Sign in to follow this  
NightcastorKitty

Challenge of the Lioness

Challenge of the Lioness

T_sh4UaChrizEZKb37zZTcKi7tLPLThUacr6zFRUb2BeuskMlSbqiQG4wZJvFvbrdjzbnQcm3m8zenoifZ576Hl5NQ6MgwOaYOD9pi6TiEaszODkgrnCUnqWnnz-4MwO5wmS3DjJ

1st of The Grand Harvest, 1745

The sun slowly rose in the distance as morning light would cascade across the gates of the mali’ame city, stretching higher and higher until it washes over the top of each plateau. As it would cast upon the connecting bridge that leads to the Aureon Plateau, an armored figure would be seen reaching the edge to step down on the cobblestone path. A chilling breeze would rustle the various trees and grass while the elfess passed by, causing her crimson colored cloak of a Sanguine Hunter to flutter about behind her person. Upon reaching the front of the Aureon Manor, Andria would grasp ahold of Mahae’leh Riv, a spear crafted of her own design with markings along the shaft telling the story of the Tresery Seed and at the top resting a ferrum spearhead. It was then that she would rise it high then with a quick stroke, slams the bottom of it firmly upon the ground while her maw would then part to speak. The elfess’ s voice heard booming out in a determined and commanding tone.

“Lyemar Aureon, High Prince of Irrinor, Head Druid of the Ame’ikurn, The Emerald Prince, and Blessed Descendant of Elenwe,

As a Priestess of El’Narnesa’ame, Lion of Tresery, Bearer of the Mark of Emerald, and a Hunter of the Sanguine Fire Creed, I call upon and challenge you for the position of High Priest.” The Elfess would then pause before continuing on with her speech.

“We both care deeply for our people. We both walk the path of the Aspects and Demi-Gods of the Wilds. I hold respect for what you have done thus far as High Chieftain as we have moved onward even in our darkest hours. Yet as well, I will not stand idly by and blindly allow this to continue. You take on a weight now that I know you have no idea how much of a responsibility it truly is. How much Brother Hawk had to endure and lift up just with this position alone so our people’s culture and way of life can continue. You called upon at first meeting because of the stagnation of the religion as of late. The war and the rebuilding having swallowed many of us into trying to push on and create a better life. A stagnation that we ALL agree upon that must be changed and yet, many voices were lost. Those that could’ve help, stand up, and take on the mantle removed as you put yourself as a placeholder.” The Elfess pauses once again, taking in a breath before she states her conclusion.

“It is why I stand here now. My voice will be heard. I know the Ways of Emerald. I walk the path of Sanguine. I studied that of Ichor and heard the voices of Sage. I listened to the wisdom of Awaiti, Kairn, Nivndil, and many others along my journey to understand the various different viewpoints of Druidism. I was taught by Priestess Layla Arvellon of what it means to be a Priest. I travel the druidic path under the guidance of the Autumn Prince Miklaeil Arvellon. I’ve gained the position of Priestess of Mahae even when the odds were against me. I know of the rituals, ceremonies, rites, and prayers of the Aspects, Mani, and culture of the ‘ame as well as performed such multiple times before. I have the means of upholding this position and so I stand here and seek to claim it.” 

It is with that that the Elfess would lift her spear up some once again before firmly slamming it down upon the solid stone beneath her feet, ending her statement as she waits for the High Prince to reveal himself and respond.

((OOC: This was made given the server is quite frankly being lame and half the time, DCing people or not allowing them to get on. This can continue IG should @Kaelanwish, but I will state that this is by location within Irrinor and who would be normally in the area at the time of when this happened. Only those who would be realistically around may comment on this post. The rest will be taken down/hidden. 

odClKa1kwpah3G5ZkoUVC_0IAH8ep6den5L9BehObmK1bs5ySfEBxVlo86OviCZKuCtDsHHsvns8HzYaQyYnw_0xOmHkaBZRTBqx2u5zhfH5gjqMpeOy5_u37d58N9wulGUSBzFx

Lyemar’s Response

The sound that would emanate from the butt of the spear hitting the stone pathway that led to the Aureon manor would cut through the otherwise calm morning air. What early morning chirps of birds would begin to fall silent as the High Prince made his appearance, drawn out from the depths of the manor to the foot of the steps.

