Johann

Wisdom: Tradition and Silver

p_c7tfALe2u1sVXsMBys0wc_3QvxjBuoP5909MZf4TWnZblWpZNxSwJIzoDYjuE946Oz1g9dyT9mzWU28gjLTahNjUsxWExU6YHlhotn8XpGK8EBkta1kKtnCFvVQgU0uyGKY4WG

With a singular nod, Muriel acknowledges Elathion’s closing address, the crowd once more regressing to numerous hushed murmurs as a period of silence followed as the Uradir paced about the dias. After a few moments he taps an end of his staff against the quartz pavement of the citadel, producing a sonorous, but brief resonance that restored the silence of the Citadel.

“Order, order, order.

I surmise it is all evident to those well read, what position is to be debated after those that came before. We have at last come to the final position in the Silver Council to be formally announced for nomination.

Okarir’maehr. The Guardian of Knowledge, whose duties now also encompass that of Elokarir’indor, overseeing both the pursuit of knowledge in the Eternal College and the preservation of knowledge in the Eternal Library.”

The elf pauses briefly, motioning to the crowd with a wave of his staff, clearing his voice to proclaim:

“Let speeches for nomination be delivered. Let debate be had regarding these nominations.

Maehr’sae hiylun’ehya.”

8aaFY77QMYXY7Zx9WNUCtho-2CVWDmyjpbStKOj39TYTsY1bNyNELM0gVh-49xZFyq9gyak_7GP3dkUrNs2YDdH-MTyI5BmzkSCPOFl5MtQlMNJh39nrgfoEBWfxwC0-3QlG1ZmJ

For further clarification on the duties of the Okarir’maehr, refer to constitution linked as follows:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12yZYi43wh98JUkEcywJwepU8oebtD-ChcwDhsEUzbG8/edit#heading=h.y86lyqk3mioh

Spoiler

OOC notice: The thread will be open for 48 hours before elections for the position officially open. Responses to this post should be limited to SPEECHES for nominations or questions for candidates, with text preceded by your character posed for roleplay immersion. Use https://minecraft.novaskin.me/ to pose your skin

CN1ETV1.png

Elahern Aeth’sulier would step forward nominating himself

”I would like to nominate myself for this position.” he paused a bit “I know this might be unexpected to hear from me. However I have served this city for many years and it was time for another okarir’tir. I have faith in my successor on that. So I decided to focuss more on the precious knowledge of us Mali’thill. I have spended hours and hours in the Eternal library and attended several classes in the Eternal college. I am well skilled with  paperwork so this will be good for me. I am bursting of ideas to proper educate all citizens. This includes things as knowledge battles, educating citizens towards proper jobs, and most importantly securing our knowledge. The Eternal library is even seen as a holy place by some, and so must be protected till the end. What happened last time with the stolen books shall not happen again. I have served as okarir’tir before and so have experience on security, this knowledge I will use in my job as okarir’maehr. 

After this Elahern would stepped back again awaiting for a opponent to step forward. 

image.thumb.png.95e3bf3849bd5ea68e4bd95da2a386ad.png

“Truly, I believe Olrin Maehr’tehral would be the best candidate for this position. He was brave enough to challenge the former Okarir’indor, seen in this missive,” 

She’d say, holding it aloft for all to see.

Spoiler

”He has proven himself as a knowledgeable ‘thill, in my opinions. His dedication and drive to see the future of the library thrive and the college, by extent, is applaudable. It’s admirable, even!”

download_1.png 

”Dearest Mali’thill,” Olrin came to a rise, nodding to Dele kindly as she concluded. ”While in the past, the precious knowledge we have so deeply cherished has constantly eluded us, locked behind fantastical notions which continued to rob the public of their most sacred birthright. This unfortunate closure and absurdly restrictive laws of the Library have led many mali’thill to be starved of the knowledge their hearts and minds so desperately crave, and I most certainly refuse allow it any further! As Okarir’maehr, I would ensure it that knowledge will indeed be at the forefront of all our operations, and that progress would dare not be impeded as we enter an age of intellectual prosperity which brings all other facets of descendant knowledge to a pale!” The ‘thill then sat himself down, concluding himself as he awaited further candidates.

AEROTH.png

A low volume “Hmm..” would be made by Aeron Valaker as he ponders the words of the thill around him, his eyebrows furrow in thought before he states. “I do not hesitate, to believe that Olrin would make an ayla candidate thus I shall support him, unless another candidate shows themselves who can rival he, as-. .” He’d trail off as he adjusts his posture, which would take longer than usual due to a cane that he seemed to be putting a good amount of weight on.

