[PK Post] A Baker's End

Althea

Spoiler

The song that I thought went well with the pk post! 

ALMOST LOVER Karaoke Instrumental - YouTube

Althea Frostfire

Born in 1753 FA

Human Female

5’3” tall

Althea was a woman  that slowly grew old, her hair was an ever present factor. She had an ever present motherly aura to herself, coming from years of helping children grow up. Her will to protect her family was stronger after her husband had passed, she felt the need to keep them as close as can be. She was also a massive alcoholic, spending her money on alcohol more than food at times. Like her mother and her mother before her, Althea had a love for making foods. More so the delicate sweets and treats of deserts. It was the last thing she did.

Photos & References of Althea

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

The day of 18th of Sun's Smile was like any other for the old woman living above her favorite store. The birds started chirping signalling for her to awaken and get a move on while the sun was just rising. But all Althea did was lay there, staring at the ceiling in recollection as she thought about her past.  

She did not come from a rich family, most of her family dated as far back as she knew were farmers and bakers. Her childhood had been full of fun as well as hardships. Learning to farm the massive fields while also cooking with her mother. Althea had always hoped to have a child to take care of like her mom took care of her. It was what set her off to take care of each child she saw. When Althea had first moved out of her parents home she set her sights on Haense, hearing of Carrion Black from a few alcoholics. She had been very lucky to have bumped into someone as she was soon to enter the gates. A man in a cowboy hat and southern drawl greeted her, and invited her into his home for supper while talking about her plans. She had enjoyed the conversation as much as she enjoyed the food, waving a goodbye to him once the dinner was over. Walking to the tavern she read the ‘For Hire’ sign, seeing it as a good first job in the new city. After talking with the owner she had landed the job. For the next few months Althea mostly just worked, seeking no social life as it came from talking with the customers. She had come to know her co-workers, Forrest was the name of the cowboy she had met her first night. To her he was her brother, she enjoyed his company and even more when he played his guitar. Althea felt blessed to know the man, and even more blessed when she first met her husband. It was a night she would remember, Ser Ruben and a group of men all came into the tavern gathering around the fire. Althea had watched them with interest as they ordered drinks and got terribly drunk. She had to hold back a snicker of amusement as they all dared the tallest to do something. Soon the giant of a man with blonde hair and beard with striking cold blue eyes came over to the counter. He had ordered a drink or maybe he was boasting his drinking skills to her, in which case Althea came back to say she could handle her drinks just as well and maybe even better. Those words are what sent the two on a date near the wick woods, a small picnic near the rivers edge. After that date and a few more they got together, going out on dates when their schedules let them. After a few years of dating, Darien had taken Althea out onto the lake. The moon shone brightly in the dark night sky. As they drew closer to the center of the lake Darien stopped the boat, getting down on one knee and producing a ring. ”Althea Tozzer, since I first laid my eyes on you I have loved you. Ever since we have started dating I have seen myself become a new man.” He paused taking a breath, I wish for us to grow old together, so would you marry me?”  Althea had tears falling down her eyes as she said yes, the next few moments and days being a hazy blur of moving into his house.

Althea blinked a few times as the hustle and bustle of the city grew louder as the sun reached a higher point in the sky. “Darien you idiot, we were supposed to grow old together…”  The old woman gave a sore laugh, shifting to the edge of her bed. Althea reached out for her cane, using it's support to move down from her loft. As she reached  the landing she looked at the ledger she kept, a small smile on her face. Slowly she made her way over to it, writing her final entry and closing the book. 

The day went by as she had given out all the cakes she baked in the last week, finding joy in the smiles she received back. Althea hobbled her way to the square, having the final cake in her hand. She smiled when she spotted the young Vyronov gazing at the stars above. Once she made it to him, she slowly placed the cake next to him as to not disturb him from the sky. A smile was placed on her face when the boy came back to look around him, noticing the box. Her warm smile didn't leave her as she started to chat with both Stefan and Franz. But soon it fell as her hand had covered her mouth with a cough. Blood was splattered onto her hand, a reoccurring sight for the elderly woman. Althea frowned at the blood, placing her bloodied hand under her other to hide it from the child near her. Though the sight would get worse as Althea started to cough harder, more blood pouring out of her mouth. The few around her went to her aid as she dropped her cane, leaving it on the ground in favor of holding the Lorraine cross around her neck. The woman wheezed and gasped for air as she fell to the floor, even with the help she received.  Althea looked up to the sky with blurred vision, the hold on the cross decreased as she wheezed out her finale sentence.

"D-darien I'm coming love..."  She whispered to the sky as she passed.

Spoiler

I really loved playing Althea in her prime and as she grew older. I am very VERY thankful for everyone who has ever interacted with me, even if it was just for a drink. This was the character I applied on, and I would have played her for a full year if I kept her alive till June/July. 

Thank you Haense for being my home and the best community that I have been in. You are all like an extended family and I can't wait to see what happens with my other characters! I love you all so please have a good night/day/afternoon!

Maela Napier clutched at her husbands chest, sobbing at the loss of her mother and confused toddlers tugging at their clothing, pleading and asking what had happened. Shaking, the womans gaze dropped to her small children, smiling weakly even in the face of such despair. @Althea

As Johan would walk towards his home in Providence he`d stop by his mail box. entering his home he`d start opening the letter thinking it might just bear news from Haense. Though as he`d start reading the letter entering his fire place he`d suddenly lose his footing falling towards the floor as he read of the passing of Althea. the large man now at his knees would look towards the letter with a slight tear falling from his eyes as he`d look at the fire "How can it be that I have outlived you both..." he`d shake his head reminiscing of the past and his nephew Darien and his wife.. "I must talk to Maela..." he`d raise to his feet reading his carriage outside of his house. first going to meet with Maela Napier before riding towards Haense to collect the body.

@Althea @tadabug2000

A young elven Wick swirled around a glass of whiskey, thoughts on a woman who once treated him and his best friend as if they were her own.

Darien Frostfire  glanced down from the sky. A warm smile on his face as he saw his soulmate ascendes to the skies to be by his side. "well well well. Took you long Honey." he chuckled saying that as he grabbed her hand pulling her into his chest embracing her.

6 minutes ago, Diaolos_ said:

Darien Frostfire  glanced down from the sky. A warm smile on his face as he saw his soulmate ascendes to the skies to be by his side. "well well well. Took you long Honey." he chuckled saying that as he grabbed her hand pulling her into his chest embracing her.

Althea rolled her eyes, "Well I was raising our child, and taking care of a few more." She held him close, as to make sure the idiot didn't go die a second time.

Two cakes rest on a table in a modest home. One is untouched with hardened icing and a wilted cherry. The other is missing a thin slice, revealing a yellow inside that is slowly turning stale. Corann paces about the room, opening and closing shelves, alternating between walking towards the table and hurriedly walking away. 

He tries to keep himself busy, but his breath hitches every time he catches sight of the cakes.  

Memories of a kind baker and cheerful drinker...