Note: Could I create a small 3 x 3 room underneath my tree? Just to house a bed and maybe a food chest. I could have a door in the roots of the tree and make it look natural.

I've found my tree... er, well, Jade Kadoa is letting me construct my apple tree at Drake Stables. I can send pictures for inspection when I'm done. Also, even though my apple dryad is.. well, unmotherly... she does reflect the fruit of her tree rather well. She's also a younger dryad, so she's kind of more... kid-like. A rebellious, tricky kid.

The thing about the the listed description of the dryads is that's the traits that all dryads of that tree type share. No matter what else is going on with any of the of them, the apple dryads are motherly. That's the shared trait between them. I don't want to dictate how you play your character too much, but if she doesn't possess the trait that all dryads of her tree type share, perhaps you should pick a tree that better fits her personality type.

The thing about the the listed description of the dryads is that's the traits that all dryads of that tree type share. No matter what else is going on with any of the of them, the apple dryads are motherly. That's the shared trait between them. I don't want to dictate how you play your character too much, but if she doesn't possess the trait that all dryads of her tree type share, perhaps you should pick a tree that better fits her personality type.

I looked over all the descriptions of the dryad types, and I didn't really find one that was particularly... mischievous. Could I perhaps play a lemon tree dryad? I know they weren't listed, but I'd be able to keep my character's name, personality, tree location, and bring a new take to the dryads, considering I don't think my character will be very motherly. She's tricky and likes to pull pranks, but she likes to challenge passerby, laugh with those who will laugh with her, and even hand out her lemons (or rather, throw them mercilessly at people). I don't think she'd be mean or cruel, just an energetic, fun-loving person.

Edit: I have a friend who wishes for me to set up my tree near the orcs in Gronkkston. Could be an interesting arrangement. I haven't yet built my tree or started playing my character.

Name of Dryad, Greek word and English meaning: Krémasma (Hanging)

Type of Dryad: Mango Tree (Would act like an orange Dryad, but mangos.)

Picture of Skin: attachicon.gifphp5fMO5GPM.jpg

MC Username: MushyNinja

Forum Username: mushyninja

Note: My skin is an edited version of Pinsir99s skin. I have obtained permission to use it.

Note: Could I create a small 3 x 3 room underneath my tree? Just to house a bed and maybe a food chest. I could have a door in the roots of the tree and make it look natural.

Okay, Looks good.

Why not? I made a 5x5 room under mine that was supported by the roots of the tree above it. Depending on the size of the tree, some dryads make their home under it, and some in the canopy. Go ahead and do what you want for housing.

Thank you, my tree is not really large enough to build in the canopy. I will pm you my trees location soon.