A dreamer and her dreams

Chrothic

Spoiler

Vibes/inspiration I used while writing this ^

I was bored, listened to some music, thought for a couple days, then was bored again and wrote this according to what I myself had been dreaming about.
I write a lot, but this is one of the few stories I've written which actually seems real to me I guess.
Posted cause @HeyitsNanosaid I should

And there I stood, frozen and breathless, my eyes fixed on a single person sitting amongst the murmuring crowd, though she was surrounded by people who talked to her as if she were their closest friend, and she responded to every one of their words, in her eyes, tired and heavy, I could see a form of boredom, but of what? The lavish life she lived? The men attempting to sway her to their courtship?

But from across the room, if only just for a moment, she returned my gaze.

Immediately, I felt my heart drop, turning away and vanishing into the crowd.

As I lay in bed that night, my mind continuously returned to that single moment from hour prior, where her initial beauty had me entranced on its own merit, the blue glow of her eyes told a story entirely separate from her face, not one of a princess in a ballroom, but one of a dreamer trapped in a cage.

Past the tiredness, or boredom, was a mind which seemed to be constantly constructing scenarios of great adventure and danger.

And as I drifted to sleep, though I do not remember clearly, I believe perhaps I shared in the never-ending adventures in my dreams, and perhaps for once she was not alone in her dreams, as I was not in mine.

But with the rise of morning, and the passing of days and weeks, then months and years, I slowly began to forget the dream which I had experienced that night, as I fell into the everyday workings of aristocracy.

One thing which I will never forget, however many dreams pass me by and fade into obscurity, is the dreamer, her eyes perplexing in their allure forever haunting me in the drifting seconds between being awake and asleep.

I never did see her again.

Perhaps she was simply a figment of my imagination, and all along I was the dreamer, alone in my own world.

Or perhaps she finally found the way into her dreams, set free from her cage, finally able to rest and dream as her mind so desperately needed.

This is really cool. I like it a lot.

Also kudos to Nano for getting you to post it. He's a good friend.

powerful