[Magic Amendment] [Water Evocation]

IsaaKc

Current lore:

• Water makes wet whatever it touches, even after it vanishes back into the Void. Not unlike fire evocation, once it is soaked into something, it will not simply vanish back into the Void. If not soaked in, however, it will simply vanish.

Proposed amendment:

• Water makes wet whatever it touches and may absorb into surfaces. However, should the Water Evocationist lose line of sight or disconnect, the remaining water found absorbed and on wet surfaces will vanish back into the Void.

Purpose

Prior to Pundimonium's Lore Games Era Evocation rewrites, the proposed amendment is the logic that Water Evocation lore previously abided by. The only Magic that followed the logic found within the current lore prior to Pundimonium's rewrite is Fire Evocation, which simply makes sense considering fire is something that spreads assuming adequate surfaces allow it to. However, water does not spread like fire does and occupies an unchanging amount of space.

The current lore opens up confusion and loopholes as to whether or not water that has "soaked in" may be consumed/provide nutritional benefit, as well as if it can facilitate biological processes such as water carrying nutrients into a plant once it soaks into soil.

Furthermore, the notion that Evocation spells can become apart of the natural world by merely making contact with it challenges years of precedent regarding Voidal spells being temporary.

The proposed amendment would eliminate this loophole and simplify the lore by adhering to what was the widely used logic before the Lore Games.

Citations

Edited by IsaaKc

Needs more clarity on what disconnect means. Under normal circumstances Voidal Water should vanish when line of sight is lost. I would put it down as just "voidal water vanishes when the Evocationist loses sight or disconnects the spell." That just closes any loopholes related to water weighing down something or causing any other weird interactions. 

3 minutes ago, rdowdy said:

Needs more clarity on what disconnect means. Under normal circumstances Voidal Water should vanish when line of sight is lost. I would put it down as just "voidal water vanishes when the Evocationist loses sight or disconnects the spell." That just closes any loopholes related to water weighing down something or causing any other weird interactions. 

Good catch. I'll be sure to adjust that. Thank you!

As an old school water evocationist, I have been malding that voidal water could become part of this world simply through the act of 'soaking' things. Thank you for the amendment which I dearly hope gets accepted as to not break the concept of Voidal Anchors. :)

Damn, beat me to it. My own amendment piece is still in the works but this certainly makes it easier for me- ty!

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. Thank you for your submission. Moving to correct subforum to prevent redundancy and clutter.