Would elaborate flourishing a small book that he held in his free hand as if it where a holy symbol; “Knowledge and the written word is truly one of the staples of Mali’Thilln life, to rob us of it is truly the greatest of injustices possible. As how can not allowing your own citizens of thill to view the truly expansive collection of literature that our great city of Silver managed to collect over many of centuries be a logical idea! It is truly the most egregious of crime that the past leadership of Healun’or committed as the Eternal Library is truly a pillar of maehr’sae hiylun’ehya.Aeron’s thin features slowly shifted to a small faint smile, as he nods happy to have spoken his mind. He’d slowly meander off to find a seat.

An old elf returns to the city. Trembling hands, now still. Shivering legs, now sturdy. A tired face, now determined. As the bearded father of the serpent family enters the citadel, he spreads his arms wide, and walks up to the podium. His voice sounds clearer, crisper than a few elven days ago.

xJonKPdl.png

My dearest citizens. Brethren, sisters, lliran. I took a small excursion to take care of some business, and I have returned to find elcihi has once again undergone a political revolution. A system of elections, where the voice of the people shall once again determine which mali’thill is most fit to guide elHaelun’or to a better future. A system very similar to the one we had in Anthos, during the days of Lin’evaral. A system… I very much agree with. But I digress…

It shall not come as much of a surprise that I, Silvos Sythaerin, hereby nominate myself for the position of Okarir’maehr as well. As the eldest pursuer of progress our society knows, I can assure you I am the most fit for the position. I shall run through the positions systematically, presenting to you why it would be in elMaehr’sae Hiylun’ehya’s best interest to once again allow me to fill this tough, yet incredibly rewarding seat on the council.

Deanship of the College
As one who hosts a class himself, and has attended all hosted classes in the past, it can be concluded I am one who greatly supports the College. Being one of the oldest, most knowledgeable Elves on varying subjects due to my history of working within the laboratories,  as well as constructing and reorganizing the libraries in centuries long past, it is only logical I would oversee the distribution of knowledge within our Blessed city. I hope to be able to inspire its students to expand their knowledge up to the point where they shall be able to create knowledge themselves, as I have done in the past.

Overseer of the Tilruir’Indor
Having worked closely with the Eternal Librarian miss Lelien Lazul herself in the past for decades, it is evident overseeing the inner workings of the library and cooperating with a colleague of high intellect and love for our extensive archives of knowledge fits right in with my interests. I am certain, if I am elected, I shall greatly enjoy finding a fitting tilruir to entrust with this incredibly rewarding task.

Maester of the Laboratories
After my recent appointment to once again fill the reworked position of Okarir’tayna, I have immediately taken action. Using my telekinetic art, the revival of the Eternal Laboratories was made a reality. I am saddened by, and sorry for, my absence during this turmoil causing them to go unused so far, yet I can ensure you that whether I am elected or not, I shall keep the promises I made upon their opening. I shall guide the progress, I shall accommodate the research, I shall keep you safe.

Maintenance of the Campus
As a teacher, explorer and scientist, I know all too well the importance of proper supplies and facilities. I shall pay out of my own pockets should it become necessary for the College to continue to educate and facilitate progress in an efficient and desirable manner!

Advice and enrollment
As one who does not hesitate to share advice with any and all around, and as one that has attained so much of it in the past by great peers I used to walk among, such as my dearest lliran’paronn Lucion and Kalenz, I shall be open to oversee all citizens who wish to learn, and guide them to a path of enlightenment that fits both their desires and potential.

Supervision of Professors
If I am elected, I shall be hosting interviews for all those that are convinced they have knowledge to offer on various subjects. As I have done in the past, I shall continue to attend each lecture from the balcony in my high chair, to ensure the quality of their classes and instructions. I shall be their guide.

Lastly, my lliran, I feel there is one more thing I must address: My age. I am certain there are those among you that lack faith in my health, be it physical or mental, potentially influencing the quality of my work. To those, I announce: Worry not. The excursion I took these last few days have taken care of many of my ailments, restoring me to a state healthy enough for me to give you all this entire speech without so much as a cough or a tremble.

Now, it is time for progress once more. For wisdom to be gained, distributed, and safeguarded. Here, the choice is yours, lliran. Will you vote for one who can only promise, or vote for one who has already proven his competence and wisdom in the past? The one promise I shall give you:

As I have done before, so shall I do once more.
Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya!

With that, the old elf takes a bow, and steps away from the podium, nodding gracefully to his competitors.

OCXiV5B.png

Kaelan Aldin, now with weary and tiresome eyes from the debates across the board merely clenched his fist, banging it on the table in support of Olrin Maehr’tehral 

image.thumb.png.8b86b625848044d51227844deae6195f.png
Would stand up, with a too-loud cough to draw the attention turning has gaze towards Mister Sythaerin

I know you would be more than capable of holding the laboratories, as you have proven already. But overseeing a bigger amount of our institutions will be needing a lot more effort, time, and above all an excellent health. If you say your trip has done you good, so I will believe, however, we can not assure this will not happen again, maybe even worse then it has been now. Running the entirety of our knowledgable institutions will be a heavy burden to carry. You are a very capable person, however, your age and health do not cooperate. I would advise you to go for tilruir, also a very honourable job. If I will be elected I will gratefully offer you such job. In such case, you can take time off now and then, what wouldn't be possible as okarir’maehr. 

