The Vows of Dhaen Grandaxe

Dhaelena

The Vows of Dhaen Grandaxe

cYFxm46I5_ixdYWNCGGHOmrJTxDagaB_HfIVoPNcG9ObmS3RB7GaiErNLx-3bmVUaBZq-KjQVl7hWir8bfJGINmm9npXbZ5ZuSWd2Fn_3komV0_XW7t_rZuexD5SrLOiAkZaeMEL

Late into the afternoon, Dhaen kneeled before the Altar of Anbella. Bearing two interlocked rings, hewn into the mountain itself, the shrine of the Lady of the Hearth loomed imposing over her. Winds descending from the altitudinous slopes whipped and carried her conversation with the figure behind her: the Rhun Prophet, Norli Starbreaker. 

Presenting a small sharpened kitchen knife to the Goddess above, Dhaen steadily pressed it to her elaborate braided buns, cutting them in offering. As greying ginger curls rained down around her bowed head, the guttural tones of formal dwedmarrum began:

O’ Anbella. Aina’k baraz vo’tha-kav oz othok.

O’ Anbella. I promise myself to you.

Aina’k’az baraz gaeta da thrust, stevla, na tiwaz eron vo’tha jorþ

I promise to tend to the thirst, hunger, and weariness of my land

Aina’k’az baraz khaila  da dwedohin’marr rumol aesta eron vo’tha

I promise to heal the souls who ask it of me

Aina’k’az baraz un’skuf anym eron da Brathmordakin, Dwedohin’marr ov gor’marr

I promise to harm no living creation of the Brath, people or animal

Aina’don thas’anar, thas’amorukk, na thas’dwedohin bezak oz voz.

Let my hands, heart, and soul belong to you

Aina’don jorþ’rumm mer’thas dwedki.

Let the people of this land be my children

Kolun’k’nazka thas baraz, un’kippa narh othok’koss ival.

Should I break my vows, cast me from your gaze.

Thas’kvinn ov anym na nogazen.

My lady of life and love

LOPwNTnn-SeL3p4j-ynXj3guIMWxtUil5fFOlpcElH_0d1yYfxOOzmm6CXv_r9x-Udm1BEef0un11NBvj2gGXuw_8ZvFxkIf9u0kwBDIwODxKgNfLyoLSak4H-aCZNGusJjgPT2E

The divine hammer of Norli came down upon her newly sheared head, marking the officiation of the vows. Her shoulders warmed by the sun, Dhaen Grandaxe stood once more, now as a Zealot of Anbella. 

RLxIqJb6JLZ_c4-f518T9mymRlOCcjT-nSFCvdF7ntDwwT88RIRw9tZ2ZlTusfpJ45tTZJEZ2EsiJwMDvdEQWseQ2ZhgjSJ7Zn4Cfn1pUOqKuWT95B6spE2lXOB6dw1NE0My1RoENHFrBHXX7QveGmQ