Delusion of the Deep

Damnit_Delmar

Spoiler

Delusion of the Deep

Pi335cWR72yQu_noW9Y_2rWXZ5vEv26dJTGeFsDbQv139u6ijHy_J_ireZG9BsHPRcJQKTMQtxTfHQOTukLEoB8_detpNUjYxiifbu9a54Jkhe_xeOlZqy0vZHGI_FZ6SQakFIX9XXimGALZefSty-g

So did the young Delmar awake, in a pool of sweat and anxiety, ears ringing from the thunderous lightning still as he crawled backwards to the top of his bed. Those whispers, those chants, those calls of the sea resounding through his mind. His eye forever held a glimmer of that shift, that subtle movement that crept away from line of sight, that slithered into the inky mass of shade before him. 

Shut up

Yet the whispers never did halt, the jeers and cheers, the soft words of mock praise that adorned his every silent moment. Like a record on loop, the slow hushes of his psyche, goaded him forwards from the bed. His bare feet, touching against the dirtied floorbeds, tactile feeling of something damp and rotted. Curling between his toes,as he turned his attention to the red paned window. It was here, high that in that tower of dark stone, that he could gaze into the waters. The lights of that shamistic city, glinting against the waters, the rippling waves that lay bare in front of the young man. Those hues of colors and lights, shifting, almost staring back at the high up Harren’hil. 

You know what must be done, don’t you?

The Delmar gripped his head, his cranium thudding with an erupting pain, head slowly shaking as that damp wood started to feel squishy and waterlogged. His head slowly did shake, as he muttered a series of frantic statements. His back facing the red paned window, as he felt the water slowly grow to his ankles. 

No- NO! I’m not going to do that- I just need, just need some sleep

He attempted to forgot the water that started to rise, that started to cling to his skin like chains, and bind to his wrists like shackles. He resisted, resisted that ever growing urge to sink to fall to the pits of that emotion, that thought, his thoughts. Yet they would not stop, for just as he had resolved to believe such. Did the voice call his name again, goad him to the direction.

Look at me

So did he turn his head, his ashen gaze befalling upon that horrific spectacle. For he was not greeted with kindness nor kinship, but rather faced with that still visage, that bloated floating corpse of himself. Lips blue from the loss of blood, and eye near bulging, parted and scared lips. Leaving the Delmar with one last set of words.

Look.At.Me

So did the young Delmar awake, in a pool of sweat and anxiety, ears ringing from the thunderous lightning still as he crawled backwards to the top of his bed. Those whispers, those chants, those calls of the sea resounding through his mind. His eye forever held a glimmer of that shift, that subtle movement that crept away from line of sight, that slithered into the inky mass of shade before him. . .

OOC NOTE

Spoiler

Hey there people, wanted to try to expand upon my writing, so I decided to record some stuff going on with my character atm. Probably will post similar posts like this in future, but for now, feel free to watch the spiral into anxiety, ego, and madness.