One might have excepted the ‘Ame to look displeased upon receiving such a disturbance at this early of an hour. However, such was quite the opposite as he strode forth a handful of steps forward with a soft smile hinting on the corners of his lips. The light winds that rolled through the valley and cut across the plateau catching the red and blue robes that draped over him. In his right hand, a spear of ancient origin. 

At such a distance, it would appear to be like any other ironwood spear. However, upon closer inspection, it would be clear that the shaft of the spear bore extensive carvings that had faded slightly with time depicting a rich history of the bearers of the spear. Upon the flats of the blade, the Ame’lie of the Aureon Seed could be seen. 

A soft thud could be heard as Lyemar would set the butt of the spear onto the ground beside him. Standing tall, his posture straight as he heard the woman out.

“You remind me of your father of who you bare much resemblance to, Little Lioness. Though I do not recall him being quite so passionate about the Aspects are you are now,” he would begin as she fell silent. 

“You are wise beyond your years, Andria. It is quite evident that you have spent the majority of your early life studying the faith that we share. For when most simply choose one path to walk and accept it as the truth, you have embraced the four of them to some extent.” He pauses, the fingers of his right hand that had been wrapped around the shaft of the spear flexing.

“I will not disrespect you by casting undeserved doubt upon your knowledge of the faith. For it is undeniable.”

“I do however reject the motion that put forth to claim that I have no idea of the burden that rested on the shoulders of Artimec. Do not forget, Lioness, in the infancy of el’Naelurir it was I who served beside what few Brothers and Sisters we had. Alongside the likes of Brother Wolverine, Sister Mustang, and the former Archdruid Sister Sparrow. All of who bore the Aureon name.”

“I have served as many things and made many sacrifices for our people. From my days as el’Chirr of the Sirame, to Prince of the Dominion of Malin, to now serving as the High Prince of Irrinor. Throughout all of this, I have maintained my dedication to El’Narnesa’ame and put my faith above all else.” With each word spoken, his tone would soften slightly. Though it would still carry quite well over the plateau. 

“Artimec had immense weight put upon him by the burden of leading our faith and our people, but do not disrespect me in such a manner to claim that I know nothing of it when I witnessed it firsthand. When I shouldered that burden as well.” 

“You, however, have only borne witness to the fruits of our labours.”

Lyemar would allow for another short pause as he allowed for his words to settle. A soft inhale would be heard before he continued on. “You speak of many drui’. However, more than half of those you mention are not of Irrinor or have only appeared a small handful of times since the settlement of the Irrinites in this realm. The children of Irrinor do not know the names of these Brothers and Sisters. Nor do these Brothers and Sisters know of the children of Irrinor. How can they guide us into the bright future laid out before us if they are not present within our realm?” As he spoke his emerald gaze would pan around the plateau and towards the city.

“Those who you do mention that are of Irrinor have pledged their support. Chieftess Layla Arvellon and the Autumn Prince Miklaeil Arvellon both signed the missive, do not forget. Laurir Allora Caerme’onn has reaffirmed the stance of her seed on this matter and pledges their undying loyalty. Your own Chieftain of who you share blood with, Kalius Tresery who walks the most blessed path of the Emerald Way, has supported such actions.” As the last sentence wrapped up, his gaze shifts once more to Andria.

“Out of the true Irrinites who have remained with the realm through times of turmoil, you are the only one who stands opposed to these changes brought to el’Naelurir.” 

“Young Lioness of the Tresery Seed, I urge you to recall the missive sent. I do not intend to hold the title of High Priest in an iron grip. I have made my intentions clear and will relinquish the title and position peacefully when there is someone more suitable to bear the burden.”

“The young stag of the Caerme’onn who shares blood with the former High Priest Artimec shows much promise. As do you, former Chieftess of the Tresery Seed. The both of you, however, do not possess the gift we drui’ have. Perhaps you recall the moot held where you desired to put yourself forward for Archdruid... Recall at the time those who believed in you firmly advised you to finish your dedicancy and be attuned first. To be patient.”

“I urge you to do the same. Heed the call within you to give up this pointless endeavour rather than continuing this fight and dividing our peoples further. Instead, continue your dedicancy under the Autumn Prince and receive the blessings of the Aspects. Join the Autumn Prince Miklaeil, Chieftess Layla, the Caerme’onns, your own Chieftain, and myself in bringing forth a brighter future for our people.” Lyemar would emphasis the last few sentences he spoke, wrapping up his response to Andria’s declaration. 

