An Observation - Hidden Powers of Old

BobBox

Spoiler

An Observation - Hidden Powers of Old

gHiYI6eJ21oS8GWiO9jRqhZjJ4Fj4vgktVA687G5oqkiTioMUQV3EN5FvwpfqQ056b1daeDz9nOVa5Agjq8yay9gkB5B3DZWdaQahY2SayxJOv54cRQHjHCHRAUeGxQ76My3AwaRnpsfi2nnXfIOE34

Before delving into my observation, there must first be a level of understanding that accompanies you on your reading journey. 

Firstly, it is important to note this paper's goal - to inform the reader. I make no effort to persuade the reader into thinking my writing is correct, nor should I ask others to push the beliefs within. Instead, it is best if the reader pauses and thinks critically about the observation noted within. Should they disagree with my statements, I offer them the ability to reach out and write to me.

Secondly, before reading one should familiarize themselves with two points on the map below. Denoted in Figure One with a triangle is Chulir, the large mountain that cannot be trekked. Denoted also in Figure One by the square in the southeastern part of the map is the temple located within the jungles. For a complete reading experience, I would recommend the reader venture to and become familiar with both locations, although it is not needed to understand the contents of this paper.

EM6fiFEkg3dF2XCOS59S743yIfyQxlK0QDcpypCIkO5lPvpMygCFKZfpBg247jSMBAGcWQANbK8x51WpPGNfDRf4lFo4HTFIX-dSi8Zxq_mbx4PaJF4JBL0PjZiGCGUnnGRV3tdM38Qqcui2JQLZVKQ
Figure One - The Mountain, The Temple, and the land inbetween

gHiYI6eJ21oS8GWiO9jRqhZjJ4Fj4vgktVA687G5oqkiTioMUQV3EN5FvwpfqQ056b1daeDz9nOVa5Agjq8yay9gkB5B3DZWdaQahY2SayxJOv54cRQHjHCHRAUeGxQ76My3AwaRnpsfi2nnXfIOE34

Upon venturing to and encountering the jungle temple, one may first be struck with a sense of wonder and awe. For those who have not ventured to the temple (and for this I cannot blame you, as it is quite remote), the structure itself is nearly 100 meters by 100 meters in its dimensions and is situated in the center of a lake, prompting one to wonder how often it was used in its prime. Daily commutes to the temple would have been a trek, and no signs of boats or docks were left behind close to where the temple is located. There are four stairways at the base of the temple, each built in line with a cardinal direction, and upon climbing said staircases even those who are novices with the alchemical would notice the symbols carved into the stone. Below is a depiction of each.

-=-=-

2Psw9HvFs4i82hlaizQkKWltCqtGdydfzh8U6h5tWSWkkuxYVoX9sZd_PGQhHnUKauq5Og8vY4I9rUVhE1NF6yHujkk7mKgXz2syjxvvL9NNzmra9u-HQT7y4yS26k5D_6ihH6zRw1QcqyyOeTjwt_U
The Alchemical sign of Fire, inscribed upon the southwestern corner. 
Gazing upon this symbol brings forth memories of hot coals, open flames, feelings of warmth, etc.

5xtp6kjvNunYgVV4L7JSTE2SEIlrN-n-7JFuYbr_iU0uew2yEXtFz4_hQxs3u_Qv4p9zPB-9aKivewhw2fHK-_eNg0YcVgvdIwukUCeOMCKE0mX0WQfrasgcjnpXX8ZZzkTC4SJBpWTEKHIU6NiSwvE
The Alchemical sign of Water, inscribed upon the southeastern corner.
 Gazing upon this symbol brings forth memories of waves, lakes, and other water related activities.

zQLJPKGQMay3GhjIPsLaLzFIq4dviiWelDQN1vd1HKXeewTof-pLAWct95P6AUMW3ceqp1TedQDulydxlPaWu1rep7llyUuJ7SQPR5UYqymR4i_HWLMszvyNTAZjCI6Q9Mzp5oYNSi9itSYF6X-D9CQ
The Alchemical sign of Air, inscribed upon the northeastern corner. 
Gazing upon this symbol brings forth memories of strong winds and other air related imagery.

OINhszLs_L_aDkuues_sxkfNcglPeT_nZpz1muth-crxip5pN2UU_C4ps70RAOaA7eVM5rHXfD5VUcDnl14hXr513bo99plXvLpUwbvh3pdFuCGrk_DKlNDJ9dHHTvbgIezfWgzF_owO6_CDVqJi22A
The Alchemical sign of Aether, inscribed upon the northwestern corner. 
Gazing upon this symbol brings forth memories of magics, mana, and other related images.

-=-=-

Normally this observation may mean little as many of other peoples long before us have come to discover the meaning of our favored symbols, however the astute in alchemy may quickly notice that one of the symbols is missing - that being the sign of Earth, but why is this important?

YJpWTPc17sLq0Wk2hLR5gjLeDl_rXt6LLozlZS1PZWzghf8j1HFAs5xC8XN-VcdfSKXOUZorMf3s6Uvg81UHaa1hwPYXDjFMCAqcyWFFMaAzNbSCei6Ghsp0Dvg1QzEOAbB4P6GI
The Alchemical sign of Earth - the missing symbol from The Temple.
Gazing upon this symbol brings forth memories of dirt, rock, and perhaps even The Mountain - Chulir - for those who have ventured to it in the past.

It is a well-reported fact that gazing upon an alchemical symbol invokes thoughts of what it represents - and with a quick glance at the Earth symbol, one who has traveled to Chulir or the large mountain will instantly be reminded of it. Is it possible that these two wonders of our world are somewhat intertwined? - One should think so, and I theorize that it is the land between these two connected monuments that may be especially magical or alchemical in nature - to an extent that we have not seen before.

It is the current-day realm of Adria that has settled the lands between these two monuments - lands that I hypothesize the original owners of the Jungle Temple inhabited. It is my theory that these lands were once lived in by an old civilization that would venture to the temple rarely, or in times of need so that they may pray or perform rituals. From these rituals and prayers, the land between The Mountain and The Temple would receive some blessings that the people desired, thus allowing the civilization to live prosperously for some time - though they were of course gone before we had arrived. We - as descendant kind entirely - can only hope that these lands may still retain some of the once gifted magical properties.

This of course leaves the main unanswered question of how we may utilize the temple’s power, or how we may create temples of our own design to benefit from these blessings. If someone has any theories related to this, I ask them to reach out to myself.

Please feel free to reach out if you have questions or want to discuss the topics listed in this paper or other topics.
Proudly sponsored as a scholar by the nation of Balian.

Written by Tallow.