Barrow Town Cuisine Volume I

_RoyalCrafter_

Barrow Town Cuisine

Volume I

Authored by Sterling Percy Amador

Published by Blue Orchid Publishing

68kh-f3uitztkxXMwW7hVS9axoaNsM5TVbN1HElhoINW4ccRFdNK_kJJdByJY05RK8hB3MI574_xuDuqxg6ZZwtrOdg-UHW6ZXbgLFO-o0kWFeW5ocSSuR2L2h8Q-FBCnmaQ6rDkxLhYUiRPxU29Ibg

Introduction

Spending most of my time in the Marchdom of the Barrowlands as a squire, I’ve gotten quite used to cooking for myself. The food here is quite different from my homeland of Haense and I’ve grown fond of it. In order to record the unique culinary culture here, and to help new squires and pages take care of themselves, I’ve decided to compile some recipes.

68kh-f3uitztkxXMwW7hVS9axoaNsM5TVbN1HElhoINW4ccRFdNK_kJJdByJY05RK8hB3MI574_xuDuqxg6ZZwtrOdg-UHW6ZXbgLFO-o0kWFeW5ocSSuR2L2h8Q-FBCnmaQ6rDkxLhYUiRPxU29Ibg

Shepard’s Pie

Ingredients

3 Potatoes
1 Onion
Butter

Carrots

Peas

Seasonings of choice

Peel some potatoes, dice them and put them to boil until your fork easily passes through them. That is when you know it's tender. Use your preferred method to make mashed potatoes, I prefer adding butter, first, then salt then adding a spoon of milk.

Heat up your pan and butter it. Add your diced onions and carrots together, about a cup of each. When they are about to finish cooking, add your peas in. You may change the proportions of the vegetables to each other per taste.

Add your minced meat in, about 2 cups full. Fry and stir the meat and vegetables together, allowing the vegetables to soak up the juices from the meat. You may add seasonings of choice during the process.

Once your mince is done cooking, place it at the bottom of an oven dish, and spread out the mashed potatoes on top.

Bake for  20 minutes. Once the potato at the top is starting to brown, and the mince bubbles as the sides, then you know it is ready. Take it out, let it rest for 5 saint minutes, and serve.

Stew of Mutton

Ingredients

900g stewing mutton

chicken stock
2 eggs

2 onions

parsley, rosemary, thyme, ginger, cumin, coriander, salt

White wine

Lemon juice

Prepare the stock by boiling chicken bones and skin. The remains of a roasted chicken work best. This will take a few hours of slow cooking. It is best to use already prepared chicken stock if one has it.

Dice the meat into cubes, the cubes have to be large in size so they do not disintegrate in the stew. Boil the stock in a stewpan, and add the meat. Keep it boiling and skim any scum.

Finely chop the onions, and add them along with wine and seasonings. Add around half a glass of wine.

Lower the heat, and allow the stew to cook for about an hour until the diced mutton is tender.

Take the eggs and beat them, adding around 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Gently pour this into the stew and mix gradually in order to thicken it. Do this after taking the stewpan off the heat.

Pumpkin Flower Chicken

Ingredients

Pumpkin Flowers

Ground almonds

Chicken Breasts

4 Egg yolks

Salt

Poach the chicken in salted water for 40 minutes until the breast is fully cooked and tender. Strain the broth from the chicken breasts.

Steep the almonds in it the chicken broth for 20 minutes to produce creamy almond milk. After that, strain the milk from the almonds.

Grind in a mortar the pumpkin flowers and salt and incorporate it into the creamy almond milk to serve as your sauce. You may also add other flowers and spices to your taste.

Cover the chicken breasts with the hot sauce and serve.

Edited by VerminHunter
fixed .

Lord Uriel supports the thriving Barrowlander culinary industry