Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Technically Lago

How's It Been?

16 posts in this topic

Figured I'd stick my head 'round the door (again) and see how things are going here. Looks like a lot of things have changed since I was last active in late 2013 (lots of new faces in senior staff positions) and lots of things haven't (I'm genuinely surprised the Asulon warclaim and raid system survived six years).

For those of you who've been around long enough to remember me (if you don't I explained it in the thread I linked) how's the server changed in the last few years? Did the problems with inactive admins get solved in the end? Did the server finally find a map size people are happy with or is it still oscillating between huge and tiny? Have there been any ground breaking changes in the server running or the lore in last four years? And most importantly are all the world names still Ancient Greek words beginning with A?

Axios, yes. 

Axios is too big

Be my friend

Hello

Hi

28 minutes ago, Technically Lago said:

Did the problems with inactive admins get solved in the end?

Pretty much.

Did the server finally find a map size people are happy with or is it still oscillating between huge and tiny?

No

Have there been any ground breaking changes in the server running or the lore in last four years?

The Staff now has Departments instead of Teams.

Lore Department doesnt use Skype anymore, they use the Staff discord.

And most importantly are all the world names still Ancient Greek words beginning with A?

You bet.

:)

Posted (edited)

oh **** lagomorphia my old true friend of friendly banter and long hours of bickering

i missed you lots

(im darkjameS)

Edited by Chaotikal

Posted (edited)

Any of the other old problems fixed or is it same story different faces?

oh **** lagomorphia my old true friend of friendly banter and long hours of bickering

i missed you lots

i don't know who you are

j/k

but srsly give me a name i'll recognise ostensible old true friend of banter and bickering

Edited by Technically Lago

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Technically Lago said:

Any of the other old problems fixed or is it same story different faces?

No. In fact, the server's stagnated into a type of early anthos, late Elysium type of deal, where the rp is stale, most rp happening is OOC fueled, and the staff team has a very shaky relationship with players, so... Yeah, like economic loops, we're on the recession. We might still bounce back, but who knows.

Also you've been gone long enough for most people not to know you. A shame, since you're one of hte founding members of the lore team, the main creator of golem lore and so much more. Also Supremacy took credit for your work in Athera, just to let you know...

Edited by Chaotikal

I'm not that surprised to hear that.

So onto the most important detail.

what have they done to my golems

Just now, Technically Lago said:

I'm not that surprised to hear that.

So onto the most important detail.

what have they done to my golems

You won't be happy, I reckon. They've voided Golem Anvils and instead, "Golem" anvils are just a tool to create more advanced golems, like multi-core golems that work faster, and golems made of pretty much any material... So they've basically made Lightningbound golems possible, but then had to nerf them down to basically not be "THE LIGHTNINGBOUND GOLEM", but just be a dissapointing chaos.

Posted (edited)

Voiding anvils is probably a good thing. It made it less about the characters and more about people who could make the characters. EDIT: Apparently I did that.

"Lightningbound" golems were just the early concept for golems without souls. That concept was implemented as Thanhic Golems in Anthos. Sounds like you mean something else though.

Multi-core just doesn't make sense. That'd be like a car with four steering wheels.

2 minutes ago, Technically Lago said:

Voiding anvils is probably a good thing. It made it less about the characters and more about people who could make the characters.

"Lightningbound" golems were just the early concept for golems without souls. That concept was implemented as Thanhic Golems in Anthos. Sounds like you mean something else though.

Multi-core just doesn't make sense. That'd be like a car with four steering wheels.

Thanhic golems are it's own thing, they're the "norm" now. Though there's two Golemsmiths who can soulbound still alive; Dormin Doomforged and an Elf Golemsmith. But yeah, I'm talking of advanced golemancy, I tried looking for the thread to no avail. I'll try seeping through implemented lore later on.

Are you planning on staying? Your sudden leaving was surprising, where were ya?

Posted (edited)

University. Right now I'm just seeing how everything is.

Also what is this "golem app"?

and why are there pages upon pages of them

6 minutes ago, Technically Lago said:

University. Right now I'm just seeing how everything is.

Also what is this "golem app"?

and why are there pages upon pages of them

Magical creatures require to make applications nowadays, Golems fall under them, so do Gravens, Spirits, Wraiths, Etc etc.

Posted (edited)

Mixed feelings on that but I have mixed feelings on the server's secondary roleplay applications in general.

The huge number of golem apps turning up in search boggles the mind a little although I guess it is several years worth of them.