Samuel Starling for Grand Maer | 422

Samuel Starling, A Voice of Prosperity

An Introduction:

I am Samuel Starling. An immigrant who came to Haense nineteen years ago. I have lived in the city of Karosgrad, achieved fame with the BSK since my arrival, and became maer a session ago. I have already stated my personal accomplishments before, but now I am going to establish my accomplishments politically. I promised farm reform and did such, such as removing the poor quality potatos and replacing them with wheat, increasing production significantly and bringing in valuable wealth to the people of Karosgrad who use the farms to pay their bills through the markets. I also attempted to hire advisors, however none were willing- even when inquired due to their background as such- to lend their voice for a time. I felt satisfied with my conversations with the Court Chamberlain to expand upon events, and Karosgrad has seen higher merriment due to their efforts. I voted on critical bills and actions in Duma, especially during the family feud that occured during this session. I was active in making sure the office was not trampled upon by other offices, but also worked alongside those who were able to do what I could not. I also helped those who reached out to me fix any lost keys or rightful property.
I will admit my administration was not the best, but I did attempt to achieve all of my promises and achieved the prosperity reforms I said I would. I would never lie to the people of Haense or lead them astray, and hope those who supported me last election are satisfied with my prior term and wish to see me win another.

Problems I plan to solve through Duma:

I reformed the farms as I promised, however I do wish to expand the farms even further for greater bounty by the end of my next session, if you'll have me.

Another issue I have been accused of is lack of maer hosted events, which I will rectify this coming session if elected. Again, I did decide to let the Chamberlain and other officials handle such this prior session.

I will attempt yet again to have citizen meetings, if the people are willing to give it another chance, and may hire advisors if any are willing.

The final issue I have been accused of is transparency of my actions. While I assumed the results would give proper validation for my position, I see now that I have to be far more scholarly with my actions and mark every letter, every note, every conversation down so that when others act upon my words, it is known it was acted upon because of my words.

On Her Ladyship Zoya vas Ruthern:
Do not belittle my administration or prior maerships without giving the courtesy of dropping names and specifics at least. If you had wanted further change, you should've sent a letter offering to advise me on such matters. I cannot be everywhere at once. You also did not consider that I or any other maer before me simply was not public with many of the actions behind the scenes such as meeting with important figures and sending letters to those of prestige. I will keep this in mind next session to write down every action I take and stamp them to a board in the assembly hall, so thank you for inspiring me to do such.

Starling's Promises:
To reiterate my promises and solutions to the problems of Karosgrad.

• Further Farm Expansion and the Increase of Wheat Production.

• More Events and Prizes for the People of Karosgrad. 

• Transparency of the Maer Office and another attempt at introduction of Regular Assemblies. 

• Another attempt to hire Advisor(s) to help the Maer where he may not have the sight to see issues at first glance. The first of which going to Her Ladyship Zoya vas Ruthern.

Together We Prosper. Vote Starling for Grand Maer. Thank you for reading.

Zoya vas Ruthern chuckled dryly as she finished reading the Maer's missive - a harsh, unfeeling sort of laugh. "It seems ea've got some competition, Grigori..." Muttered the Ruthern girl, handing the parchment dismissively to her suitor. "A rally is in order, ea think."

(( @mkLouis))

Franziska Henrietta looked the document over while she sat to eat with her children. She smirked looking over to her eldest. "It's good to see commoner's running. I think I will vote for him again."