Sign in to follow this  
Archipelego

Mortal Incongruence Examination Society

[!] The following can be found on bulletin boards & other places of advertisement in cities such as Haense, Kaedrin, Helena, & more.

M.I.E.S.

Mortal Incongruence Examination Society

To investigate, record, and preserve the memories and accounts of mortal man. To explain and formulate the inexplicable. To capture the ethereal essence of the impossible and the poorly misunderstood into clear and concise systems. These are the aims, the goals, of the Mortal Incongruence Examination Society, MIES for short. The world as we know it is filled to bursting with strange and inexplicable phenomena, many beyond the scope of mortal man to understand on their own. Through history, folktale, and myth, man has attempted to understand and categorize these things. Such attempts have failed. Without the unyielding structure of organization, of organized archives and recordings, such attempts have become as obscure as the phenomena they attempted to explain.

It is only through persistence and reliance on the cold blade’s edge of reality that the fact can be sifted from the fiction, the veil of mystery can be cast away, and the quicksilver essence of legend captured onto paper. Much as mortal man builds cities to keep the beasts of the night out, we shall construct an empire of parchment and quill to give structure to the unorderly. To harness and saddle the wild beast that is mythos into a domesticated form. The first step in this process is through a simple analysis and recording through the experiences and eyes of the people of the realm, giving some sort of solid backbone for that which is inexplicable.

It is this that MIES seeks to do. Our proverbial doors are open to any and all visitors who may wish to confess any otherworldly encounters they may have had. The paranormal, the anomalous, the impossible & the incomprehensible. To the best of your ability you may recount it, and to the best of our ability we will record it and store it within the MIES Archive. The Archive will serve as the backbone of our organization, a collection of the realm’s unsolved puzzles and unexplained occurrences. The hope is that, eventually, patterns can be drawn through the ages and tales told and man can begin to make sense of the dark night we find ourselves in.

We have no location, as of the moment. Indeed, we have no members either, besides myself and my endless well of optimism. I do intend to acquire a premises, however, as well as garner supporters for this great endeavour. Should you have interest in sharing, confessing, any anomalous encounter you have experienced, feel free to send me a letter. Should you be interested in employment at our organization or in offering us a location, feel free to do the same. Additionally, I can often be found within the taverns of Helena, Haense, or Kaedrin as a simple traveller.

Ut a chao.

- Nicholas,

Head Curator

Spoiler

PSA

You can leave a comment in the form of a letter, PM me on the forums in the form of a letter, PM me on discord in the form of a letter, send me a letter in game, find me in game, et cetera. I don’t have a preferred method.

A meek and moderate barkeep squints at the missive in the dim torchlight with three fingers drumming erratically on her knee. She reads it for a long beat before springing to a stand, making her way behind the bar to an unlit closet and stows the paper away between the pages of an empty journal; the umber-skinned woman mumbles to herself, “I wonder if they pay.”

A woman takes a moment to read over the missive, pausing in her usual work, “Could be worth seeing about.”

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this