[Accepted] [Lair] Yo'rubu, the swamp of the damned

Cloakedsphere

Lair PRO MC Name: Cloakedsphere

Lair PRO Character Name: Um’Thraka, Willy of San’Velku, Willy the Clanless

Lair Name: Yo’rubu

Primary Lair Color: Red

Lair Members: TBD, used as a main/home base for all known Seers of Vaasek if they so desire.

Proposed Lair Locations (Highlight/draw at least three on the map):

The middle circle, labeled "1" is the preferred location. Realistically anywhere within the swamp lands would be fine as the build is minimally invasive.

9m_A-2GaOPasrWse_3bXk7yToZeVqXI0qODeY7oVSgZ6yOXuXfacy_1scF-BAJWj0iuT9fr7Eo3Hrr_kXxZ-ZVowzm5buVjahMXluEi1RTrd4LRPKnajFxvCwz-fPTwQNwh8_aPX45X7metniQwWB7Q

Lair Lore (supply link to an existing creature or other lore if being used as basis for this lair) (1000 words minimum):

Seers, Soothsayers, Palmreaders, and prophetic men and women alike have all been stricken away and cast aside by nations. Most being threatened with death for preaching truths and being forced from their homes due to unforeseen circumstances that make it difficult for these Soothsayers, Palmreaders, Seers, and prophetic misfits of society to blend in without being questioned or executed. The misfits that they are labeled forces them to wander the realm aimlessly with no real home to return to. Their belongings stolen, their makeshift tents for homes trashed, the women and children assaulted as they travel from village to village, city to city.

Um’thraka, a once great and known orc across the realm has found himself at a crossroads. After opening his business within the confines of The Iron Horde, he had found sanctuary for him and his fellow misfits for a short time. Soon after, those friends of different descent, race, and religion but all following similar practices had come under scrutiny. These fellow misfits had come under multiple attacks, threats of violence, and mental torture for simply traversing to a place which had been graciously offered as a home. But within the realm of the orcs, a storm had been brewing. Reports of the fellow misfits came to Um’thraka, a spiritual man at heart, that these fellow misfits that he considered friends were now being attacked, beaten to near death. Um’thraka himself would come under threats of violence for simply speaking against some of his own kin. So he devised a plan.

Not long after, a civil dispute amongst the many clans of the orcs erupted. The nation would fall to shambles within as little as two days. Orc against orc, brother against brother, kin against kin. His fellow people sought the blood of one another and sought to paint the entirety of the city in red; To turn the streets into a flowing river of orcish blood by their own hands. Um’thraka decided it best to close his shop deep within the confines after the reports had come to him. Moving his things to a location off-site, he began to wonder what the future would hold for him and his people now that they would no longer have a solidified home to return to. But these were the least of his worries. Shortly after these civil disputes, many orcs had fled the city. Leaving the city barren… Um’thraka had left on a pilgrimage, seeking to find a location in which he may reopen his shop only to find that other nations would not take kindly to the group of misfits that he wished to house. Many of these misfits, being seen as criminals and threats to the governments that exist, had become banished from most major cities.

Upon returning from his pilgrimage, he had found that the door to his home within the city of the orcs to be kicked down, along with all of his belongings misplaced. No word had come to him that such things would’ve happened at any point, even if he was the only one who continually paid his debts to the nation. With all of this, Um’thraka now found himself homeless like the rest of the misfits of the world. Tossed aside for someone or something anew, banished from cities for merely speaking truths and answering the questions that no one else could for the inhabitants of Aevos. It was now time for Um’thraka to act and to allow a space where these types of misfits may live peacefully, where they may not fear banishment for practicing what it is they preach.

Yo’rubu, a small plot of land located in the giant swamps of Aevos. Um’thraka had stumbled across what appeared to be an old encampment left behind by some locals from many, many years prior to the current people living upon Aevos. Um’thraka had decided to take rest within this encampment and when he fell asleep, his mind wandered as vivid dreams and nightmares rushed through a stormy night. The spirits that Um’thraka worshiped spoke to him in his sleep, offering their guidance in exchange for sacrifice once more. They spoke of a grandiose purpose. To offer a helping and guiding hand to those who need it and in exchange, they would help Um’thraka once more. Colorful flashes, drums, flutes, guttural chants flood the mind of Um’thraka as masked faces of all types fade in and out of the colorful backgrounds of these nightmares and dreams. As these nightmares continued on, a loud CRASH! Is heard right next to where Um’thraka laid within the encampment. It had awoken Um’thraka and to his surprise, a fire had begun next to him, burning his clothes slightly. Lightning had come down and struck next to him. He had quickly gone to put the fire out that was burning his clothes and once the flames were put out, the chanting and music continued to reverberate within his mind.

A home was now found for a purpose that is now rekindled. Yo’rubu is born as a home base for Um’thraka and his fellow misfits. An encampment that he had done minor fixing to so that it would be habitable for those to live if only for short times as they continued to wander the realm. A small village that offers sanctuary to all those who practice similar feats. Soothsayers, palm readers, prophetic men and women. No longer shall they all be cast aside and sent to the heavens or hells for merely existing and freely practicing their gifts and feats. All these kinds shall find sanctuary within the small village of Yo’rubu. Within this city they may openly offer sacrifices of animals, offer rituals to those within the realm, bless those who seek to be blessed, answer any and all questions that may be had, or speak to those of the past. Acting simply as a main point in which these types of people may make pilgrimage to or simply mark down as a spot in which they may rest peacefully without fear of being banished or killed for simply existing. A promise to the spirits that Um’thraka seeks to fulfill.

