The Kingsmoot of 80 S.A.

Crevel

vw4f1fRu8PnOFrfmP1RsjOD9SLoGxhxMlCaE3Zn7XUW3fTCiYe5QYtgObMqRZh4qxS0n52LNwMn8xQVnutOWhA1nspZRyuiqMhSAY5H28IbpXX3mhTt51XyfGfWZqCOXpQ_jFYiDu4c4e_xthw

The Kingsmoot of 80 S.A.

11th of Snow’s Maiden, 80 S.A.

The past decade, upon the conclusion of the last Kingsmoot, we were led by King Ragnvald who fought valiantly diplomatically and on the battlefield. He has served as a great king, but with his unfortunate and untimely passing we have to undergo the process to establish a new elected king to serve the Kingdom of Norland for the future.

With this missive, as Lord-Regent of Norland and as Chieftain of the Edvardssons, I call a Kingsmoot for the Chieftains of the three Rurikid Clans so that we may convene to nominate and vote for the new King. Furthermore, I will be nominating myself as a candidate for the ongoing Kingsmoot.

For those unfamiliar with the process, any Ruric with identifiable Rurikid lineage are able to nominate themselves or be nominated as a candidate to become king. While others may attend the Kingsmoot to watch and ask questions, it is ultimately up to the vote of majority between the three Chieftains to decide who shall become King from the nominated candidates. In the case of a tie, the High Keeper shall make the tie-breaking vote. The current recognised Chieftains are as follows: Einar Edvardsson of Clan Edvardsson, Torstein Eiriksson of Clan Eiriksson, however Clan Freysson currently has no recognised Chieftain.

Violence during this tradition is disrespectful and a duel of any sort cannot be invoked to bypass the voting process. An attempt to cause disruption during the Kingsmoot period will result in immediate removal.

To limit the possibility of a disruption by foreign forces, the location of the Kingsmoot is being safe-kept. Chieftains and Vassal Lords shall receive a personal invitation byway of a letter. However, other Rurikid will either have to reach out to me or one of the personally invited individuals to learn the location.      

Signed,

His Excellency, Einar Edvardsson Ruric, by the Blood of the Herald, Lord-Regent of Norland, Prince of Norland, Chancellor of Norland, Chieftain of the Edvardssons, Warden of the Royal Norlandic Ashguard

cRMDZ0Ie519djLbt68MlaVsZmqINxwMBThEze7TProV5H8rT4VPdNoE7A5sWJiiq9cFR2SBp5EzCUqL_WIN77JTnujTId5WneVsMJUwrpdzq7e8jwyOEu_LS8ga66MTLyzkvzse36YvAr0xh2A

Aa5OrRqwysXz3eXHvNp8_qzbmx44o9tuo6AU5hR3qE83LYutF6of1Sd59kLgD6rv7ToM_gjQIqH0L3jF4_Rsllb7oqcq4pO0t0Qpn4RSiHq8ZpuyOqkSWBHhviZGVYUgScA9NlqL2DPA4zTjEA