Free the Fathers

Spoiler

FREE HIM. HE AIN'T DO NOTHIN' WRONG.

[!] Letters are sent among the citizens of Providence with the seal of the Metropolitan at their head [!]

5bbOPzKHcaOkVNRZVC2SODbSq3uP026SzBl02-qYV-4e23LTKKMqFI6dACbEvlJcIqfNypg0Axo4jcGoQ1jwcygTAct8iCkHAYbHYrN5thRBYEiHNGjLmpxLNULIHO1ykX9BuguM

Free the Fathers

13th of Owyn’s Flame 14 SA

xZNY1t92XTaKNxkRqCaDCXp7hYJXZRqL8T8LJv4LUYxyldlQ4GlxIfX0X-6J6tVLf32aCIjkm5Ri3IVR4hn6hw1l45NZba77NWrCnhK8fT00VhzH0SdNSi9_RERmO2LEMSJo3qf_

My Saviors,

GOD bless you all! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 

I speak to you not from a prison cell… deep in the bowels of the city. I speak to you from my office within Our Cathedral of Providence. I speak to you as a free man. I thank you for coming to our defense, lifting your voices to exclaim, “Free the Fathers!”

I grieve with you that good holy men such as Father Hernando and Father Basil were sent into solitary condiment and arranged as prisoners due to misunderstandings. Thanks to your voices lifted to the Skies, you freed us!

Now- let me explain why we were imprisoned.

As a faithful Priest it is my duty to tend to the needs of my parish. In that I am a Bishop and even a Metropolitan my humble parish is the entire city and more. After a long day of running around I was told to make my way into the Cathedral. There, I came across a man who was possessed- a Doctor named Adam. Faithful as ever, I looked him over and determined that he needed the Ritual of Abjuration - a sacred ritual used to banish forces of evil from the bodies of True Believers.

As such, I gathered a few priests: Basil and Hernando- and led them to the Pontifical Apartments to perform the ritual. Somewhere along the way- a troop of  the Imperial State Army found themselves within the pontifical apartments. For most of the ceremony they moved about and did not intervene, only watching patiently. As I moved about chanting and tossing gold powder about I noticed that the powder did not seem to work so well on the posessed, instead it had a profound effect on a certain Captain Viktoriya within the ISA. Furthermore, as I  moved to place my crozier on her head and sign the cross, she swatted it away- a most curious thing. 

As the ritual advanced, the Ghost began to speak, debating me in front of all who gathered there. In the case of possession, there are only two ways to get a ghost to leave one's presence. The first: for that person to die. The second: to convince the ghost to leave. After all, ghosts are oftentimes not demonic entities which are formed through some daemonic processes. Instead, they are souls just as you and I who are able to be reasoned with or even fooled. In a bit of trickery, I made it a point to fool the ghost that the man was dead. To do so, I had first made sure that the spirit had left the room. After a short while of securing this truth, I went over to the possessesed man and whispered to him while Father Basil and Hernando blocked the view of all gathered there. I whispered to Adam and told him that he must cooperate with me in fooling the ghost, in tricking him that he had died in order for him to subside. Before this, I had convinced the ghost that the man would die through his torment- a truth which pained him as he described the Doctor as an "innocent man" and was deeply offended when it was mentioned that he might be put to death.

All that aside, Adam cooperated. In his eyes, a look of hope rested as I whispered to him, telling him to fake falling asleep. The Doctor thus played the part and it was believed by the ISA that the Priests and I were murderers. It was our hope that the Ghost would subsite -and- it appeared that he did. I have not heard from him since. Because we were believed to have killed the Doctor we were put in the Prison. I only expected to stay within the cell for an hour at most. Yet, we were sent down there for well over a day. In a strange turn of events... the body of the Doctor was found with his throat slit. Then, shortly after the body disappeared while in ISA custody.

While we continue to wonder what exactly transpired to cause a man who only feigned death to have his throat slit and his body disappear- I invite you all to pray with me this solemn supplication for his soul:

Prayer for the Possessed

O Lord, liberator of the captive and the condemned,

Send down Thine Holy Light in the face of one who feels distant from thy loving embrace,

Send down Thy Holy Power of benediction to visit and heal their soul,

Redeem their flesh,

Restore in them a new and right spirit,

Free them o' Lord.

