Ambush in the Swampland

Travista

Swampgoth Shreck'Lak trudges along in the murky morning of his swamp, leading a small warband through the dense fog. Unable to bear the thoughts that were on his mind he lets out a wroth fueled snarl; someone had invaded his swamp in his absence, Laklul's swamp. These invaders were given a chance to leave with their heads contiguous with their bodies and with their possessions, yet for some odd reason they refused his irresistible bargain.

Clearly, this would not do.

Hastily motioning for his band of Laks and close friends to halt he growls, inspecting the congregation of guards through a dense wall of foliage. Turning his attention back to his comrades he nods his head, draws his ancient orkish sword and bellows a deafening war cry as he thunders into the clearing, 

"FUR LAKLUL MI BRUDDAS, FUR LAKLUL, LIBERAYSHUN OAR FLAT!"

And just like that the swampy hoard descended, clad in weaponry.

Warclaim

Type of battle: Skirmish

Time: 3PM EST Saturday 19/09/2015

Attacking force: Shreck'Lak's Warband

Defending force: Aeroch Nor

Location and boundaries:

The red square will be the rough boundries of the skirmish. Blue; Aeroch Nor, green; Shreck'Lak's Warband

ujTfPNg.png

Edit: Included some foliage near our start to make it seem more friendly to the role play portion of this WC

Terms of Victory

Victory for attacker: Defenders are killed or driven from the general battle area.

Victory for defender: Attackers are killed or driven from the general battle area.

Rewards

If the attacker wins: They will be granted rights to pillage Aeroch Nor in a week's time or more.

If the defender wins: Clan Lak/Shreck'Lak will be unable to warclaim Aeroch Nor for two months. If Shreck'Lak is killed and an official from Aeroch Nor rolls a 14+ ( a GM must be present, only one roll ) Shreck'Lak will be imprisoned/captured by Aeroch Nor.

Rules

-Server Rules

-No fake statuses

-No returning to battle on alts

-No potions/gapples

-No salt

-No PvP alts

Denying the No Allies Terms. 

We can disccuss this in Skype.

Sidenote: "This is my swamp" is not as valid as a Warclaim reason, I'd like an Admin to make the final say in this matter.

Edited by Arkelos - Vardak

This is an ambush, you cannot get allies as well, it's an ambush. If this does ever devolve into a conquest/pillage yes, you may as it makes sense in role-play. But for an ambush? Nah.

This is an ambush, you cannot get allies as well, it's an ambush. If this does ever devolve into a conquest/pillage yes, you may as it makes sense in role-play. But for an ambush? Nah.

Conquests can not be ambushes.

There is no system in the warclaim rules that allows for an ambush. Thusly, it is my right to deny this term, seeing as it doesn't line up with any server rules or warclaim system rules. In addition, even if it were allowed, how would one set up an ambush right outside of the city? Furthermore, even if ambushes were allowed, with allies like Urguan and Fenn so close, would reinforcements not be able to rush there realistically and take place in the combat? It's for these reasons that I deny the no allies rule.

On top of this, They've initiated hostility and beheaded a councilor, and we've responded with diplomacy and peace. They have no Casus Beli for war outside of "This is my Swamp" and I will be waiting for an Admin's decision.

EDIT:

Also from the Warclaim Rules:
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/123960-war-rules/

If you do not have an adjacent region to your target, you cannot wage war on a territory, unless you have permission to pass through adjacent friendly territory.

Edited by Arkelos - Vardak

I could be wrong but I believe this is a straight path to Aeroch Nor, I don't see any nations blocking the path. And again, I'd like to persist with the 'no allies rule' as it is an ambush in RP, it doesn't make sense. Even then you don't have to worry, this isn't a conquest/pillage, all you have to lose is me having an opportunity for you to lose.

FkRkgll.png

Edited by Travista

After a vote within the team it has been decided that the conditions for a conquest (namely, rp justification/casus belli) have not been met and as a result, in the event of an offensive victory over Aeroch Nor in this warclaim, the most that can be made as a follow up is a pillage claim.

This particular battle may proceed as planned.