MONARCHS OF SUTICA

LithiumSedai

55 minutes ago, LithiumSedai said:

Immediately after Princess Myssy’s assumption of the crown, an attempt was made by the former Prince, Mika Uialben, to regain the crown lost to her interference as Terr’hi’s champion. Instead of attempting to sway Uialbenite enforcers to his cause, Mika pulled his connections to secure himself a loyal force of Goldhand Dwarves. Mika and fifteen of his soldiers surrounded the Princess in the Sutican tavern on the 12th of the Deep Cold (Sigismund’s End), 1739. Masterful command of her emotions and her restraint prevented the Princess from losing her head; she managed to compel Mika to negotiate without the presence of his Dwarven allies. He posed an ultimatum to her in private, which the Princess countered with an ultimatum of her own: she bluffed, insisting that she had been caught so easily as part of her plan to spur Mika to action, her own soldiers prepared to ransack his domain and capture him on his way out of the city should any harm come to her. Mika conceded to her terms, relinquishing his claim to the throne and withdrawing his Goldhands. Princess Myssy never forgave him for this attempt. 

Mika Uialben himself perked up a brow at reading this part of the document "The dwarves had rallied to fight while I had rallied to take up diplomacy for my return to the state on the council. I chose to opt for a personal meeting as I had known those dwarves would end everyone in the city with ease. I was indeed a bit aggressive in my terms, but we both concluded I needed more time to develop myself so I could focus on my trade and personal growth so I left till I found it was time once more under Lily. Never had I stated to relinquish my claim."

1 hour ago, LithiumSedai said:

Princess Gwynevere’s administrative decisions were puzzling and nonsensical: she abolished vassal taxes for no reason other than her complaint that they took too much effort to collect. Paid maintenance of the capital soon followed, and Prince-Emeritus Mika was all too happy to oblige in her dismantlement of Sutica’s institutions. All of this was done through verbal orders: the Princess issued no formal writs. The Princess’ neglect, aided by Mika’s sabotage, practically destroyed the command chain of the Cerulean Watch.

Mika Uialben pointed out here once more "I was prepared to stand by her side, only to be met with her simply not being around at all to fulfill her obligations. After my rule I was burnt out and only after my complete removal I had my revelations on how I could have governed better in hindsight, but truly that is sadly enough not the reality. This Gwynevere lass stagnated us so much that I simply could not even help or get people within the city at all before I got to hear she tried selling Sutica to a group of orcs, but you can't put someone to justice that simply disappears. Never in my life have I see a ruler so incompetent that I wonder why they wanted to replace me in the first place. in my last weeks of rule I worked up countless different projects, only to be rejected by Gwynevere without looking at it, including the rebuilding of the entire Sutican region which was almost done with the planning phase. While I have my differences with who is supposed to rule those lands, I am glad that wench is gone and I can live my days as mercenary once more."

1 hour ago, LithiumSedai said:

Much to the Uialbenites’ chagrin, the Queen responded harshly and resolutely. Firstly, her Canonist vassals immediately raised their levies and issued a firm declaration of support.

Mika Uialben further commented "There was nobody within the city, there was nobody fighting us. I was hired to do a job and that job I did. The nation had stagnated simply enough. To take down the southern alliance which you claim were just some minor threat you needed the power of two kingdoms and an empire to secure yourself. Sarissa didn't lift a hand towards us. Rhein joined us. Trabzon joined us and the other vassals didn't interfere at all. I fought my battles, survived them, took on what I could, but when leadership decides to call it, then I am no longer hired to fight. Only to return once more to aid in Sutica's defense against the Rustlers who assaulted the county of Sarissa while not a single levy from Sutica was sent."

Mika then finally concluded "Though I like having a document for this, it brings me peace. Though it hurts to see Sutica being used as an unlanded title only to be flaunted around as a showpiece. The majority of remnants of Sutica are with me, we are now a people rather than a place, wandering the realm to explore and take on mercenary contracts under The Silver Lubba Band before returning to our homes and barracks at the keep. If you need a quick hire for soldiers, you know where to find me."

An old librarian and an old minister of law sat at their home far from everything reminiscing about old times, while a blue and gold set of armour rusted outside.

22 minutes ago, Skyrunner said:

An old librarian and an old minister of law sat at their home far from everything reminiscing about old times, while a blue and gold set of armour rusted outside.

It had been quite a blessedly long time since the old Minister turned her sights to the goings on of the descendants. She was happy her old friend had sent a copy her way. Happy to be thought of. She was even pleased that the representation of her was not only fair, but spoke to the truth she had always known. Leaders do the best with what they have, and never anything more. She should send that man a letter, thank him for writing this, for caring about the nation she had devoted her life to once. But first, dinner needed making. She hoped the librarian liked the new recipe she had come up with. 

"Ah only to have done it over. To have supported my child Mika. To have made Alstreim my royal family. Ah to have done it all over again. Oh well." she hummed to herself, setting to chopping the carrots from their garden.

Cesar II sits in his armchair, remembering Prince Georg fondly, remarking "If only I could turn back time" the middle aged Hyspian grumbled, knowing that one cannot get a time machine.