Wyrvun Magic

ShameJax

Decided to post another form of lore I have been working on. The original idea was created by Lock back in the Fringe.

An Account of Strange Events, Arayon Limlugon

14th of The Deep Freeze, 1490

Something strange is happening to me. I was merely sleeping, in my typical location in a very cold cave of the dwarven city. With the frost biting into my skin, and the water slowly flowing down a waterfall it was a peaceful location, a lovely location at that. I awoke abruptly, feeling a strange singing feeling all over my body. In a single motion I wiped my hair out of my face, yet I noticed something awkward upon my hand. A strange tattoo was over the hand, crawling up my arm. I inspected myself, uncovering that tattoos stretched all over my body. These tattoos were off a light blue color, similar to how my eyes glow whilst casting magic. With a quick realization I decided I should probably get out of this cave. Whilst walking out a voice appeared throughout my mind, echoing the word “Wyrvun” continously, over and over again. I am an avid worshipper of Wyrvun, so I merely passed it off as my own thoughts. That is, until I tripped and fell down the cliff. I closed my eyes, realizing this may be it. Until a feeling of energy coursed throughout my body, ice creeped up all over my body. Seemingly forming armor. I crashed into the ground, with the ice quickly dispersing into frost as soon as I land, and the frost heading inside of me. I quickly proceeded to look around, curious as to how this happened. I was curious as to if I could make this event happen at will. I proceeded to think about a suit of armor, feeling the energy flow through my body the ice slowly started forming over me once again. It slowly turned into a suit of armor. This armor was surprisingly light, and rather sturdy. With a quick thought of frost entering me, the armor dispersed into mere frost, once again entering me. I was curious as to if it could work on other forms of ice. With a quick thought of ice, a sword was formed within my hand. I was curious as to if I could channel the void through this blade. I quickly sent a small bolt of ice throughout the blade, the ice crashing into the cliff. I dropped the blade, in raw amazement. And the blade, surprisingly dispersed into frost once again.

OOC:

This is magic based off of the Aengul Wyrvun.

Pros:

-Armor and weapons able to be summoned.

-The blade is able to channel magic.

Cons:

-Extreme weakness to heat and fire.

-Can not be immoral due to Wyrvun being the Aengul of cold and virtue.

-Can be canceled by Fi mages.

-The ice made must be touching you.

Mechanizing This:

Make a spell that makes it so you can summon diamond armor for non mages, leather armor dyed blue for mages.

Make a sword that is able to be summoned that is as useful as a stave.

This seems to be an OOC power play for abilities, but there's also the fact- why is Wyvrun giving this magic to you? Why would he give it to Arayon, a person who was a member of the Iblees Cult? Why is Wyvrun interfering in mortal affairs? What does he gain by this? 

This seems to be an OOC power play for abilities, but there's also the fact- why is Wyvrun giving this magic to you? Why would he give it to Arayon, a person who was a member of the Iblees Cult? Why is Wyvrun interfering in mortal affairs? What does he gain by this? 

Past member at this point. Arayon is a devote worshipper of Wyrvun. And I need to put the ability to give it to others in. Wyrvun is doing this because he the god of virtue, this is trying to spread his goals throughout. It will be easily possible for Wyrvun to give it to others. This is just from my perspective for lore purposes.

Past member at this point. Arayon is a devote worshipper of Wyrvun. And I need to put the ability to give it to others in. Wyrvun is doing this because he the god of virtue, this is trying to spread his goals throughout. It will be easily possible for Wyrvun to give it to others. This is just from my perspective for lore purposes.

Aenguls and Daemons don't have typings, the typings are a mortal/descendant way of comprehension, so truly he has no reason to provide things to the "virtued". His "goals" which are? Why would he give it in the first place?

It is not from your perspective for lore purposes, you want special powers for your own character, I recommend you make this lore more unique and give the Aengul some depth. 

As of now this lore has no purpose stated in it and does not benefit roleplay in any way. I recommend you draw it out and give it intricate purpose. Why did Wyrvun choose /you/, was there any reason accept for your status as a devout worshiper of the Aengul? Why is he trying to give mortals magic? All aenguls have intentions and I see none here. This all has to be detailed in the Lore Post and not in the comments. 

Your sudden mastery of the magic is disturbing. Is this typical? If so, is everyone a master when they start? You think of an icy suit of armor and it suddenly appears onto you. Is this a basic of the magic? It does not matter if you are a strong worshiper. Even the strongest worshipers need to condition their body to channeling new magic.

This also sounds awfully close to Water Evocation's Ice Evoking abilities, accept its seemingly overpowered and deity-based rather than arcane.

I hope you understand that this lore would not be accepted unless you put it here for documentation purposes. You need to seriously draw this out and spend some more time on it, thinking the many ambiguous parts out. -1.

I really like the climax of this lore. But the problem is I only got to see the climax, when Arayon witnessed this miracle happen to him. I suggest adding a whole plot and expand the history, tell me about Wyrvun, why is Wyrvun choosing this specific person, why does he want to interfere and associate with mortals, let alone give them a unique power? I also suggest expanding on the armor and swords, ice would be heavy if it were across your entire body. Maybe this armor could be extremely heavy and thick, it wouldn't make sense for thick armor to be light. Add more pros and cons, expand on what's allowed and what isn't. Go in-depth with mechanics and explain how they'd relate back to your lore.

Very interesting so far though, usually don't write up this much when I'm reading over lore, lol. 

After a quick realization, this is basically the same thing as golden lance magic. Self denial.

just to put this in, wyrvun blesses those who are pure and have always been pure.

Wyvurn was active in the world as his corrupted form, Ondnarch. After the defeat of Ondnarch at the hands of the dwarves and the restoration to being Wyvurn, I'm fairly sure he withdrew. His purpose in the world was the annihilation of the dwarves, once restored to purity, he likely withdrew to the Higher Planes with no further reason to interact with the mortal plane.

After a quick realization, this is basically the same thing as golden lance magic. Self denial.