Amen.

xZNY1t92XTaKNxkRqCaDCXp7hYJXZRqL8T8LJv4LUYxyldlQ4GlxIfX0X-6J6tVLf32aCIjkm5Ri3IVR4hn6hw1l45NZba77NWrCnhK8fT00VhzH0SdNSi9_RERmO2LEMSJo3qf_

Your Servant,

Bram  

j3aG6av-W8mlwGPIfjmFeAI-R_yxvhZf0fKQz5V_bAseh4WQ5YQSvRxMtABhXVJtfZl58DElbMyXD4GWpfMyDONjNS5HPntI1hGSHlz57WT4UP38tT3rHhqXqQbJROljFI7vCX_x 

MISERICORDES SICUT PATER

MERCIFUL LIKE THE FATHER

A bird would Chirp for the entrance of a cave holding a newspaper from providence. Hieromonk Vladrick would open his eye and turn to the glowing sunlight from the outside of the cave. Slowly standing up from his knees he’s walk to the bird pickings the paper from its claws. Upon reading this missive he’d sigh looking back at his hermitage before returning his gaze to the bird “It is time for I to return to providence, there seems to be more trouble afoot....it appears Pader Basil was right about the ISA men. I shall begin my trek back” he’d say to the bird before quickly blowing out his candles and gathering his books. Grabbing his cane and sack the hieromonk began is long hike to the imperial city

Spoiler

Rather strange when the body was explicitly never found, and disappeared from ISA custody. And per my most recent forum post, now resides within the Clinic, beheaded and with a vast array of wounds and mutilation. 

I would ask that you refrain from the continuous metagaming. It was kind of funny when it was in the church and there were no less than like, 5 aurum tests done, and even funnier in the one house when aurum dust was being thrown everywhere, and everyone was being aurum tested, but it's not really that funny when you're extending it to one of my friends with absolutely no IRP evidence to your claims, as said evidence either does not exist any longer or has been actively tampered with. 

You're welcome for what I hoped to be semi-engaging RP, even if the RP myself and @rukio received in turn was lackluster and rather bland in comparison, and I do hope the activity generated by the event made things worth it to you. I try hard to give people a fun time on my Poltergeist, given that I use it almost exclusively to drive church RP when possible; an example being with the darling @GoldWolf, who I had a lovely debate with inside the Providence Basilica before we were interrupted, and parted ways peacefully. Or even the Haunt I ran in Haense for what was, at the time, the Palatinate Guard of the Order of All-Saints, wherein a whopping 10 days of consistent events were run before they 'vanquished' the Haunt, and won the day. Though, it becomes rather disheartening when what I receive in turn for attempting to provide solid character development with no injury or relative hostility involved oftentimes turns into bland and frankly uninteresting RP, wherein I am forced to do relatively little or have a bottle of aurum dust tossed in the vague direction of my Poltergeist in aims to reveal it. 

I would say that there's more than a few lessons you could learn in regards to what one might define as 'compelling protag rp,' wherein you yourself might provide equal levels of commitment and respect in the interactions you have with antag personas. 

10 hours ago, altiar1011 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Rather strange when the body was explicitly never found, and disappeared from ISA custody. And per my most recent forum post, now resides within the Clinic, beheaded and with a vast array of wounds and mutilation. 

I would ask that you refrain from the continuous metagaming. It was kind of funny when it was in the church and there were no less than like, 5 aurum tests done, and even funnier in the one house when aurum dust was being thrown everywhere, and everyone was being aurum tested, but it's not really that funny when you're extending it to one of my friends with absolutely no IRP evidence to your claims, as said evidence either does not exist any longer or has been actively tampered with. 

