royal guards of malinor (recruiting)

Queen of Aegis

Actually, that were Juvens and me, haha :mrgreen:

Good luck with Recruiting!

You basterds!

and thank you!

i am very disappointed in almost all of you, nobody showed up, and one had a valid reason, one was an idiot amd cant apply anymore. i really want you guys to check this forum, it says in the rules BE ACTIVE and you guys arent if you are to lazy to even show up or say that you cant be there. the next training will be somewhere next weekend, if you are not there with an valid reason you apps are all denied and you cant apply again.

see this as a warning. and please read the rules and the news on this forum, we dont want inactive people.

i am very disappointed in almost all of you, nobody showed up, and one had a valid reason, one was an idiot amd cant apply anymore. i really want you guys to check this forum, it says in the rules BE ACTIVE and you guys arent if you are to lazy to even show up or say that you cant be there. the next training will be somewhere next weekend, if you are not there with an valid reason you apps are all denied and you cant apply again.

see this as a warning. and please read the rules and the news on this forum, we dont want inactive people.

Excuse me? I find this quite rude. First, I would expect the head of the Elven Royal Guards to express themselves in a much more mature and poetic fashion than this. Your grammar is just terrible. I was accepted and talked personally to the High Princess of Malinor. Unfortunately when I was given my title by her in character I had to go to work but I returned later that evening. We chatted ooc and ic: I asked her my duties and if there would be any training. She mentioned my skills and loyalty seemed fine and I did not need training but I insisted because I have no knowledge of what type of duties entail of being a Royal Elven Guard (obviously guarding the royal family, but curious of what we do: i.e. just follow the family around? etc.?).

Not to mention immediately after being accepted on the forums I send my crow with a letter to Jon0 (sent him a tell in game about being accepted) I sent him many over a 30 minute period, I received no reply. You said yourself that you will not be very active yet you criticize those who you have accepted/recruited on being inactive? No offense but I was accepted and was never told there would be an official meeting or that there would be something that would be taking place to train all of the accepted applicants. I've tried contacting YOU personally in character (through tells) over the last two days in which I have been on approx 8-10 hours, never once seeing you online (though this may be because of time zone differences).

Not only do I feel completely disrespected by your words, I also find myself a bit over qualified from the looks of the applicants you have accepted. I was a bit more interested in joining a group which would involve highly skilled elves in the way of the sword. Not to mention you contradict yourself in your message by saying "- you must be an elf to be able to join us, any other race will be insta-denied" and now looking back I see you immediately accepted other races as part of what is supposed to be a formation of a group of Guards dedicated to protecting the Elven Royal Family.

Best of Luck in your efforts to form the Elven Royal Guards. I hereby withdraw my application and resign my duties as a Royal Elven Guard.

Good day.

Excuse me? I find this quite rude. First, I would expect the head of the Elven Royal Guards to express themselves in a much more mature and poetic fashion than this. Your grammar is just terrible. I was accepted and talked personally to the High Princess of Malinor. Unfortunately when I was given my title by her in character I had to go to work but I returned later that evening. We chatted ooc and ic: I asked her my duties and if there would be any training. She mentioned my skills and loyalty seemed fine and I did not need training but I insisted because I have no knowledge of what type of duties entail of being a Royal Elven Guard (obviously guarding the royal family, but curious of what we do: i.e. just follow the family around? etc.?).

Not to mention immediately after being accepted on the forums I send my crow with a letter to Jon0 (sent him a tell in game about being accepted) I sent him many over a 30 minute period, I received no reply. You said yourself that you will not be very active yet you criticize those who you have accepted/recruited on being inactive? No offense but I was accepted and was never told there would be an official meeting or that there would be something that would be taking place to train all of the accepted applicants. I've tried contacting YOU personally in character (through tells) over the last two days in which I have been on approx 8-10 hours, never once seeing you online (though this may be because of time zone differences).

Not only do I feel completely disrespected by your words, I also find myself a bit over qualified from the looks of the applicants you have accepted. I was a bit more interested in joining a group which would involve highly skilled elves in the way of the sword. Not to mention you contradict yourself in your message by saying "- you must be an elf to be able to join us, any other race will be insta-denied" and now looking back I see you immediately accepted other races as part of what is supposed to be a formation of a group of Guards dedicated to protecting the Elven Royal Family.

Best of Luck in your efforts to form the Elven Royal Guards. I hereby withdraw my application and resign my duties as a Royal Elven Guard.