Two glowing orbs shone through the brush of trees and bushes near the beginning of the bridge leading toward the Aureon plateau, their owner watching the Emerald Prince and the Lioness as the challenge was made and a response given. His lips curled upward into an almost cheshire grin, one long elven ear flicking as a bird flew past to sit upon a branch and watch as well. Clearly the Autumn Prince was enjoying the show, his student of a Lioness rising to growl at the Aspect-worshipping Red Panda. Twas an intriguing display to be sure, and of the utmost interest to him and his Wildcat goddess. He did not step out from the shadows to interfere, remaining where he stood and opening up a sack of snacks for whenever his wife doubtlessly came about to observe as well.

The Lioness stood there in silence as the High Prince would make his response in turn, keeping her stance firm until he was finished before her lips would part to speak. 

“I know of who supports your decision and has signed their loyalty to such. I’m aware of my own cousin’s stance because he of course, is a dedicant of your own. Even with those of Caerme’onn Seed such as Allora agreeing with it, they however do not speak for me nor of what I feel regarding this. The names I’ve spoken are indeed not of Irrinor nor did I state they ever were or still are. They are Druii much like yourself that I have met along my journey that have different viewpoints within Druidism itself and thus why I stated so.” The elfess would pause for a moment to gather her breath then continues on.

”I do stand by my statement of you not knowing and your response tells me you misunderstand my words. It is not that you are incapable of the burden you take on, it is the blindness you are placing upon yourself for what it truly will be called upon you. You are our High Prince. Your duties are vast and wide. Your time is spent leading this nation and its Council. You have a duty to the Ame’ikurn as its Leader,  being one that shepherds those towards the Emerald Way. You have only shown one side. One Way. One Creed. Whereas I have studied and walked the path of several. Your time where you would NEED to be placed among our people, both old and new, would be strained. Your responsibilities as performing rites, ceremonies, being there and head for ALL sides of the religions here as well as the ‘ame people would be to much.” Andria would take some time to pause again before continuing on. 

”I know I do not bare the gift as of yet. I’m not blind to such a stigma and I fought against it during my dedicancy. A gift is just that, a gift. It hasn’t slowed me down nor make me any less of what a druid should be and should be doing. Whether it be for our people or for that of nature itself.  I right now, have the time and bear no burdens to carry on the duties of this position. You unfortunately have to much and would be even more of a not only a target but a great lost should anything come to harm you. It would be our High Prince, Leader of the Ame’ikurn, and High Priest vacant and gone should you fall.”  The elfess would then finish and allow the High Prince to reply. 

”Such is the burden that I willingly accept. I am not blind to where it is I direct my efforts, Andria,” Lyemar would state in response to the young Lioness. ”My purpose is to serve the people I have sworn an oath to. To guide them towards a future of prosperity. This includes matters of faith as it lays the foundation for our people’s culture. The worship of the Wild Faith is as old as the Seeds themselves which remain the backbone of our nation. I am not irreplaceable as you may lead us to believe as we’ve many capable Chieftains and Chieftesses.”

“To address your concerns of the governing of Irrinor... We should count ourselves lucky that we have such competent members of the Oaken Council who act with my own authority. Citizens of our realm who we can lean on and depend upon in our times of need and turmoil.” Lyemar would pause after stating such, as if weighing several thoughts and planning his next words.

”You may not bare the gifts, and thus have no right to try and claim the title of High Priest without such. However, you have done nothing but excel in the positions given to you and impressed those above you. As such I will offer to you a compromise. Accept the changes that have been brought to the Naelurir and give up on your challenge. In exchange you will be granted the authority to act within the Naelurir and prove yourself capable of the role of High Priest upon your attunement. Surely this is acceptable, ti?”

The Elfess waits for him to finish before she states a response in turn. “If this was a normal circle run by the traditions of Mother, then you would be correct that I would have no right to claim such a position. However, this is El’Narnesa’ame. I broke the barriers long ago on requiring ‘the gift’ when I declared and was acknowledged a full Priestess of the Wild Faith. You even saw it yourself of how close I was of becoming an Archdruid, even if it was me asking questions instead of placing myself as such. To which, I now somewhat regret given the state it has fallen towards.” The Elfess would say, seeming to fall silent as she ponders upon his words before she spoke once more.

