Plea to the Moon

Gimble

Her hands trailed along the cold stone walls of the city.

Not a single stone nor tile escaped her fingertips as they dipped down year's old chips, over snaking vines and through cobwebs. 

It was the dead of night, silence. It unnerved her these days, her only sense she could rely on to protect herself disabled, she was unarmed against whatever could of been hiding around the corners, out the metal gates that froze her hands as she trailed over them.

The wind whipped through her hair as she left the safety of the walls that kept her safe, soft moonlight, gentle as a mother's touch shone down upon her skin unhindered by the towering roofs and walls. Her step faltered as she navigated the rocky surface of the cliff side.
Finally, the rustling of tree leaves in the midnight breeze. Sticking her arms out to feel the cool, wrinkling trunk she slid down into the plush grass without a care in the world when the voice returned. Whispering cruel, lilting words in the back of her mind.

"Weakling."

"Useless."

"Fool."

An anguished sob tore itself from the confines of her throat, battling with the wind to be heard. Her broken gaze flew towards the sky, Moonlight filtering through the leaves to shine upon her face. She basked in it, embraced it. 
"Mother Moon, hear me now!" She sobbed

"Grant me my sight back! Please! I beg of you- Don't make me suffer any longer!" 
She cried.

"Strong."

"Useful."

"Wise."

As the stars aligned in the sky, the Moon smiled down at her. 

And she,

She smiled back.