The Ashen Solace

The Ashen Solace

zagrG14sd0DQ02K0i6A27CjFG6fw4fFtYVodVJrmZzX9VRDs-ndCyFVFfjH5UL15p3WYBCfsu9khETsZ0echhojkNAdErfwGDS3xhv0dfvzgrmMUkmvj0WSD96B9rtbAMGVUxzu3AawEN3AagGHE-kQ

s9GNgxyr1e_PxIfaw8GerfyCRxLgmZfsYvuwn_JUBVNsxR2W-XV0s5U4FuIuYpj8M3G7fbjoplHXaAcHBC8HReuCT4WO-fC0-wUHFE3-gnc8IHI9gHs5h_hcsdc4k9wnu0wB43ONzjJi-3cw1Hfkvvo

…Their hope was short-lived. For days, weeks even, Aithlin and his companions had wandered the streets of what they had hoped to be their new sanctuary. A place to rebuild their lives, their trade, and the safety of their futures. However, it had soon dawned upon them that whatever Nor-Velyth had once offered the Ashen Folk was no longer there. Aithlinhad met few others, most of whom shared his sentiment on the distinct lack of….anyone. Was anyone even leading the city anymore? Towering spires, onyx-clad housing, exotic fauna….all slowly rotting away.

Frustration amongst the Nor-Velyth leadership towards the state, something Aithlin had witnessed first hand.

It was time to move on.  Whatever Nor-Velyth might have offered them was ultimately an illusion. Aithlin gathered his fellow Val’taelu, taking one last glance at the supposed bastion of hope for ‘ker across the land.

Hpt0gm2UiJYd1CLo2UgiZKJT7-_I2x2bHwXsIubcdwZo8P5ap1lK6dik0doCER95RTaMBDcM9U5COb6GuOCBmxK_Y04cCtwjchuAt-AreSxeB6ZA1wjZHzcdSruKmwQB0r_i-YmNdu24K7RGOSzclP8

In the distance lay a shipyard. Standing on top of a hill, overlooking the wharf, the green eye’d ‘ker found themselves, waiting patiently for their vessel to be built. Soon enough, Clan Val’taelu would make their presence known once again. Their goals were clear, they would once again ascend to their former eminence.

z-dUdxN7xTS03FlNzoeTGByA70XrH8fTdw2J3l7_8Eoy__2e2I39Z0CBjjf_n5iBuezA-8JgS0zSLBG_NQ0nK_xxRqYtv2ihRZYzyLtyqplCPctp6oIEWD_Rh8DmHzOj-l9t87uXuVHtaiDAO_RROas

Rakhnar visited Nor-Velyth often, be it to send letters or to scout for wares. Though the stalls were often stocked and the plants watered, he could only ever wonder if perhaps these things were carried out by ghosts.

Esfir Amador begins building her first ship for a bunch of elves. Wow!

A ker with striking emerald eyes gazed out from his perch in an undisclosed outlook. The ocean, a perennial fascination, captured his attention once more. It always seemed to come back to the ocean, but this time Clan Val’taelu would depart by ship of their own volition. And Mirasul couldn't help but grin at the thought. "Onto greater endeavors," he whispered before resuming his packing.

A reclusive 'ker packs her things... which are few in number. Most importantly, her fishing rod. Off to sandier shores, she hopes.