You're welcome for what I hoped to be semi-engaging RP, even if the RP myself and @rukio received in turn was lackluster and rather bland in comparison, and I do hope the activity generated by the event made things worth it to you. I try hard to give people a fun time on my Poltergeist, given that I use it almost exclusively to drive church RP when possible; an example being with the darling @GoldWolf, who I had a lovely debate with inside the Providence Basilica before we were interrupted, and parted ways peacefully. Or even the Haunt I ran in Haense for what was, at the time, the Palatinate Guard of the Order of All-Saints, wherein a whopping 10 days of consistent events were run before they 'vanquished' the Haunt, and won the day. Though, it becomes rather disheartening when what I receive in turn for attempting to provide solid character development with no injury or relative hostility involved oftentimes turns into bland and frankly uninteresting RP, wherein I am forced to do relatively little or have a bottle of aurum dust tossed in the vague direction of my Poltergeist in aims to reveal it. 

I would say that there's more than a few lessons you could learn in regards to what one might define as 'compelling protag rp,' wherein you yourself might provide equal levels of commitment and respect in the interactions you have with antag personas. 

Spoiler

I am unsure, hours after the whole debacle has ended, you now accuse of metagaming you, altair. If you believe we were metagaming the possession from the start then you should have contacted a moderator there and instead of letting the whole rp scenario play out and conclude simply to have enough evidence to make a ban report. Let me start of by stating what happened. I entered the Basilica and saw Rukio, Harald and altair. I messaged both altiar1011 and harald if they were visible, this was so that I would not rp seeing them if they were not visible, a simply question for the sake of rp. Harald told me that he was visible but altair immediately seemed hostile and said this.

[ReveredOwl -> altiar1011] visible?

[CHAT] [altiar1011 -> ReveredOwl] nope, and before you *****, I'm possessing the human so I can cross the damn line.

[CHAT] [ReveredOwl -> altiar1011] no i was just wondering what was happening

So immediately from the start it seemed that altair would be hostile ooc’ly towards us, despite this I continued the rp. Harald’s character warned me that something was not right and that the man seemed sick. My character was not spooked by harald spectral entity as most of the church already know him as a good apparition. I remained there after Harald had left and rukio emoted several times that would highly indicate that he would be possessed, to a priest at least. I yelled for somebody to get the ISA and when they returned he seemed normal again. Though I wished to test him with both aurum and holy oil, these provided no response. Hallowmas then came and did the same but concluded that based on my account, a full ritual of abjuration would be necessary. Yes we performed several aurum tests but from the event in karosgrad and several incidents in the past, we are beginning to learn that aurum has become less effective against possessed people and are more used for direct contact. So to rukio and altair who claim we metagamed the possession, let me show the logs that rukio emoted that would indicate that he was possessed. Added to the fact that he was speaking fluent flexio, which most people can not do.

[CHAT] Adam Shelley's eyes would shimmer in the faint candle glow. Eerily, his head would turn until his chin rested upon his shoulder, a mirthful in the most sinister of ways smile gracing his scabbed over lips. 

[CHAT] [!] Indeed, that ghoulish, wraith-like countenance of the fairest doctor in all the realms would flash a grin most cheshire, teeth slick with blackened ichor of abyssal ilk. His eyes, indeed, would fill with an inky darkness for but the briefest of moments; unending pits, reflecting the wickedness that lay within the hearts of those bearing Horen's lineage.

[CHAT] Adam Shelley thusly skips forth to Basil, genuflucting at the man's feet as cold, clammy hands seek to grasp the Father's within their boney grasp. “I beseech you, do not flee! For we are two sides of the same coin, flesh and soul, flesh and soul.” He'd speak as though in prayer, some froth forming at his dried lips, left eye twitching.

[CHAT] [!] Basil would feel an aura of idle malevolence emanating about the man, a horrific feeling that demanded fear and fealty to the begotten children of the LORD.

This is what led my character to conclude that he had become possessed and that whatever possessed him was making him act normal when the ISA came to prevent being discovered. So we took him to the chapel in the papal residence and the ISA lockpick the door to get inside also. We begin the ritual and hallowmas began throwing aurum dust around the room and spoke in prayer. Whilst this was happening things began to get thrown at hallowmas from the poltergeist like the lanterns, the rugs and it even almost caused the chandelier to fall. It was clear to everyone that some evil spirit was there so I am unsure why you are claiming this was metagaming. Furthermore if you state that when the ISA arrived you were not possessing rukio then how did you cross the aurum line to leave with us to the papal residence. 

