exogens

Minecraft IGN(s):

exogens, Siliti

Discord:

exogens

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/996479908714909817/1155963060599664720/image.png?width=1191&height=670

What circumstances led to this ban?

So it was a normal day when I was roleplaying around with Aaun with the usual people I roleplay there. This is where I decided to make a friendly joke of my character going bald (which was totally innocent and I did not plan to troll or do anything stupid with it. Just a friendly accident that happened in roleplay.) This was all fine and going smooth until my friend @Lirinya came up and was laughing at the said accident in roleplay. This was totally friendly and harmless. Ironically her character at that time is religious, so she is usually wearing the formal, religious attire where almost all her body is covered with clothing, including hair. So this coversation in roleplay started to tense between the two at that point until my character approached her in order to taunt/mock her by tugging her coat and saying something along the lines until it ended with 'now be a good girl' from how religious she was(I was told this was the main reason of the ban). Everything was alright and nobody had any issues until 3 days later I was investigation banned for that comment till this day.

Now I understand the instant action that had to be taken by the moderators since it probably pinged them in order to keep the community safer, however this was purely taken out of context and was totally harmless (given with the screenshots below that I will attach). I do understand that this might sound bad out of context, and I really could've worded it better. English is not my first language so I might have the language barrier within it, not that my English is weak or I did not understand, but I instantly pressed enter like an idiot without reading it twice or saying it out loud to see if it could be worded in a better way. This message was taken in a whisper in order to not make the INRP fight 'break out' in public, however I am glad it was in whisper now just because nobody would've mistaken it the way moderators would, as I know it did sound weird and might get someone uncomfortable. I am glad nobody did at this situation.

Realistically, I can't promise if this would not happen again as nobody is certain on something on the future. However, this taught me to actually be patient on typing and to think loudly and to take in mind many different respective before saying anything. However, in general, I am hopefully a different, better person, not because of the general 'I was banned and I thought well about my mistakes' but I actually fixed myself so much in the last 3 months and I am still going forward with it being the best version of myself, which is why I wish to give myself at most 2 hours a day on weekdays and 3 hours on my weekends with no exceptions.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

If you want my full honesty, I do both, agree and disagree with the ban. The ban was totally understandable and taken into action automatically so moderators can diffuse the situation that may potentially be threatening and it shows how the team cares a lot about the safety of its players. I am not upset at that, in fact, I hope the moderators can keep the good work on such. However, I do disagree on one point, as the ban took a very long while to be investigated / resolved with little to no communication. I felt lost in this situation and many people within this community had the mindset of 'guilty till proven innocent.' By the time I was banned, I heard so many rumors from players who were either 1. I do not communicate with at all or 2. Players who had no idea about the ban nor were involved in it started to spread rumors around the server about my ban reason that was much more dangerous and unsafe for the community than it actually was. I believe this situation could've easily been cleared up if there was a better communication. I am not upset with that as I know the mod team had its ups and downs within the last 3 months. This ban was also perfect as it helped me clear out the bad apples in my circle, as it showed me who actually cares and who's just around just in the 'good' moments.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

If you want my honesty, I don't know. My life improved so much drastically in the last 3 months that I am finally so happy with where I am right now. I have a good part-time job, and my university grades went much better than the last year in the end, which would be useful in my senior year, and I started to hit up the gym and I have finally a psychiatrist who is helping me with my mental health, so overall I really needed that ban, as it really did improve me so much as a person, and I thank you for actually giving me these 3 months in order to fix my life up.

The only two reasons why I want to return is first and foremost to debunk any rumor or any harmful comments away from me in order to actually clear myself up from any misconception and to actually feel like if I want to quit, then I would do so without feeling I have some dirt left behind on me, and the second reason is I wish to return to the true friends whom actually believed me and supported me, and those who actually cared to ask what happened to explain instead of starting to spread around the rumors. I wish to thank them to help them around and to actually support them back as I am forever thankful for them. I, for sure, that I wont be active as much as before as I want to keep my improvement going and to actually moderate myself and to make LOTC fun and healthy for me. I however don't know if I will remain as long here or not. Thus, I would be happy, regardless of how this outcome would be.

Attach other relevant information.

Other than these screenshots, not really. Thank you for whoever is picking this up for their time and effort. Other than that, I really do not care about whoever is reading this as they clearly do not have any business with this.

Also, Laurelin told me that she would be more than happy to get any DM from any moderator dealing with this, incase of any uncertainty.

IMG_8562.png?width=310&height=670
IMG_8564.png?width=310&height=670
IMG_8566.png?width=310&height=670
IMG_8567.png?width=1035&height=167