A Quick Guide To Timekeeping

Sporadic

I feel like I've made this guide many times before, but I suppose it bears repeating now that the specifics are all taken care of. With the Agronomy plugin, time is synchronized to the real world clock, and will behave in a predictable manner. This is outlined below.

You can obtain a briefer, ingame version of this guide with the command /help calendar

Duration of the Lotcian time units:

1 Lotcian Day - 1 Hour

1 Seed - 1 Day

1 Year - 1 Week

The 0 tick in the internal Minecraft day clock is synchronized to occur on each round hour. For laymen, tick 0 in minecraft (which has 24000 ticks in a day) would look roughly as ~8am ingame. This means that a 'sunrise' will be seen on every full hour by the players. Furthermore, each month switch will occur at noon GMT of each day. Due to this, the following IC and OOC statements are equivalent:

"Sunrise of the 9th day" <-> "9pm gmt"

Sequence of the Months:

In the current state of the plugin, the following correspondence exists between the RL week and the LotC months. Note that the mentioned seed is the one the calender observes after the mentioned noon GMT seed change of that day.

Monday: The Amber Cold

Tuesday: The Deep Cold

Wednesday: Snow's Maiden

Thursday: Malin's Welcome

Friday: The First Seed

Saturday: The Grand Harvest

Sunday: Sun's Smile

This approach mostly benefits the American playerbase, who will effectively observe a month on LotC to coincide with every new day.

Time Dilation (lengthening of the days):

During the summer (which you will notice always coincides with the weekends) nights are relatively made shorter without altering the duration of a day. Sunset and sundown are always a constant length (5 minutes), leaving day and night to distribute the remaining 50 minutes.

• In winter, night is about 20 minutes while day is 30.
  • During summer, day takes up a total of 45 minutes leaving a night of 5 minutes.
  • Fall and Spring are transitional seasons, where the days will get gradually shorter and longer respectively.

Footnotes:

[1] These times are all with Daylight savings time in effect. How seasons will react to the clocks turning back is still unspecified as of right now.

~ Published

i hate one week years so much two months are going down without us even getting on the server thats shitty

wasnt it two weeks to a year a little bit ago because thats what im gonna follow

It was and honestly I liked it at that. If you can't play for a few days, you've already missed nearly half the year with this new time keeping thing.