Sign in to follow this  
VIROS

Synod of 1744

Synod of 1744

1st of Sigismund’s End

Image result for painting of three catholic cardinals

Godric Cardinal Reza speaks to the gathered faithful in Helena:

“Dearly beloved, I announce with great sorrow that His Holiness John I has passed out of our realm, and now joyfully into the bosom of GOD. The High Pontificate is in a state of sede vacante, and it is my duty to see that it is filled. I pray that the Exalted will guide our hand in choosing the new High Pontiff, that Horen lend us his mercy, Owyn his purity, Godfrey his justice, and Sigismund his wisdom.”

The Vice-Chancellor sends word to his two remaining colleagues in the Synod that they should convene in Helena in order to conduct the vote. On their arrival, he commences another prayer.

List of Electors: 

• Cardinal Renzfeld [xboxersz]
  • Cardinal Vez [frill]
  • Cardinal Reza [Viros]

((Only the aforementioned may post in this thread. Voting will conclude when all have cast their votes.)

Edited by VIROS

From his seat upon the electoral dais, Jasper Cardinal Renzfeld rises to place his slip of parchment into the voting receptacle. As he approaches, the cardinal’s mouth opens for a brief moment, but the courage he was able to muster during the last synod does not return to him. Silently, he drops his vote into the bucket before beginning a muted return to the remaining congregation of electors.

Godric Cardinal Reza rises from his seat and utters another prayer. He nods to each of his colleague electors and slips his ballot into the receptacle.

Ide Cardinal Ves slowly rises from his seat, uttering a prayer under his breath. His hands are plagued by shaking, the man himself unsure if it were nerves or something rheumatic. With a brief steeling of himself and a nod to his colleagues of faith, he deposits his ballot.