”Your compromise shows the hesitation of what is truly seen in your eyes on why you are holding me back. Tell me here and now then, High Prince. Tell me why the ‘gift’ is needed so much so that its such a hindrance  to me and a requirement  needed to fullfill this role? I have walked and done what the High Priest has done before. I spread the faith, I can guides others, I can perform the sermons, rituals, and ceremonies. I aid nature and know when its in pain even though I do not hear it as you and the other druids. I fight off threats and push forward for our culture and history to survive. So tell me what makes ‘the gift’ hinder me from gaining this position? My decision on dropping this Challenge and accepting this compromise will fall upon your answer. Not of the mere offer of a title.” Andria would state in return. 

A magpie would land in the nearby trees, watching the business go down while preening at it's own feathers innocently

A voice arose soon after the interactions, originating from Skylar Taliame'onn. It was loud enough to be heard by all, and was directed towards the stage that Andria had placed herself upon.

"Hiylu'evar ahernal'ehya ito, Malii Malin'onn," he spoke as he presented himself, addressing the newly gathered crowd that he stepped forwards from; as well as addressing Lyemar and Andria. "Andria is not incorrect in raising these questions and suggestions. Lyemar, you do not know this, but you're wrong when you say the Priests don't disagree with the reformations. I stand besides Andria and disagree with these changes. We were meant to hold a moot about these decisions, which I was invited to, but it was cancelled. Soon after, the reformations were released. Neither myself nor any other Drui I know were invited to discuss these changes. From what I can tell, only the Arvellon's voices were heard in the decision of you becoming the sole leader of the Naelurir," he spoke, his voice loud yet carrying his ever-present calmness and serenity.

"I have had distrust ever since I heard of your self-ascension. I have no doubts that you are a good druid, Lyemar, I am positive the entire Priesthood acknowledge such. But that is not enough to defend the decisions made in our structure. The reason I wish I was invited in speaking on these decisions is because I would have rejected the idea of a single leader. You act like a circle of Druids is a kingdom to be ruled by a king. It is not. In the history of the Druidic Order, a single leader has never ruled over a circle of Druids. Our own Naelurir, back in the Dominion, had three archdruids. I often mourn our loss of that age, because we were a strong circle of Druids back then, and now our order has been lost. A single leader will never work for druids. A single Aspect does not rule over Nature, for both ends of the spectrum of the balance must work together for harmony. Similarly, because our circle of Druids is composed of a spectrum of Creeds, tradition, beliefs, and culture- a single leader cannot bring harmony to this circle. You yourself lead a Creed, Lyemar- And I can very well predict your own beliefs, whether you know it or not, will affect decisions you make when you lead the circle. We require more archdruids to bring balance in our ways, who can vote on decisions together to form final fair, unbiased solutions. You rule with absolute power, and I fear the future of our Druids in Irrinor because of such."

Amaryllis Taliame’onn would move to stand after her maln, rolling her shoulders figuring it’s about time to speak her mind. “I'm not one to speak many words about a topic, but I do not intend to remain quiet about this matter. As addressed by Skylar- No, you cannot change a system overnight during a cancelled meeting and expect people to simply stand back while you place yourself at the top. It saddens me to discover the fate of the Emerald Prophet Eryn, who was kicked out by you after he challenged your actions. This is insane to me, for if I remember correctly, it had already been established in Artimec's case that the High Priest could not be the High Chieftain, or as it is now known as, the High Prince.”

“To not possess the gift and demand the role of the High Priest is akin to having never lifted a sword and demanding to command a legion. Read and study as much as you like, Lioness. However, you will never truly be capable of understanding without experiencing the ebb and flow of nature that surrounds us for yourself.

What you describe as having done and being capable of doing... The spreading of the faith, guiding others, performing sermons and rituals. To safeguarding the balance by fighting off threats and sharing in the pain and suffering of nature. These are the duties that a Priest of the Wild Faith is charged with upholding. 

You may break the norms by becoming a fully-fledged Priestess of the Wild Faith. The first in the history of the Priesthood. But you are the only one, surrounded by a mass of attuned drui’. 

As a Priest, you are duty-bound to serve our faith by appealing to those who do not share in the possession of our blessing. You are bound to fight alongside Brother and Sister against threats of disruption by creatures of dark origin and voidal creation. That is the extent of your duty and your knowledge. 

