Treaty of the Eastern Flame

AstriaS

Bq7ZRjogVPizPGCe5b6qT712NWF40asLMm8gq-z65y0QsibV4XNCF9C84LOoXcYLkIWxzeeVEfx_Lk4HXwgMuu2OgwF1OL7oLuJdPJe6DHP8i_tU49eJuQhn5KUqrKzYIsQ2PsDfngRfTCD5rl95cvpnlNV4L2_JxB6ImMBAVQBrS29bFqCvvgGfH-QynJufAsgxJoTrOz_zB4pzr54NGfPTkbi7I_AwblXwQnd9ipMjAMWqDF3iubAU4UtMQzc65zBkSJmlzQD4nyV5

Treaty of the Eastern Flame

Issued 20th of the Deep Cold, Year 14 of the Second Age

Articles

I.Non-Aggression

II.Trade Agreement

III.Recognition of Sovereignty

IV.Duration

PREAMBLE:

This article serves as a formal pact agreement between the Kingdom of Norland and the City State of Yong Ping, hereafter referred to as the signatories.

ARTICLE I: Non-Aggression

Signatories have agreed to the following terms regarding non-aggression:

• Signing parties refrain from participating in any conflicts which put them at odds with one another. Further, there will be no conflicts between citizens or families of note within either state. 
  • When visiting either signatories’ territories, citizens are expected to abide by the laws upon which soil they step foot on and respect the local customs.
  • Should an issue or conflict arise which breaches this article, the signatories agree to handle the matter via the appropriate, diplomatic channels.

ARTICLE II: Trade Agreement

Signatories have agreed to the following terms regarding trade:

• Signing parties will be given a market stall free of rent in each other's cities.
  • Signing parties will agree to trade specialty goods free of tariff, in forms of both monetary exchange and/or bartering.
  • The signatories agree to the construction of a ferry between the city of Varhelm and the city of Yong Ping that will be paid for equally by the signatories.
  • A reasonable fee will be put in place for use of this ferry, the profits of which will be split evenly between the Norlandic and Yong Ping treasuries.

ARTICLE III: Recognition of Sovereignty

Signatories have agreed to the following terms regarding recognition of sovereignty:

• Signing parties will recognize their respective Realms as independent lands ruled by their respective leaders, and will make no efforts to subvert those authorities in power.

ARTICLE IV: Duration

This accord shall remain in effect for a period of eight years, with the option to renew its terms to be discussed at the time of its expiry.

Signed,

Halvar Edvardsson, King of Norland, Duke of Varhelm, Protector of Highlanders

A8gRARt8d3S81w_56KdD5CIu9oeAdbjoxnrfyQFwVTKlQzFVbe60NjFip7crDP19Y9hzMZ8J6uSkp2yNa74LqjS5oygjY5e_r647Upa4U1DhjggBIQeHypdF_MH31677FTUSVoqy

Signed,

Li Xiuying, Matriarch and Minister of Justice of Yong Ping. 

qyi_2SFZQKElboDvgxajwVEk9rRikc6t-dfQxNI-bZqmTs8bjIoa8VaIVFrTxrN0mE8Xp2Ahreo9kFc_tQLXJBsZJSY256DTTNW6j1gym_hct0AgskvIs591ahSRV9HVmr0ucV04

Signed,

Chen Yunya, Minister of Interior and leading woman on arts of Yong Ping.

tvNjBmzMKNnkhfCjLFrRALwvLtqeI53AwhIbn8nPAx6ewThDW-Vce5Oc20P7XM50XJd6EMRN9O_xIuUElF4X5dZa9utaAtMZ0tmqjwsF0SqlO34EOGXUabJbgqwipHucb3ohBGqE

Chen Yunya scribed her signature upon the treaty, scrawling calligraphy marking her name down in approval.