The Neglecter's 7 Year AMA

Child Neglecter

Thought I'd eventually get around to doing one of these lol

I'm on a break from LOTC right now but here to answer all your questions. It's been 7 years since I joined this server when I was 16, and now I've got a few strands of grey hair and I'm eating a digestive as I write this

why did you have to remind me that its been almost 5 years for myself

been a while since we've rped, hope at some point our current (or future) characters run in2 each other again o7

when u went into church rp on armand, what made u like playing a priest and eventual cardinal and auditor? 

n whts ur favorite animal 

35 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

why did you have to remind me that its been almost 5 years for myself

i cannot be the only one to feel this pain

23 minutes ago, Jihnyny said:

Dry or chocolate digestive?

opinion of orcs?

chocolate all the way, only thing I use dry ones for is making cheesecake 

Haven't interacted with Orcs in many years but was always a fan of Orc RPers like Smawton and their Shamanism RP. I respect the niche of Orcs a lot since it opposes the typical goal of most LOTCers to play characters that are physically attractive, and Orcs represent all of the grittiness and grimdark that I'd like to see a lot more of on LOTC. Orc RPers play them because their personalities and character qualities are interesting, and there's a lot of brutality and conflict, not because they want to engage in what you might see more of in Elf RP. 

26 minutes ago, Ramon said:

been a while since we've rped, hope at some point our current (or future) characters run in2 each other again o7

when u went into church rp on armand, what made u like playing a priest and eventual cardinal and auditor? 

n whts ur favorite animal 

The character, Alaric/Armand, was one that I'd played for 6 years on the server, my first character was actually a human Savoyard knight back in the day. Though the character had went through a lot, he came to revolve a lot more around grimdark religious aspects, becoming involved with the Vargs back in the day about 2 years ago.

Back in those days, one of the main things that the Vargs did was try to be Canonist Priests whilst skinwalking all the while, and I wanted to give it a go, but never actually had any real intention of climbing up the ladder, just wanting to play that twofaced lifestyle on the character using alchemy. Priest RP had a lot going on for it, and it matched really well with the character's intentions and what I wanted to do on him, and whilst I intended for it to be quite short-lived I ended up having more fun playing the faux-Priest than actually playing the guy behind the disguise, and because of my activity you were the one who actually brought me to being Archbishop and then Cardinal and Auditor. 

When I became Auditor, my main goal in aligning the intentions of the Vargs with my position in the Church IRP was to help the Church grow stronger, but also more hard-line, and the character dreamed of a Canonist world that would be susceptible to the belief systems of the pagan, monotheistic faith the Vargs had, whilst also having nothing in the way of it to stop it, so I tried to make the Auditor represent the kind of "left-hand man" of the Church in terms of the position itself, since before I came along, the role was pretty sedentary - I wanted the role to be of someone who would get their hands dirty for the sake of the greater good, and do all of the work that nobody else wanted to do in the pursuit of justice, no matter how conceited the actual goals behind all of it were.

i love cats you know this

What took you way too long to learn about LOTC? What do you wish you knew when you were first starting?