Just A Concept I Came Up With: Witchcraft/wicca Inspired

Cyndikate

Just a little concept I decided to write. It's quick short and to the point.

If anyone asks, unless I come up with something interesting, I'm likely not coming back. I'm still on a "break" so to speak. This is just a little idea.

The idea is a dark arts magic inspired by the religion of Wicca. Gods will be involved. Rituals will be done, and so will curses and Hexes. Though this does not necessarily apply to Wicca, this has a great emphasis on equivalent exchange, especially powerful spells requiring living sacrifices. Basically you have to go out and capture someone to get some spells done. Might even be cannibalism blood drinking and all that. (Again. This isn't necessarily Wicca)

Most spells will have a variety of non-combat magic, including support and utility. Magical items exclusive to them might be made. They still require sacrificing living things. The concept of this is that just like the Wiccan religion itself, it abides by the rule of three. Meaning that whatever you cast can either come back with a pat on the back(good spells) or haunt you, hurt you, or even kill you(evil spells).

That's basically the concept. I want to know what you all think. Is this concept worth exploring? Was the idea interesting? Why or why not?

This honestly is the line for me. If it is going to be about real witchcraft then it has gone too far. Good Christian would be driven away from fear of Satan taking them over via Minecraft.

This honestly is the line for me. If it is going to be about real witchcraft then it has gone too far. Good Christian would be driven away from fear of Satan taking them over via Minecraft.

Witchcraft isn't satanic.

You asked for my feedback. I quoted somebody and stated that this is where I draw the line.

Deleting valid posts isn't going to help, especially when these opinions are shared.

You asked for my feedback. I quoted somebody and stated that this is where I draw the line.

Deleting valid posts isn't going to help, especially when these opinions are shared.

I didn't delete anything.

I think this server is honestly cringeworthy to christians/catholics already (neckbeard atheists playing templars and such). I don't see why we need to make it more so. That being said it's just a matter of OOC opinion.

Rewrite it so it's not stolen from another medium, and sure, why not?

I think this server is honestly cringeworthy to christians/catholics already (neckbeard atheists playing templars and such). I don't see why we need to make it more so. That being said it's just a matter of OOC opinion.

It's Real life. And I've done months of research on this back in college.

Really the same concept of soul puppetry.

I like the idea, but I don't think it requires a plugin or 'special snowflake rules.' If you want a witch character, make a person that runs around in the woods drinking blood and hexing people. That would make more interesting RP than *Herp hexes Derp.* /looc ur ded now k??/

We litterally had an IRL priest as a High pontiff. :P

Personally I feel the closest I want to get to Wiccan is Orcish Shamanism. I am aware they are different, but we already have a lot of Pagan based things. (I know Wiccan and Pagan are different, don't shoot me.)

It's Real life. And I've done months of research on this back in college.

So your brilliant idea is Satanic communion? You claim to have done research on this, yet you don't even realise that witchcraft is built around Satanic acts?

So your brilliant idea is Satanic communion? You claim to have done research on this, yet you don't even realise that witchcraft is built around Satanic acts?

There's no call to antagonize people. This is an idea post. Treat it as such. If you like the idea, support it. If not, then refrain from blotting out relevant posts.