Hallowmas advised rukio’s character to pretend to be dead to fool the poltergeist to leave him. So we did, to the ISA and everyone present it appeared that hallowmas had killed rukio’s character. We were arrested and hauled into a cell and then rukio’s character was then killed by an unknown entity. We were accused of his murder by treesmoothie which immediately made us suspicious of them and the ISA as we did not kill him. I am not sure why you are now claiming that we broke the rules and are trying to lecture us on how bad we are at being a protag. Though I am most confused as I have just read over the redlines regarding poltergeists and subsequently found these.

- Aurum and other phantom weaknesses may forcibly expel the Poltergeist from whatever husk they inhabit. A Poltergeist cannot possess objects or aurum nor items enchanted with holy, arcane, shamanic, or mystic magic. 

- If a husk is destroyed whilst a poltergeist inhabits it, they will demanifest, effectively killed. 

- Husks such as Automatons, Golems, etc. cannot draw upon innate abilities such as sigils or overclocking when possessed.

- Cannot possess more than one object/individual at a time; and upon being forcibly expelled from a husk, the Poltergeist cannot possess another for up to three emotes..

This means that when aurum was placed against rukio’s character the poltergeist should have been expelled and in order to follow us out you would have had to cross the aurum line, which you can not do so I am confused as to how you got out. Furthermore when Hallowmas concluded that the poltergeist was not in the room and began throwing aurum dust in the hallway, he touched Treesmoothies character with the aurum also and since she reacted strangely to the whole situation as I detailed above. I find it very suspicious how after every emote he did of throwing aurum dust around the room, you always evaded and none mysteriously affected you, You did not rp moving you just mc’ly moved if he got near you. Neither of them reacted to the aurum which would have expelled you from them as clearly defined in the red lines. I have also seen your recent thread about how his body was mutilated and beheaded. Your thread states that this was your character and nobody else so I am also confused since there is a redline saying you can not use phantoms grasp to kill somebody.

- Phantom Grasp can never be used to kill an individual, at most leaving bruises, wounds, and scars.

If you did note kill him as your thread states then I believe you shouldn’t write as if it was you since it is impossible for you to do that. I appreciate you might have written this to hide that it might have been somebody else but there should be a clear distinction, was it your poltergeist or not. Since this is an rp thread as if it was happening in real time and not a poster or something written for display. 

Please do not try to discredit valid rp through claiming it was metagaming. This was all actions taken by our characters due to their beliefs. If you wish to be a protagonist then you should accept that eventually your character might face consequences and can not avoid them forever. Poltergeists can not interact in the way in which rukio’s body was found, I accept that this was probably not you but perhaps your thread should not be written that way.

1 hour ago, Basil Moroul said:
  Hide contents

I am unsure, hours after the whole debacle has ended, you now accuse of metagaming you, altair. If you believe we were metagaming the possession from the start then you should have contacted a moderator there and instead of letting the whole rp scenario play out and conclude simply to have enough evidence to make a ban report. Let me start of by stating what happened. I entered the Basilica and saw Rukio, Harald and altair. I messaged both altiar1011 and harald if they were visible, this was so that I would not rp seeing them if they were not visible, a simply question for the sake of rp. Harald told me that he was visible but altair immediately seemed hostile and said this.

[ReveredOwl -> altiar1011] visible?

[CHAT] [altiar1011 -> ReveredOwl] nope, and before you *****, I'm possessing the human so I can cross the damn line.

[CHAT] [ReveredOwl -> altiar1011] no i was just wondering what was happening

So immediately from the start it seemed that altair would be hostile ooc’ly towards us, despite this I continued the rp. Harald’s character warned me that something was not right and that the man seemed sick. My character was not spooked by harald spectral entity as most of the church already know him as a good apparition. I remained there after Harald had left and rukio emoted several times that would highly indicate that he would be possessed, to a priest at least. I yelled for somebody to get the ISA and when they returned he seemed normal again. Though I wished to test him with both aurum and holy oil, these provided no response. Hallowmas then came and did the same but concluded that based on my account, a full ritual of abjuration would be necessary. Yes we performed several aurum tests but from the event in karosgrad and several incidents in the past, we are beginning to learn that aurum has become less effective against possessed people and are more used for direct contact. So to rukio and altair who claim we metagamed the possession, let me show the logs that rukio emoted that would indicate that he was possessed. Added to the fact that he was speaking fluent flexio, which most people can not do.

