evanescent (Ingvar being shelved)

Faited_Fool

Ingvar can be seen sitting on a nearby hill, looking over at the great sea. His silence was suddenly broken by a voice calling out for him.
"Ingvar you stay right there or I swear I'll-" The profanity that follows has been removed.
There was only one person he knew that used such bad language: Valk. He did not dare to face her and continued to gaze at the water before him as Valk drew closer. 
"Still not much of a talker I see." She cleared a patch beside Ingvar before sitting beside him.
"Heard you got a new name. Sturmstrike, right?"
They sat there for a long, awkward moment in pure silence before Ingvar finally grew the courage to speak.
"Why are you here..? Me and you both know what happened."
The silence returned before Valk finally spoke.
"We need to talk, you know."
One of the few and rare moments where Valk was being serious.
Ingvar gave her a nod to proceed.
"Well, first things first...." she takes a deep breath "Nobody blames you for what happened...and...they are alive, Ingvar."
Ingvar's head spun around fast, his eyes piercing through the darkness of his helmet.
"Yes," Valk continued, "they are alive, and the wolves have grown in numbers...so much so that I think we could put up a fight, a fight for what we were promised!" 
Ingvar was sure they perished. The thought of it had been tormenting him all this time. He spoke up once again.
"H-How?"  

Valk dusted herself off before standing up.
"They were captured, not killed, and yes, they looked worse for wear when we took back that bandit camp, but they are alive and ready to fight once again. All of us are!"
She reached out to Ingvar, offering him her hand. The hand was soft but clearly toughened up from battle.
"In order for us to fight, I need my second wolf back. I need you, Ingvar."
Valk, hand still outstretched, moved towards him. She had removed the heavy helmet from his head. Few people had seen his real face after the war. Ingvar looked up at her, and she looked at him. She put her hand on his rugged face.
"Please. Join me in returning to us what was promised."
The shocked Ingvar looked over his shoulder, the mighty walls of Norland met his gaze. It was a place he once called his home, looking onto him, begging for his return. He turned back to face Valk and as painful as it was, without a second thought, he took her hand once more. Valk placed the helmet back on Ignvar's head, for he was ready. He rose himself up and followed her to uphold his oath, even if it killed him