Supporting links to topics on the forums:

Spoiler

Supporting Links:

There are many more cultural posts stating that characters such as mine should stay away from those who practice similar feats. I've only provided the three posts though to show that there is actual cultural responses that do back what I have said within the lore along with the creation of my shop and its existence at the time. If more needs to be provided, I am willing to provide it.

Lair Build and Infrastructure (photos required, give dimensions):

The entirety of the lair will be no larger than 100x100 blocks and will do minimal (if any at all) damage to existing land. Images are in spoilers. The wool portion on stilts will be 1 of 3 or 4 homes in total that will be built and can be easily removed off the land to appear as if they were never there. Everything put in is minimal.

Spoiler

y6d04XZvJwK8l44nxN4ndVS3sagMNiOUbkfoy7XRXFuJ1bfdyUTb4HNx8c1f1ENmwvk5Jx_JnPuYkxnFS6ldo_TlMS5v3k5nDdVoKQoVt-C9hJFEYHZXMqnDDYjFwJ9ICCe5TbDTrS_i6tLea6jTFqs
fYztAOWH4KR5_td7KIZScBzGrfmVSzK363YxVSFU52P5JAevS_qiNYmf4tE-LHPRwMims15TNHt5mTUZrPd45xE7XZLkAh4TNFMudnj-pr2e4208MGvRwNRw7dlp7OnDmqAvoPUOIoGIuXTIqdw5IhU
-a_sP094fDQALsQk569xt_zCXGV2GEz_f5GAQp2Li_4u6gxPLQeSStBK4vFW97pFuqER34cHUvfyqdIi_VXbjfJI6gaJ-t-UbqWlCy4w3MFsBf2fT83fTF_7fMgrHRRDJR7ekXDTDgKW-zsW1n3SCKE

This image below is just a general theme/idea surrounding the place but obviously on a much smaller scale.

1VtmiEjW6bdB-y1c--R5b2IlTSSFwUWAU9iR-udPss2XWrFdBpFPsoG1x_3L7BngDZIhbe4NCCvvdrbZOnyRDXcLHkOssCs5vzx0ce8IfGguZxQ6Sl-RwilM-Cle_id6Nw1MTS3EXFZX0OH6CFlJE2Q

Why can this group not fulfill their roleplay niche in an existing settlement or nation? (Give a detailed answer and examples of how this has not worked in the past.):

I touched on this under the lair description/lore. Mainly us being banished from nations both officially and unofficially. Such as my business, The Atelier, has been forced close from its members being attacked by just attempting to visit it. We’re banned from entering and performing feats within nations such as Lurin. Other nations also kill us on sight, as they believe we may pose a threat to their kingdoms. Soothsayers, palm readers, fortune tellers, seers, all and everything in between. They’re outcasts of society and are treated as such. Also due to the nature of Seers as a whole, we’re hermits. We do not like large public gatherings. So nations, meetings, and large cities are not our thing.

At the same time, this space is not meant to detract from any current nation or lair from the map. But serve as a place where these types of people can meet and discuss plans freely without being attacked on the roads or within the multiple cities for being of X race or practicing X religion.

How does this lair add to the greater world around it? How will its existence benefit its roleplay group and the server at-large?:

It will provide a spot for those to offer the niche RP that is palm reading, fortune telling, and any and everything in between. It will allow seers a spot to gather to perform their greater feats, such as mass prophecies or grand illusions over parts of the realm. As it currently stands, its nearly impossible for seers to create a home base as a whole group or even smaller cabal that wishes to work with others as a large group due to previously mentioned instances. I believe this spot does not detract from the server at all and actually provides a spot that can eventually be used by ET as the lair will inevitably fall inactive later down the road (as all things do). I wish for this to be turned into a spot that other Seers may use to gather and not just myself or my friends. Due to nation upkeep and the requirements set out by nations for their vassals to hold land, it will be impossible for us to sustain such costs since our numbers are relatively low and scattered across multiple realms in the first place. (I’d tell how many numbers are where if required by the administration. I will not disclose this information publicly so as to not disrupt a fairly active community.) Due to this scattering and the many different conflicts that nations constantly endure, we rarely ever meet and it's nearly impossible for us to do so within a specific realm for fear of being killed on sight because we are from a different nation or follow different beliefs/practices.

The main theme surrounding this lair will also be vodou like. The name paying homage to a culture that I do not believe has been seen much on LotC at all (West-african stylings, themes, and influences. Alongside the Southern United States and Haiti, it will mainly take on a vodou like appearance, influence, and culture with future lore and cultural posts to follow acceptance of this lair.). This in my eyes gives something new for LotC to experience and those players that wish to involve themselves or experience it themselves as the only group that I believe comes close to mimicking these cultures would be the orcs, but have long since moved past these things and have focused heavily in different areas/ideas pertaining to spiritualism and mainly ancestralism.

The acceptance of this lair also gives something for those searching for seers (such as the feat applicants so that they may become slotted) to search for within the realm of LotC as opposed to aimlessly looking for seers amongst governments and the many cities and cultures that already exist.

Application accepted. You will be contacted by staff on next steps.