[PK] The last missive of a dying leader

The Mitzuul Grove;

Golden Age of the Almarisian Kharajyr

Published on the 24th of Malin’s Welcome, 178 SA.

EbFO8hW9LzSCi5A6Lr_NALC87IwiBLcPf6-P6ryHzid4WZso4PyKKI_585kx78kI-SGdfoAMjwgwxiLhGgQ7ByCYAND9gUYKiXRkgF7UZL4GDcbAS22dRCU0NruwHHmiBGtT-d-YDHilbqZ0bWigrFk

PREFACE

As I approach the final days of my life and my hope has diminished, I, Ixltub Morthawl, Son of Rha’kir shall write down the Almarisian History of my dying people: The Kharajyr. In great sorrow I had to watch them decline. A decline caused by the absence of those few leaders it had.

The once-great culture of the Kharajyr has declined to a pathetic bunch: Many reports and stories are told of Kharajyr willingly reducing themselves to mere house-kittens. Acting like pets and serving in various realms as mere entertainers. Yet; there were more glorious days. In the reign of Grand King Norli Starbreaker the traveling Kharajyr of the Va’Teyatl Caravan united with those remnant Kharajyr they could find and founded a place which should be a true home of a small, but united people: The Mitzuul Grove.

Maybe one day, the Kharajyr shall unite under a purpose again and become the great people they were meant to be once more; A day I shall likely not live long enough to see.

Founding of the Grove

bLsJtyJdg5-ebsICgrWpZ3ZgV639c6KF9IF8rxFeaEYWaGVFpLGKg8tLmQgTuwajGc3sFAzUhYLR3HSj0aK0QyX-FWZC96y_b5tYrhavHwotdIw_mJvmXmmQ2lwDBIiDQkD9IGSVhXlGiGYKJFo3v4A

[!] A painting depicting the western section of the Mitzuul Grove

Around the dawn of the second age, between the first and second year, Rha’kir Morthawl gathered the remnant Kharajyr in a small campsite around Eastfleet. They soon went to travel from one place to another; Vaelya, Haelun’or and Talon’s Port. One day they received a letter from the Alchemist Sa’Muja, who was in contact with the Grand King of Urguan: Norli Starbreaker. From this contact friendship grew which soon unraveled an opportunity for the Kharajyr, for the Grand King offered Rha’kir and Muja an old, uninhabited Grove as a dwelling. It was a warm place, its hot wells causing a humid, almost tropical climate which reminded them of Khalenwyr, their ancient homeland.

They accepted the Grand King’s generous offer and with his help they created a Golden Age for their people that lasted almost a third of a century: From 13 SA, which marked the establishment of the Mitzuul Grove to 40 SA. The Kharajyr prospered; A temple was erected in the town, a tavern created that was frequented by travelers and the people grew numerous, for many Kharajyr united under the banners of the Nanotzin, “Supreme Leader” Rha’kir.

Decline of the Grove

KYnaxwREtCSggMM9qw06RnZGlfOVFAgCG-Dcr-9L6QR3PQE1iTZPnkHayEP9QL5mEIpxf7pSzcuc6N9DvQpgZ3b4khXT3PVkAl67eWW8f5dKWuvFwwegPP91_Pv-vocvx71h_2q8BiSWmOtzRmMO374

[!] A painting depicting the eastern section of the Mitzuul Grove

Sadly however, those years were few in numbers. The decline soon came, after many Kharajyr had been steered up by the conflict that loomed over them. I was too young and inexperienced, to stop what was happening myself…

[!] 

It appeared the manuscript ended here. It was never finished by the aging former Lord of the Kharajyr. Peacefully, Ixltub had faded away at last on his desk on a ship in Vortice. Would his legacy go on? Unlikely. The Kharajyr were a lost people, and the Mitzuul Grove likely was the last time, that Kharajyr culture had flourished.

Somewhere in Aevos a grave was erected by a friend:

Ixltub Morthawl

Former Lord of Kharajyr

1782 F.A. - 178 S.A