The Forbidden Arts

TheMagesGuild

hiq5a816lRz78wj5F64lZ1bB_S6m4ImAKlA0GcnOXnj4ENdPSoUjK5XVbPS8p61K-BNivSZF3NdcT5LuO3WmM1_wVCCyXauOo32ZgMAs_NNbDqtK7G_CRpFBBr4N9vj8CIHeEbEE

━━━━━━━┛⨳┗━━━━━━━

With the Ando’Alurian hollow looming before the denizens of Arcas’ eastern coast; the hubris of magic has been revealed to all living in this continent. For too long the intemperate use of magic has run unchecked, and the hollow plaguing our lands stands as a testament to the importance of regulating magic. For these reasons, The Mages Guild prescribes the following rules to apply to all members

1. From this point onwards the art known as “Voidal Tearing” is hereby considered a banned magic by The Mages Guild.

1a. Any member of the guild who willingly creates or sustains a voidal tear will be removed from the guild, and the status of “Apostate” shall be pinned upon them.

We also urge other guilds and nations to prescribe similar enactments to assure the safety of the realm as a whole.

Signed on the 12th of Grand Harvest in Year 70 of the Second Age,

(Archmage Scholarch) Eliza

(Adeptus Veneratus) Ayche

(Adeptus Veneratus) Beranabus Blake Seregon

(Adeptus Veneratus) Evo'Lur Tartarus

(Adeptus Majoris) Tahorran Di'vadri

━━━━━━━┓⨳┏━━━━━━━

Edited by TheMagesGuild

The weary old Archmage collapsed into a padded armchair, content to rest there for the evening; a few words were muttered to a nearby colleague:

"The agents of chaos will rear their heads before long. We will call upon Unity and Order."

On a grey morning a Seregon sat within his hiding location, sipping his favourite fresh leaf tea, peppermint. He looked over the missive, underlining the words with a single digit, then paused beneath the final signature. “So this is what he’s doing? It is rare I hear of my kin now.” The elf peered into his teacup. It was empty. He grumbled out, “I hate magic.”

Ancient terrors stir. Hrmph.