user331

Person/s Involved: exogens and Cassus_Angreffa

Person/s with permission to post within the report:
- exogens
- Cassus_Angreffa

Rules Broken: Combat, General Combat Rules #1, #2, and #3

Relevant Evidence: Modreq ticket made on 11/28/23 by Cassus Angreffa

Proof you attempted to resolve the issue with person/s involved:
- I, Cassus Angreffa messaged exogens explaining my issue to him in game via the minecraft messaging system. He never replied back to me.

I, Cassus Angreffa was fishing initially at a isolated area at the wall of a steep cliff and exogens came up to me on a horse and initiated combat roleplay via regular roleplay chat. We began talking in LOOC in which I stated I wanted to do roll combat roleplay. He disagreed and told me that combat roleplay wasn't done that way. He then persisted we do mechanical pvp which made me assume that if I didn't participate I'd fail combat roleplay. We fought and I died. He took all my things. I was confused about how I wasn't given a say on how I wanted to combat roleplay so I asked global-OOC about it. Confirming my suspicions that he cheated me. I messaged exogens in-game about it. He ignored that communication with me so that is when I decided to make a modreq to settle this misconduct situation.

Under Review

@MAAD4M (MC Name: FalseLogicIt) Is actually the person you CRP'd with. They are welcome to provide their side of the events before a ruling is made.

I've reviewed the logs of the situation. There was a misunderstanding with the rules where FalseLogicIt stated that if an agreement could not be met then the combat defaults to PvP. In the event of a disagreement, the default combat method is Combat Role Play (CRP). From the conversation between the two parties at the time of the encounter, it appears that both sides eventually agreed to PvP but perhaps under false pretenses.

@user331 Even as the defender of an encounter, you are not entitled to choose your preferred method of CRP. CRP on this server is based on a set of guidelines, not strict rules. CRP may be conducted through rolling but that has to be agreed upon by all participants, your opponent specifically said they do not wish to roll combat if they don't have to. You also cannot opt out of an encounter because you aren't able to do roll combat.

No infractions will be issued for this instance, please review the Combat rules posted here on the forums at the following link.