[✓] Into the Trees

excited

FSiEU1v.png

961e60e14f6d6a2ae5b393924eca5f1a.jpg

The sun began its nightly descent as plumes of smoke wafted up from the thorn bark pyres set aflame, lit like torches amidst the darkening horizon. Splintered forces had fought bravely in the clearing just nights before, and while seeking to assert their dominance they had paid an incredible price. It was no mean feat that resulted in the eventual victory of the Azdrazi as once again their black banners few over the war zone, the trophies of their conflict scattered along the soot covered fields. Dented armaments and scorched bones would be all that remained of the decimated elven force, a gruesome sight that would plague the memories of the few survivors; the bronze-clad knights having prevailed over the combined forces of the elf and druid crusaders despite heavy losses dealt by the hit-and-run tactics enacted by the more cunning elven warriors consistently during the foray.

It was a costly victory repelling the invaders’ initial expeditionary force and shortly after the draconic forces flew their banners and quickly moved again to safeguard their keep. Veltasad rallied what remained of his following to the sanctuary as they once again swore fealty to the Titan beneath the canopy of the trees, before a force was amassed and surged down from the heights of the mountaintops to again meet the invaders in battle, now few due to recent losses. Morale was high as the druids gradually inched back from the field, gazes awry as the elves surrounded them in a closely-knit phalanx, spears leveled.

Image result for elf fight

(Ameera [@Mikandiion] Twitter)

An Elven Archer marches to the front in order to secure former territories of the Kingdom of Malinor. 

The Azdrazi towards the rear of the company drew their arms back as the gathered elves and druids began their march, hooting and cheering obnoxiously in the face of their adversaries. The air crackled as brilliant red flames formed into elongated bolts, thrumming with the unbridled power of electricity. The air sizzled and popped as the gathered Nephilim split into two groups and moved towards opposite sides of the field, an ample number of fiery spells being rained from the hilltops down at the amassed elven force. The barrage of magical attacks shattered shields and bronze alike as they howled, tumbling to the forest floor, set alight with flames that quickly licked and tore away at their flesh like ravenous wolves. Their petite bodies twisted and fell beneath the might of a strident charge as the Azdrazi appeared to have the upper hand, the fledgling elven force was barreled into and crushed from both sides as the very fabric of the natural surroundings began to come to life, vines outstretching to bite at ankles and throttle stray knights. Flaming blades coursed down to make mincemeat of druids now as the elves fell back into a swift retreat, splayed limbs and heads tumbling from their fleshy bodies and striking the blood sodden grass.

Image result for green dragon

The forests cried out in anguish as they were set aflame, the death of a powerful Ent caught in the crossfire would draw the attention of Taynei'hiylu.

It was then that a roar echoed through the heavens, the fighting coming to an abrupt cessation. A disembowled Druid fell flat on his ass and stared up at the skies in terror as the emerald-tinged dragoness swept down and raked her claws through the vast ensemble of knights. The grass sizzled as molten blood was spilled, blotching the soil, the conflict coming to an end as the Azdrazi retreated only to be ensnared and left to drown in the mud. Gored knights collapsed, their bronze armor torn to shreds in swift, precise moments as their stoney features would freeze eternally. 

The dead lay about the field in droves, their bodies swallowed by the earth as a lush green mist leapt from the dragoness' throat to repair the damage that had been done. Unknowingly, the knights had erred in making their hasty charge, thanks to them the Age of Fire had come to a close. The fortress atop the mountaintop -- the Heights of Azdromoth -- would be nothing but a husk of its former glory, now only the remains of a foregone era. It would not be until eons later that there would be a resurgence of the brood that once inhabited it, a resurgence born through the meticulous tampering of the Arch-Drakaar Azdromoth.

I wrote this for my LT trial, it's a brief background tale on the fall of the original Azdrazi just before the end of the first war against Iblees. The purpose of this lore is to explain the background of Tor'Azdraeth, the ancient homeland of the magically-imbued race called the Azdrazi. This doesn't only serve as a prelude, this article serves to explain the downfall of Azdromoth's at the climax of the wars against Iblees in greater detail and also provides a rich history of the fortress that already has a great deal of events planned.

Looks great Pd, only thing is during the first war with iblees the elves wouldn't be divided by subrace yet, so wood elf seeds wouldn't exist either. Druids certainly could, and Taynei'hiylu was definately there. The elves themselves would all be from the first, Ancient Malinor and be of the proto-elf race, though.

see here:

Just now, 吳憾戰士14 said:

Looks great Pd, only thing is during the first war with iblees the elves wouldn't be divided by subrace yet, so wood elf seeds wouldn't exist either. Druids certainly could, and Taynei'hiylu was definately there. The elves themselves would all be from the first, Ancient Malinor and be of the proto-elf race, though.

see here:

Could I use the term clansmen instead then? Or would elves at the time not aid in a crusade in the glory of the Aspects? 

6 minutes ago, Aerial "The Wroth" Kebabu said:

Could I use the term clansmen instead then? Or would elves at the time not aid in a crusade in the glory of the Aspects? 

No, they certainly could be very religiously zealous about the Aspects, since Malin himself revered the Aspects. The elven forces, however, should resemble more your stereotypical LOTR type Thranduil army, instead of tribal clans.

Not gunna lie, this is pretty nice. My suggestion is making sure there are aspects that can actually be used for something later on, as this seems to mostly just justify the nephilim lore that already exists and reaffirm the existence of lore stuff that is already written.

That being said, I don't exactly know the prompt of the trial, but if it's more than just an assessment on writing skill, what the lore is useful for is probably more important than how well written it is.

I know you don't like me but hopefully this comes across as legit feedback and not me trying to just nitpick you, as I said this is pretty nice.

This looks great and I always +1 a critical role reference.

you should credit Ameera(@Mikandii) on twitter for the photo of ven (the female archer you're using.)

20 hours ago, ski_king3 said:

Not gunna lie, this is pretty nice. My suggestion is making sure there are aspects that can actually be used for something later on, as this seems to mostly just justify the nephilim lore that already exists and reaffirm the existence of lore stuff that is already written.

That being said, I don't exactly know the prompt of the trial, but if it's more than just an assessment on writing skill, what the lore is useful for is probably more important than how well written it is.

I know you don't like me but hopefully this comes across as legit feedback and not me trying to just nitpick you, as I said this is pretty nice.

Message gotten. I'll see if I can add more to link it in with other objects and traditions.

14 hours ago, Zamaru42 said:

This looks great and I always +1 a critical role reference.

you should credit Ameera(@Mikandii) on twitter for the photo of ven (the female archer you're using.)

Done.

This lore has been added to this weeks loremag.

Expect a decision within a week from this post.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.