The Naelurir shall serve a purpose beyond the education of oem’ii. The numbers of Priests shall bolster and they shall one day mobilize to uproot what plagues this realm.” A soft exhale could be heard from Lyemar, paired with a slight shake of his head.

“How are you, someone who is incapable of hearing the songs of nature that surround us, to be expected to lead those who can? You can not yet commune with nature, never mind engage with blight or enhance the properties of herbs. Yet there are those of us within the Naelurir who can. 

The duty of the High Priest is not to guide the oem’ii and those without the gift towards the most blessed of paths, though they are welcome to do so. They are instead responsible for the propping up of Priests of the Wild Faith and supporting their endeavours. To ensure that it is the Priest who is capable of guiding those outside of the Priesthood to their enlightenment. 

You are without the gift and seek to guide those who possess it. Outside of guiding the common-folk, you will find your efforts will fall flat. You do not have the experience, lack the understanding, and will not be capable of connecting with one of our order who acts as an extension of the will of nature.

You ask of me to put faith in you and hand the Naelurir to you to guide us down this path of your choosing. A path you will walk blindly while guiding those who are capable of seeing. 

You are a scholar attempting to lead warriors, young Lioness. We do not yet walk the same path.” Lyemar would finish. 

As the Lioness would stand there and listen silently to all those around, her facial features would soften some at Lyemar’s words. The elfess remaining quiet even afterwards as she seems to think upon the words spoken. It was then eventually her spear would raise then slam down several times to motion for silence with the others so that she may speak. “It is rare for me to really back down from my own stance, but for this. I concede. Ti, you are right and as frustrating as it is, that is the reality of my situation no matter how much I want it differently. The Challenge for me claiming High Priest for now will be taken back and I will agree to your compromise. However, I still stand by those next to me right now on how improper this was done.” The elfess would state, sighing some for a moment then continues. 

”You only see and lead one path. Whereas one such as I have walked many. Even with my achievements, one individual cannot see everything. If I am to agree with the changes that has been done and become High Priest upon my attunement, then I should see upon the plans and aid in contributing to them otherwise, as you say, I will be walking blindly into it.” She would then pause for a moment then continue.

”As well, I want Eryn’s banishment removed and removal of citizenship restored. What you do in your Seed is your business and I have no intention of even arguing that. The removal of him from Archdruid is something I agree with as well, but he in the end is still a Brother. I do not want us beginning this new era of  El’Narnesa’ame  this way. Ti, you and  him clashed and fought. That happens and words were said that hurt both sides. But still, we shouldn’t let that control us into rash actions. Even if the other side was wrong too.”  The Elfess would then finish.

”On the matter of Eryn, he was not banished from the Forest Realm. Nothing has been drafted nor have the Forest Guard been told to see to his expulsion.

Rather, if such is being claimed, it comes from falsehoods and lies spread by those not of our circle and not of our nation. Those who seek to sow the seeds of discontent and disrupt our most blessed realm as they have since the founding of the Naelurir. I hold no ill will towards them. But I do not hold any love for those who cling to a past long gone and reject change that comes to the outside world.” Lyemar once more would give a shake of his head at this before moving on.

”As you say, what happens within the Aureon Seed is the business of the Aureons. As is the rights afford to us and every other seed that resides with Irrinor. I hold no love for the man who goes against the core tenets of the family. Who turns against brother, never mind his own Chieftain.

His expulsion from Aureon saw him without a home in Irrinor, and thus without the right to claim citizenship. He is welcome to go through the processes to gain citizenship should he elect to do so as he is not barred from doing so.” Lyemar would pause to let that matter settle before moving on once more.

”It does bring me much hope to hear that we may put this matter behind us and move on towards forging a bright future for our peoples, Andria. There is much work to be done and much to be drafted if we are to succeed.

May the path of the Aspects and that of the Mani lead you to a most blessed place.” With that Lyemar slams the butt of his spear onto the stones that lay underfoot, the High Prince & the High Priest calling for an end of this challenge.

“ Marhiylun maehae'onn, nae'leh iheiuhii il'kae ahera." The Lioness of Tresery would speak. Her spear would rise in response to Lyemar’s gesture as she would then slam hers down in turn. The Challenge now ended.