[CHAT] Adam Shelley's eyes would shimmer in the faint candle glow. Eerily, his head would turn until his chin rested upon his shoulder, a mirthful in the most sinister of ways smile gracing his scabbed over lips. 

[CHAT] [!] Indeed, that ghoulish, wraith-like countenance of the fairest doctor in all the realms would flash a grin most cheshire, teeth slick with blackened ichor of abyssal ilk. His eyes, indeed, would fill with an inky darkness for but the briefest of moments; unending pits, reflecting the wickedness that lay within the hearts of those bearing Horen's lineage.

[CHAT] Adam Shelley thusly skips forth to Basil, genuflucting at the man's feet as cold, clammy hands seek to grasp the Father's within their boney grasp. “I beseech you, do not flee! For we are two sides of the same coin, flesh and soul, flesh and soul.” He'd speak as though in prayer, some froth forming at his dried lips, left eye twitching.

[CHAT] [!] Basil would feel an aura of idle malevolence emanating about the man, a horrific feeling that demanded fear and fealty to the begotten children of the LORD.

This is what led my character to conclude that he had become possessed and that whatever possessed him was making him act normal when the ISA came to prevent being discovered. So we took him to the chapel in the papal residence and the ISA lockpick the door to get inside also. We begin the ritual and hallowmas began throwing aurum dust around the room and spoke in prayer. Whilst this was happening things began to get thrown at hallowmas from the poltergeist like the lanterns, the rugs and it even almost caused the chandelier to fall. It was clear to everyone that some evil spirit was there so I am unsure why you are claiming this was metagaming. Furthermore if you state that when the ISA arrived you were not possessing rukio then how did you cross the aurum line to leave with us to the papal residence. 

Hallowmas advised rukio’s character to pretend to be dead to fool the poltergeist to leave him. So we did, to the ISA and everyone present it appeared that hallowmas had killed rukio’s character. We were arrested and hauled into a cell and then rukio’s character was then killed by an unknown entity. We were accused of his murder by treesmoothie which immediately made us suspicious of them and the ISA as we did not kill him. I am not sure why you are now claiming that we broke the rules and are trying to lecture us on how bad we are at being a protag. Though I am most confused as I have just read over the redlines regarding poltergeists and subsequently found these.

- Aurum and other phantom weaknesses may forcibly expel the Poltergeist from whatever husk they inhabit. A Poltergeist cannot possess objects or aurum nor items enchanted with holy, arcane, shamanic, or mystic magic. 

- If a husk is destroyed whilst a poltergeist inhabits it, they will demanifest, effectively killed. 

- Husks such as Automatons, Golems, etc. cannot draw upon innate abilities such as sigils or overclocking when possessed.

- Cannot possess more than one object/individual at a time; and upon being forcibly expelled from a husk, the Poltergeist cannot possess another for up to three emotes..

This means that when aurum was placed against rukio’s character the poltergeist should have been expelled and in order to follow us out you would have had to cross the aurum line, which you can not do so I am confused as to how you got out. Furthermore when Hallowmas concluded that the poltergeist was not in the room and began throwing aurum dust in the hallway, he touched Treesmoothies character with the aurum also and since she reacted strangely to the whole situation as I detailed above. I find it very suspicious how after every emote he did of throwing aurum dust around the room, you always evaded and none mysteriously affected you, You did not rp moving you just mc’ly moved if he got near you. Neither of them reacted to the aurum which would have expelled you from them as clearly defined in the red lines. I have also seen your recent thread about how his body was mutilated and beheaded. Your thread states that this was your character and nobody else so I am also confused since there is a redline saying you can not use phantoms grasp to kill somebody.

