[✗] Magic Lore -- Mental Magic

ToodIes

12 hours ago, Mavromino said:

I prefer Alpha's idea personally but this isn't bad per say.

Soon™️

That torture thing requiring so wove to divulge information? No. That's still enforced and lore approved metagaming. People can lie. Also, one of the red lines for sensory illusion currently is that you have to have experienced an illusion in some way to replicate it. Something I never understood about mental magic is why it seemed mental mages didn't need that caveat and could do whatever they wanted brainlet style. 

That's one of the reasons mental magic was shut down and I don't think that will fly since you're just taking to previous abilities that were no goes from before and merging them together such that to use one it requires the other. 

11 hours ago, Demotheus said:

That torture thing requiring so wove to divulge information? No. That's still enforced and lore approved metagaming. People can lie. Also, one of the red lines for sensory illusion currently is that you have to have experienced an illusion in some way to replicate it. Something I never understood about mental magic is why it seemed mental mages didn't need that caveat and could do whatever they wanted brainlet style. 

That's one of the reasons mental magic was shut down and I don't think that will fly since you're just taking to previous abilities that were no goes from before and merging them together such that to use one it requires the other. 

The reason mental magic was shut down is because of metamancy. ours is single target vs sensory illusion which is like 15 people max or something.

I used to have a character who used this magic and I never got to T3 since it was shelved and I left for a long time. I would really like to see the return of it since I really enjoyed it. I never got meta with it and people enjoyed what I did, at least I think. Good job Toodles, I’m hoping you get through lore games 

Hello @Toodles78,

Post is here to confirm that you have gathered all the feedback necessary for your lore and wish to proceed with the reviewing process.

Thank you for submitting your piece! It is now under review, a verdict will be given within a few weeks.

This lore has been denied

The team felt as if the piece was lacking alot in terms of clarifications, themes and most other pieces of information that are required for a magic like this. We found problems with quite a few of your abilities, a majority of them being quite overpowered with little to no drawbacks.

We also believe catatonic torture does not remove the original issues we had with mental magic as a whole, it’s a spell that essentially gives justification for the same “you must tell the truth” roleplay that plagued this magic.

This strayed away from the original aesthetic of mental magic and turned it into an overpowered, stun-locking magic with the ability to invalidate any attempts to lie or deceive the mage.