The elf would take a brief pause, using the time to drink some beet juice. Then he would take another step forward looking over the citizen who came to see the debate.

Of course, I also have my ideas for the various institutions falling under the position of oakrir’maehr. Firstly I see security as a major issue. And so I will be more strict on foreign visitors. For the Eternal college, I have big plans, together with the okarir’hiylun I will seek to use the piece of kharajyr to build an actual campus. Buildings for students to work and live. Books and teaching materials carefully selected of the Eternal Library used to educate the people. This campus will be accessible by not only Haelun’orians but also of others that show interest. This institution can be used to also educate outsiders before they integrate into our society they spend a certain time on campus. 

i15BZlK.png

Silvos, having taken a seat within the crowd again, lifts himself up in order to make a rebuttal. He sighs, before speaking toward Elahern.

As I mentioned within my speech, I can assure you a suitable and lasting remedy has been found to subdue the results of my age. To dismiss my preemptive addressing of this aspect of my wellbeing is a tad redundant, in my opinion.

He straightens his coat, alternating his gaze between Elahern and the crowd.

As for your additional statements, I feel I must point out the slight contradiction in your intentions. Allowing those from other nations to also enroll in the college, whilst at the same time wishing to resolve the security risks these outsiders have caused in the past merely seems like creating more work for little benefit. After all, should we not focus more on keeping our own citizens educated, allowing teachers to spend more time with students in private sessions instead of having them waste time explaining concepts to foreigners who are presumably far behind on the knowledge our citizens will have grown up with?
In times like these, where we are only now coming out of a long period of internal strife, I firmly believe we should focus first on regaining proper structure for our own citizens to share their knowledge, rather than waste it on lessers and potential impures.

Lastly, I would like to address your plans about constructing a campus. This coincides with my statement about not needing to open up the college to outsiders: Is the entire city not our campus? Why construct dormatories for those studying at the college, provided they live mere minutes of walking away? Why construct working areas when the college already has a study, and the citizens have access to laboratories and an expansive library with plentiful reading areas as well?

With that, Silvos walks back to his chair, and takes a seat once more.

image.thumb.png.8b86b625848044d51227844deae6195f.png

Elahern would await till mister Sythaerin was finished, then he would stood up, looked at Silvos and started his reaction speech. 

You state that it would be more work for little benefit. If we assume this as true, then I believe we should put our effort into it. Because any form of progress is morely appriciated and good. The workload should not be a concern in this, all that matters is the results. If we can turn this into little benefit, then I would go for it. The Aeth’sulier would take a brief pause, using the moment for a quiq scan around the room. Then back to my points, I said that security is a major issue. And so it is, however Mister Sythaerin does not seem to get my full point, so I will explain it some more. 

For the Eternal Library I want to impove security measures by a much stricter controlling of keys. Only allowing the worthy ones in, and keep the lessers out. Impures never where even considered in, as they also would not be considered inside our blessed Bastillion. So I am uncertain why you brought those up. 

For the Eternal College I plan to use high quality books to teach our citizens, college on a high educational level. In this classes non-citizens are not tolerated. 

For the Campus I plan to use the former Kharajyr lands for educational purposes. Which include the housing and schooling of non-citizens before entering the Silver State. They would be obligated to spend a certain amount of time at this Campus, learning abour our culture, language and standards before entering society. The books they use I will select from the Eternal library,  however the information of those books will be a bit more simple then what our citizens recieve as education. 

Then finally on your point of the entire city being our campus, ti you might be right in that. However not for non-citizens. And so those will be placed in the Campus outside the city, studying our culture before gaining access to the city. My plan of constructing this campus is a rather big ambitious project I must admit. However it will bring great benefit to our blessed bastillion, spreading name across the realm even more. Our diplomacy with for example Heanse can go up, by educating their citizens on our culture. Our city will not only be famous by our Eternal Library, but also because of our major educational institutions. And above all we will not face uneducated lessers in our walls again. All beings being in our walls, firstly studied our laws and culture before gaining entry. Which will also be beneficial to elsillumiran. As gate policies could be to enroll in this campus. As I must state, this is a hudge project, falling under almost all councillors. And so I will discuss the matter with the other councilors, when they have been elected. 

After his speech the elf would sit back once more. Seemingly statisfied with his reply. 

2sB4LPB.png

The old elf sighs once more, before shrugging. Only briefly standing up, he offers a final response.

It becomes evident then this is the topic that shall denote our difference. To enjoy our greatness, regardless of the opinions of mere lessers, and focus on pursuing progress within elcihi. Or to spread our knowledge with them, spending time and resources on their education, instead of on things such as research and self-improvement. I look forward to finding out which you shall prefer, lliran.