Good day.

well sorry if it came rude, but i was very mad at most of them.(the grammar is cuz im not english and translate wont work with me) i just typed what came up to me, i didnt mean to be mad at you. also i posted in the forum that i had internet problems and that people had to conact me through TS or the forum cuz i couldnt get on the server cuz i had an slow laptop.

and i also wasnt informed about you, so hereby my appologies to you. and i hope you can forgive me.

also i would like you to come back at the royal guards, i can be back online again but i also have some school, if you contact me ingame we can talk about this. also they werent all accpeted, you would be given an great test, what i organized and stuff i costed me a lot of time to do that, and then my hard work was for nothing so i kinda raged in the reply.

so also hereby my apologies to everyone who is also mad at me, i just raged because i putted alot of work in it and later on people dont show up. most people would do the same( at least all the people i knew would)

jon left the royal guards to take care of theatre in laurelin and I wish him the ebst luck.

now that jon is gone there is another spot free in the royal guards, that brings the total to 5 guards needed. so if you want an good chance of being an guard train your sword or axe and wrestling to make an bigger chance of becoming an royal guard of malinor.

I'd like to apologize to the fellow who sent me many a crow. I did not receive your crow, or I mistook him for a normal crow ((as in didn't see it)). As my former boss said, I did leave. I apologize for the inconvenience.

((ooc stuff. I am not as active as I can be in the summer due to the fact that I go to school and have homework. I wish I could have assisted you, but am sorry that I couldn't))

Aye, im no Elf, though i have almost no chance in ever being accepted, i shall try nonetheless

application:

mc name: ((Archmage_Cataris))

rp name: ((Cataris conDoin))

sword skill: ((46))

wrestling skill: ((13 though ill be training it up shortly once i reach 55 swords))

blacksmithing skill: ((0))

other high skills: ((Excavation, being 24))

previous experience: I was once a Lt. in the Oren Guard, a Watchmen for Winterfell, A Guildmaster for the Mages Guild, i lead my own army that was then merged into the Nords, I was Head Footsman of the Nords. I have been in many battles and have come out alive, including: The battle of Kal' Byrst, in which i followed Native to the top of the mountain, fighting alongside him, I was at the battle of Al' khazar, i helped the citizens flee to the keep, though i was knocked unconscious during an explosion in the keep, I was at several of the battles in Snowy Fields in which on occasion i was made the commanding officer during a battle or two, I personally lead a successful siege on the Undead Keep, I attended a battle at Alstion and have fought numerous battles with bandits and undead alike out in the wilds, I have also walked into the Gauntlet and come out with my purse full.

why do you want to join: I, being from a old and shamefully dishonored family wish to regain our honor that my father lost and to serve and protect the people i love.

do you swear to protect all the princes and princesses with your life no matter what happens?: Aye i swear by my god and yours, ill do the best i can. Though i am no invincible being who can ward off any enemy, i shall be the best shield i can to protect the princes and princesses alike until my dying breath i shall do my duty, until my duty is no longer needed.

((I added a few more informative stuff on my character just felt like the app needed more :P))

Male

Age 42

Northerner

note everyone who has applied an will apply, you are an recruit. you cannot vhange your name to something like Elven_Royal_Guard_Recruit_<name> you arent totally accepted. you will all be tested at the same time by doing an very hard recruitement test. this will probably happen this weekend 17/18 september. if you widh to be there please post the times you are able to be there. also please post your time in timezone GMT+/- i dunno what. mine is GMT+2 so please nothing like 8pm GMT+7because then i cannot be there( thats 3am for me). (yes i need sleep to)

thank you for your time reading this and i hope the posts will come soon

not to interven but i accept cataris i hav known him for some time and know he can fight

~Prince Tailion

Whilst Cataris is not an elf, I too would like to submit my support for him. I have known him for a long time, since the beginning of the Undead War, when we first met.

Not only is his skill with the blade noteworthy, but he is loyal and good. I think he would make a fantastic addition to the Royal Guards of Malinor. It would be a shame and a folly to deny Cataris simply because he is human.

These are my thoughts. Take them as you will.

- Prince Toren.

as it seems that cataris has support of 2 princes. i shall let him in the royal guards. but if an elf applys and he proves he is better then cataris im affraid i have to let go of himas an royal guard. i shall contact him ingame and let him take an test

can you all please reply on what date, time and time zone

it is really hard to ectually get an test without people letting me know when they can be online.

so by this please post when you can be online.

can you all please reply on what date, time and time zone

it is really hard to ectually get an test without people letting me know when they can be online.

so by this please post when you can be online.

Date: 18th

time: 9am - 9pm

timezone: 10+ AEST

My Time zone is GMT +10, and I can come on at any time really over Saturday 17th-Sunday 18th within reason (e.g. not when its 3am for me). However can you please either PM me or reply on the forums about what time you want, so that if anything irl comes up I can try to reschedule it.

i wont be online at the server at all this week, the wireless internet thingy for my pc is taking longer to get here then i thought. i will be on the forums and teamspeak alot though.