- Phantom Grasp can never be used to kill an individual, at most leaving bruises, wounds, and scars.

If you did note kill him as your thread states then I believe you shouldn’t write as if it was you since it is impossible for you to do that. I appreciate you might have written this to hide that it might have been somebody else but there should be a clear distinction, was it your poltergeist or not. Since this is an rp thread as if it was happening in real time and not a poster or something written for display. 

Please do not try to discredit valid rp through claiming it was metagaming. This was all actions taken by our characters due to their beliefs. If you wish to be a protagonist then you should accept that eventually your character might face consequences and can not avoid them forever. Poltergeists can not interact in the way in which rukio’s body was found, I accept that this was probably not you but perhaps your thread should not be written that way.

Spoiler

I don't blame Altiar for being hostile, there are a lot of accusations like that thrown at spook players. In fact, you guys also consistently kept shoving stuff in Tree's character's face, even after you were given a rational explanation of "Hey, I don't like stuff in my face." As well as constantly testing my character even after he had /no/ sign of possession and your original excuse for it was shaky and fail roleplay at best. 

Funnily enough, half of those emotes you cite as 'signs of possession' aren't even possession, it was literally just part of his ghoulish charm as a sickly person. As for his eyes you were so far away how is it beyond a reasonable doubt to your character that it wasn't a trick of the light? For the aura he was pretty horrifically ill looking, how did your character assume it was 'demonic' instead of just a general feeling of unease that he was experiencing from the sickly sweet breath, odd mannerisms, and close proximity to a very unnerving character. Also, for half of the time you interacted with him he was not, in fact, possessed (Also, you realize polters can hop in and out of bodies, right? Strangely, perhaps that is also why the aurum didn't do much!), but rather a zealous Canonist begging at your feet to understand his passion in life and how he doesn't differ from you that much.

Tree showed no signs of possession, etc when actually tested, just as I didn't. It was a rational explanation, just as Adam's explanation of prostrating himself in prayer, which, even Bram had admitted he had watched the boy doing. You even tried to rationalize the meta by using the excuse of him praying in flexio yet didn't call out Bram whose character was doing rituals and prayers in a language not known to any priest but his own. As for the celestial palace, both of you kept on going with sub-optimal RP and, to be clear, neither of you emoted all of your movements either so don't fault Altiar or anyone else there who did the same, unless you want me to believe you held the chandelier (too high to reach) in place from the ground height while also across the room.

As for the aurum line, the first keyword to that redline is 'may' the second is that there is no mention of aurum lines. I am not the first nor will I be the last to be possessed and carry a ghost over one. As for when you put the aurum to his flesh? Don't meta but it isn't really going to do much lol. And, as I said earlier, they can hop in and out of hosts with enough time. Also, maybe, just maybe that is also how his character followed to the residence. 

As for the 'redline' do you forget that lore also says they can manifest and kill? His manifested form is literally a big wolf. Poltergeists are able to kill while manifested. Also your RP was far from valid bro, I can't believe I humored it as much as I did with how desperately you tried to metagame altiar's character's existence. "Oh but I saw your eyes!" Yeah, from like 10 blocks away in a dimly lit part of the church. No one said people shouldn't have to face consequences, I PK'd 23 hours into playing the character because he was killed, but this roleplay literally does nothing but further prove why the spook community wants nothing to do with 90% of the server because most of you act exactly like this. To the point, in fact, at least one of you was treating it like an event, noteable by the fact he asked if my character was ET approved to be possessed. Spook and spook-like roleplayers aren't your own little personal events you get to poke at for four hours straight for no damn reason when your tests fail. Yet still, I don't care if you want to fake meta that my character is possessed when he potentially isn't or make me wait what felt like forever before you actually start the purge rp (I had to skip important rp I had planned for 7 pm to humor you guys because it took so long to get through lol). I also don't care about your meta on myself, its whatever and funny to me because he wasn't a spook. I care about the fact you're trying so hard, alongside the ISA, to meta on Tree. 

To the spook communities of lotc: I'm so sorry you guys have to deal w/ this on the daily when you try to add any small amount of interesting flair to roleplay communities. Shout out to the people who interacted with Adam in his brief life and enjoyed the conflict and strangeness to his persona, especially Feebis.

