To End Calamity

Wizry

630491f8482185bf05fc1f55443825df.jpg

Cathan stared at the ceiling, before staring at the empty papers on his desk. He'd then begin addressing letters to the various groups & individuals he had gotten involved with over the years.

Hurin, Vyllaenen, and Warlock:

Spoiler

"To those that have received this letter,

The contents of this letter is to request your help and provide context for that request. It appears that some kind of Daemonic construct has appeared close to my household - though for what reason, I am unaware. I would believe that it was perhaps summoned by an unknown actor, or actors.

I request your help since I, admittedly, cannot deal with this creature alone despite me fighting Inferi and such in the past. This creature would simply be too much for me - and it would be ill-thought to think I can defeat it alone. I require aid and good men who know how to combat these creatures. That is why I have come into an attempt to contact you to potentially gain your assistance.

I cannot offer reimbursement nor payment for your assistance except for alchemicals. But my hope is you will assist in the defense of my homestead in the Duchy of Brabant, help me find who had done this to put them down for good, and help others come to my aid as well.

If you seek to join, I also would like to request you provide me with liquid mana for Null Arcana to use against the construct.

Bailey,

Former Veletzian Tavernkeep."

Taliyun and Nenar:

Spoiler

"To those Druids that I have addressed this to,

This is in regards to the blight that has occurred close to my household and endangers my family. It appears that a Daemonic construct was summoned by an unknown assailant, or assailants.

What I am requesting is that you join under me in the Duchy of Brabant and assist in me fighting the summoned creature and finding who did this so that we may prevent this issue from occurring in the future as it has blighted nature and - reportedly from reactions with my fellow comrades - caused pain to my mother. This is, clearly, something we cannot abide on both accounts for causing suffering to people and suffering to the Balance.

I cannot offer much in the way of minae, but I can pay in alchemicals. Feel free to invite those you believe would assist in this military effort.

If you seek to join, I also would like to request you provide me with liquid mana for Null Arcana to use against the construct.

Regards,

Cathan."

Ahren:

Spoiler

"Leftenant,

As my father has done for his life before his perishing after a thousand years, we are again called to arms against the Daemonic. We will equip ourselves with our forces alchemically and gather supplies for the coming fight. What I will require assistance procuring is alchemical herbs and liquid mana.

Regards,

Commandant Cathan."

Nimue:

Spoiler

"Hey Nim,

You wanna help me kill a demon construct outside my house? I'm gathering a bunch of people to go kill the thing for causing mum pain.

Your cousin,

Cathan."

Amae'li and Valmir:

Spoiler

"Hey Amae'li and Valmir,

There's a demon outside my house, the kids are not really safe here currently. Until we deal with them, do you guys mind if we move them into your house in the Vale?

I'm sorry for causing an issue with this, but it's important. I don't think I can fundamentally protect them and keep them safe here in Brabant until I kill the thing.

From,

Alfie."

A small fiery haired woman squinted at the page. Then turning on her heel she ran all the way back to her home. Without consulting the other, quickly penning a response which she'd soon send off back to Alfie via a plump pigeon.

Spoiler

"Alfie,
Of course we'll be willing to take the kids! We have plenty of room. Especially if some of them still prefer sleeping in nests on the floor to beds. Don't worry, we'll keep them safe. And make sure they don't get into too much trouble.

Be careful with the demon, and make sure it doesn't burn down too much. Keep safe, and feel free to visit!

Valmir agrees with me. 
Love you and Cruinne!
Amae'li"

~*~

Between aviaries, a bird would swoop low, dropping the letter to a certain druid. A quick scan of the contents had a grim smile showing upon her features. At the next town, a response would be sent.

Spoiler

"Cathan,

While I cannot speak with certainty for my brother, I have very little doubt that he will be as willing as I to help you with this matter. No payment is necessary. It will be a pleasure to help destroy such a creature. In this and the other matters you've mentioned, I pledge my aid.

- Nenar, Sister Wicker"