Panic, Horror, the Voice.

StrongBear

mIpmW_qTED-k85CPlDDhwJYf5xPATS9U6gsB5fcT5JZE4AD623T3oW_u4m1ZL2XYfWZ0CpkvG4SilgeIXUY-ai_Lmc26zCA7_0M7W7WZ2koDVrqkZ1F6LJ_DSS2BRc7ksPpuugY0qdpamMUgum99h_Q

Voices, these voices, I hear them, and when they talk I'll

follow, I'll follow, I'll follow what they say.

Spoiler

A deal has been struck; two lives spared, one taken. 

“Haldir, why are you here?” The familiar druidess inquires to the  young ‘ame.

“...I’m not sure”

The rain  never seemed to stop, just the constant pitter-patter of droplets hitting the rooftops, soaking the cloth between armor plates of  the denizens of Numendil. 

Something was coming. The voices, the chaos.

The voices started again, the ‘ame drowning out the world around him to focus on them. This time, the voices were different; they wanted something, something more than what Haldir is. 

“Guide the Princess. Stick close to her.”

There was slight hesitation in his movements, scared? No—fearful; for this was no peasant, but one who could certainly cost him his head. Alas, the he follows the order given, finding the Princess, and sticking to her side. Then chaos erupted; first it was the dark mist creeping from the Kingswood, then those atop and below the battlement were met with horrid creatures, and the fight began. Conversation in the square continued, calming in a sense, keeping the woman’s focus, gaining her trust in such a brief time. As the fight poured into the square, the cultists were focused on those who were nearby, it was their time to escape. 

“Follow me.” He spoke under his breath.

He takes the woman’s hand, guiding her through the fight, deeper into the city. Rounding a corner, then another—before coming to a location that was previously picked not by him, but by the other. The voices in the elf’s head drowned out the screams, the cries for help, the shouting. Another step of hesitation befell the 'ame while he continues forward, muttering beneath his breath, shaking his head. Suddenly, a bright flash of light erupts from before them, the ripping of a portal into the void to which they were both pulled into. The same sense as before, the falling, the weightlessness, abyss. 

“Wait, please.” He pleads.

Strike after strike, piece by piece, he was struck down, over and over again. His breathing became labored and raspy, blood streaming from his nose and the corner of his maw, fighting to keep his head up. Surely this was going to end…  but no, as the horror didn’t want death, it needed something. The Princess was binded and chained to the heart while the other bound and dragged away, forced to watch a ritual.

“Save the Princess!” A voice shouts.

Another fight erupts, those of Numendil followed, they needed to save their own. As chaos ensued, the ritual grew closer to its end, another portal of light ripping through the void. The world around Haldir grew cold, he lost the familiar feeling of eternal warmth and his vision grew distant, the sound of shouts turned to a ringing in his ears. He spares a brief glance to everything around before his head eventually falls, unconscious.

He and the Princess were saved, taken…both alive but barely.

Spoiler

OOC note: A huge thank you to both Daengie and the people of Numendil for a fun little event line. I just wanted to write something from the perspective of Haldir because to say the least, a lot has been happening to the silly guy. But I’m excited to see where things go from here. 

image.png?ex=660f5cb5&is=65fce7b5&hm=6721ff1d6f019fef4b343abb01e4aae6822fe0d6826339e20cbbcf96df259474&

image.png?ex=660f7d43&is=65fd0843&hm=d7f463b1a7bf1a3cfb8bb275f685e1da3b4cd743078cdb60c419bb78a841d088&