1 hour ago, rukio said:
  Hide contents

I don't blame Altiar for being hostile, there are a lot of accusations like that thrown at spook players. In fact, you guys also consistently kept shoving stuff in Tree's character's face, even after you were given a rational explanation of "Hey, I don't like stuff in my face." As well as constantly testing my character even after he had /no/ sign of possession and your original excuse for it was shaky and fail roleplay at best. 

Funnily enough, half of those emotes you cite as 'signs of possession' aren't even possession, it was literally just part of his ghoulish charm as a sickly person. As for his eyes you were so far away how is it beyond a reasonable doubt to your character that it wasn't a trick of the light? For the aura he was pretty horrifically ill looking, how did your character assume it was 'demonic' instead of just a general feeling of unease that he was experiencing from the sickly sweet breath, odd mannerisms, and close proximity to a very unnerving character. Also, for half of the time you interacted with him he was not, in fact, possessed (Also, you realize polters can hop in and out of bodies, right? Strangely, perhaps that is also why the aurum didn't do much!), but rather a zealous Canonist begging at your feet to understand his passion in life and how he doesn't differ from you that much.

Tree showed no signs of possession, etc when actually tested, just as I didn't. It was a rational explanation, just as Adam's explanation of prostrating himself in prayer, which, even Bram had admitted he had watched the boy doing. You even tried to rationalize the meta by using the excuse of him praying in flexio yet didn't call out Bram whose character was doing rituals and prayers in a language not known to any priest but his own. As for the celestial palace, both of you kept on going with sub-optimal RP and, to be clear, neither of you emoted all of your movements either so don't fault Altiar or anyone else there who did the same, unless you want me to believe you held the chandelier (too high to reach) in place from the ground height while also across the room.

As for the aurum line, the first keyword to that redline is 'may' the second is that there is no mention of aurum lines. I am not the first nor will I be the last to be possessed and carry a ghost over one. As for when you put the aurum to his flesh? Don't meta but it isn't really going to do much lol. And, as I said earlier, they can hop in and out of hosts with enough time. Also, maybe, just maybe that is also how his character followed to the residence. 

As for the 'redline' do you forget that lore also says they can manifest and kill? His manifested form is literally a big wolf. Poltergeists are able to kill while manifested. Also your RP was far from valid bro, I can't believe I humored it as much as I did with how desperately you tried to metagame altiar's character's existence. "Oh but I saw your eyes!" Yeah, from like 10 blocks away in a dimly lit part of the church. No one said people shouldn't have to face consequences, I PK'd 23 hours into playing the character because he was killed, but this roleplay literally does nothing but further prove why the spook community wants nothing to do with 90% of the server because most of you act exactly like this. To the point, in fact, at least one of you was treating it like an event, noteable by the fact he asked if my character was ET approved to be possessed. Spook and spook-like roleplayers aren't your own little personal events you get to poke at for four hours straight for no damn reason when your tests fail. Yet still, I don't care if you want to fake meta that my character is possessed when he potentially isn't or make me wait what felt like forever before you actually start the purge rp (I had to skip important rp I had planned for 7 pm to humor you guys because it took so long to get through lol). I also don't care about your meta on myself, its whatever and funny to me because he wasn't a spook. I care about the fact you're trying so hard, alongside the ISA, to meta on Tree. 

To the spook communities of lotc: I'm so sorry you guys have to deal w/ this on the daily when you try to add any small amount of interesting flair to roleplay communities. Shout out to the people who interacted with Adam in his brief life and enjoyed the conflict and strangeness to his persona, especially Feebis.

