Cabins To Castles [PK]

Sir Trooper

The aged man took a seat upon the wooden bench before him, surveying the picturesque surroundings of the land of Helious. He peered back towards the abode of his dear friend before opening his pack and retrieving a small leather-bound tome. A parchment was procured from within, and the man began to pen his thoughts.

"To whomever it may concern,

Greetings, friend. If you are reading this missive, I am most certain that you are a companion in some manner. As you know, I am Reeve Lonewood, or, at times, known as Reeve von Minitz and Reeve Roa. Allow me to recount the beginning of my journey, which commenced within a modest cabin situated deep within the woods. Life was simple amidst the embrace of nature, with my father, mother, and brother at my side. My mother, Yorol, was a gentle and nurturing soul, instilling within me a sense of decency and a desire to aid others. My father, William, though strict in his manner, held an unbridled love for his kin, and imparted upon me the skills necessary to survive on my own. Hunting, fishing, foraging, and other such knowledge were shared with me. And then, my brother Varo, a friend throughout my youth, even with his elder status. We shared many a game and he oft brought a smile to my face. Humor was his greatest gift to me.

The story of my family's early and tragic end is known to many close to me, and I shall not expound upon it further in this final letter. Their rest is well-deserved, and it is now my time to earn mine. 

Ah, Minitz. Upon arriving on unfamiliar shores, I was taken in by Minitz. My initial days were plagued with confusion, but the folk there helped mold me into an outgoing and amiable person. There was Sir Leon, Orion, Gregorius, Hans, Valens, Damon, Daniel, Siegfried, Petsch, and many others who gave me many memorable moments and helped me in more ways than I can put into words. If only I could pay homage to all of them here. They each deserve a thousand letters or more dedicated to their own tales, but I cannot provide such.”

A momentary fit of coughing wracked the man's frame, but then again retreated into the depths of his lungs, granting him permission to finish his letter. Granting him the privilege of peace in his final moments.

"I have witnessed the passage of time and the onset of age. I have lost dear friends and lived a life filled with adventure and joy. I have been a participant in battles both grand and small, and have borne witness to the evolution of places and people alike. But now, I find myself forgetting many of these moments. I lay awake at night, apprehensive that the names of those I cherish may slip from my mind. Indeed, some have already been lost to me. As my time draws to a close, I reflect upon the deeds I have accomplished. My tenure as a medic for Minitz is a source of pride for me and a testament to my desire to aid others. However, all good things must come to an end. My current physical state is far worse than it has ever been. One of my biggest journeys away from Minitz proved to be a costly one, with many years of my life forfeit. The beating I received in the hull of a ship is a tale for another time, of which I have not the luxury to recount.

I confess to being less than adept with words, and thus, this letter may serve as a mere summary of the man I am. Nevertheless, it leaves behind a portion of me, regardless of where I may venture next. I extend my gratitude to all those who made my life the wondrous thing it was. I have been blessed to live as long as I have and to have encountered the people I have. I pray that I may join my family and friends in whatever lies beyond life. May the reader of this letter enjoy the remainder of their days, and be blessed by those they encounter.

Best Regards,

Reeve”

The old man completed his letter, a sense of peace and closure filling him. He knew it would be found soon. And probably by Gregorius. He looked up to the sun and with a final sigh, and closed his eyes, his journey at an end.

Spoiler

[OOC]: My very first persona in LOTC was Reeve and this was the first ever role play I did besides a little Dungeons & Dragons. I joined in early August of 2022 so I've been playing Reeve for a bit over a year. I've made many friends and wonderful memories I am so lucky to have. I plan to continue my gameplay on the server and I am grateful for the support of every member who has offered their assistance. While I will miss playing Reeve, it is time for me to explore other personas. I'd also like to note this is my first time ever really creating a post here so pardon any mistakes I made! Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a great day!

Slander Videos (Yikes I'd Hate To Be In One Of These... Greg)

Edited by Sir Trooper

Song for the moment.

Gregorius Roa
took a stroll around the Principality of Helious, simply to relax, he had thought of when his children would meet Reeve, about how would be a good way to introduce them to him, he knew Reeve didn't have much time to live for already, he knew he was soon to die.

Yet; He hoped his good friend, his previous Tribesman could meet his family.

B
ut it was to no avail, as he walked through the streets of Helious, besides a tree, he found a corpse, he had seen some that same day, he thought it could be someone else, but the figure looked too much like Reeve, he didn't believe it, he couldn't believe that his friend had already died even before he introduced his family to him.
He examined the corpse, revealing it was Reeve and no other “Friend…” he said solemnly, closing Reeve’s eyes as he shedded a tear “Rest well” he said to Reeve’s corpse as he patted his friend’s chest, revealing the letter that he wrote, deciding to read it after he transported Reeve’s dead corpse to the crypt in his manor, where he had promised to bury him previously.

Now they were all together, the founders of the tribe, except for Valens

“Nullum Magnum Opus Sine Magna Ambitione Venit”
The old man chanted the Motto of the Roa tribe, as well as the Roa family’s, as he buried his friend’s cold corpse in the crypts of his manor in Helious.

Gregorius Roa went upstairs to keep a promise he did to himself, opening a bottle of alcohol he had stored for when Reeve visited him and his family, he opened the bottle and poured some of it in Reeve’s final resting ground, drinking the last of it in one go.