{Wip} Enter The Athenaeum

ForeverGinger

((First off, let me apologize for not using the regular format for this, as I am pitching a story arc instead of a single event, I will try and keep this as organized as possible! Please note, I will only be detailing a rough outline of my concept, and allowing the specifics to be worked out at a later date. Now, without further adieu, I bid you to Enter the Athenaeum...))

Knowledge is like a bird in many ways. It is a free spirit, yearning to spread its vast wings and share its fruits with all who encounter it. But, like all birds, it will soon carry on its way. One may try and clip the birds wings to keep it for a while, but eventually it will leave us one way or another. Thoughts fly from the minds of forgetful scholars like leaves in an autumn gale. Ancient books and scrolls are burnt, lost or forgotten...

Listen now, don't doze off. this is where the story gets interesting. Hidden throughout the land, deep within the texts and writings of every race and culture that wandered these lands, I have found messages. They vary in meaning, form and language, but all hint to the same ultimate goal. The Athenaeum. A vast archive, locked away under many layers and seals, in the darkest, most twisted corners of the land. A cage for these birds of thought, to keep them captive before they take wing. A mausoleum for the wisdom of ancient minds that now lie rotting in the earth. A kind of 'cheat-sheet' if you will, containing all that has been and all that will be.

But I tell you friends, many would kill for this kind of power, for from knowledge comes strength, and more would give their lives defending it. This is where my studies lead me to another, darker discovery. The Chroniclers. The... things... responsible for defending the Athenaeum. They take many forms and, armed with the contents of this vast archive, will stop at nothing to protect it. This is where my research ends. I have given you all I can. The rest lies with the Descendants...

((OOC: A new story line, where everyone of every race can take part in a great scramble to claim the contents of the Athenaeum. Riddles and Mini-events can be done that drop hints that lead to bigger, server-wide events! Humans, Elves, Dwarves, even Kha's and Orcs (at least, those who can read) can delve into ancient tomes and trod the forgotten corners of lost libraries to find out more about this great database of the universe!))

^_^ ~ForeverGinger

Looks like it has a lot of wiggle room for fun, and I'll give a heck yeah to anything that adds some good depth to the server! Nice writing, Ginger. Hope this works out. :)

You got it. The events will be in some time, considering this idea will take lots of planning.

Good read, definitely something that sparks my interest.

Alright. This event line has been in progress for some time now, and will continue to be in the next months to come. I'll move this into Completed Events.