Spoiler

You are literally complaining because of the choices our characters made, the way your character acted and the emotes altiar did made me believe that your character was possessed. You can argue all you like about the 'well your character would do this and that', stop speaking for what my character would do and think. My character thought you were possessed, you all went along with the rp with no issues, only after when yourself or your fellow spooks might have to face consequences you start to screech meta. This is why I dislike spook rpers in general. You take actions and then when somebody might figure you out, you screech metagaming and bully them into submission. If you want to file a ban report then do so. Altiar constantly harassing church players on his poltergeist is not fun either, nor is his borderline powergame emotes, none of us find it enjoyable to constantly have to deal with it. You say spooks aren't personal events, and you are right, they aren't. Nobody ever said they were, but when one enters the basilica and possesses somebody then that becomes our rp, surely? You mention Hallowmas' character bram was speaking a foreign tongue nobody knows, you are wrong there. It is a language a few people knew, I admit, but it is an accepted language called High Flexio. This was achieved to him through an ST event so please do not speak about things you have no knowledge of. You asked me if I understood what he was saying, I didn't because my character has not learnt it or had the opportunity to. Your arguments are purely based on rp actions such as 'why didn't your character do this, why didn't he do that'. You have no proof of metagaming because we did not metagame. If you had read my response you would have seen that we are gradually becoming more aware that aurum has less of an affect, but we tried it anyway. My character thought yours was possessed and Bram agreed, based off what I told him. Your character agreed to the exorcism so stop trying to make it seem as if this was forced because it was not. Perhaps you should also re-read the logs of the event, I emoted moving out of the room to get a candle pole thing, something that we use to light candles on the tops of chandeliers, to jam it into place to stop it swinging. Stop fabricating what happened and stick to the facts. Now please stop trying to invalidate our valid rp because maybe it could have consequences for people involved. Not every time a spook is discovered is it metagaming, and this is not metagaming.

11 minutes ago, Basil Moroul said:
  Hide contents

You say spooks aren't personal events, and you are right, they aren't. Nobody ever said they were, but when one enters the basilica and possesses somebody then that becomes our rp, surely? You mention Hallowmas' character bram was speaking a foreign tongue nobody knows, you are wrong there. It is a language a few people knew, I admit, but it is an accepted language called High Flexio. This was achieved to him through an ST event so please do not speak about things you have no knowledge of. You asked me if I understood what he was saying, I didn't because my character has not learnt it or had the opportunity to.

Spoiler

6446f85997feceed6a0808c2b632aba7-png.jpg

Hey man. In DMs you said that you had no clue what or why he was saying stuff beyond 'ET stuff'. If its all a misunderstanding that's chill but a lot of my points, I feel, are still valid. I don't, however, feel that further conversations about this will bring anything conclusive. However, to reiterate as I said, I don't care about the RP I received that much. I rolled w/ the punches. I do, however, care about your treatment of Tree and the efforts to meta on her. Beyond this I am done replying have a fantastic day. 

Edited by rukio

11 minutes ago, rukio said:
  Hide contents

6446f85997feceed6a0808c2b632aba7-png.jpg

Hey man. In DMs you said that you had no clue what or why he was saying stuff beyond 'ET stuff'. And, again, as I said, I don't care about the RP I received that much. I rolled w/ the punches. I do, however, care about your treatment of Tree and the efforts to meta on her. Beyond this I am done replying have a fantastic day. 

Spoiler

Stop trying to make yourself a victim here. That screenshot shows nothing, you guys have called our valid rp, that took like 2 hours, 'fail rp' and 'sub-par rp'. We put a lot of rp into it and if you dislike our rp then I encourage you not to interact with us. I spoke to treesmoothie about this and I am unsure why are you speaking for them. As I said to altiar, as I'm sure he'll forward you screenshots of our conversation, that we never accused treesmoothie of anything. She reacted strangely, nobody else did, to the aurum dust and as we got closer to her the poltergeist started doing more things, it seemed. Anybody who initially refuses aurum tests we grow suspicious of, more so during an exorcism. Stop trying to invalidate our valid rp by screeching metagaming, we did not metagame. What is it you people are claiming that we metagamed? That she was possessed? I have explained that and ultimately nothing came of it anyway.  So please I encourage you to not clutter this thread further, trying to invalidate our proper and valid rp with nonsense and lies.

Also by the word 'event' you have taken this out of context, altiar knew what I meant and did not send the full conversation to you. What I meant was, rp that gathered a crowd and commotion. But as usual you take things out of context.

Edited by Basil Moroul