Chronicles of the Norlandic Librarian/Hostage

[!] A Poster May Be Found Around The Lands [!]

The writing appears slightly rushed.

I would like to start by quelling any concerns for me or my safety. A few ashen days ago, I was put under arrest and accused of collaborating with Inferi. I, of course, did not and do not have any relation to their group or activities, but I understand their concerns.

It started when I arrived from Kaethul where there was some expectant lady and her husband having medical issues within their house. Long story short, I called for help and forcefully entered the home with citizens of the city. We were able to get the situation under control, but there were a couple of odd individuals who came to help, a man and an extremely hyperactive and unsympathizing girl. She spoke of some sort of White Cat. When further pressed, they both quickly fled the scene.

Though it was odd, I returned to Norland's Silver Lyre. There, I inquired of this White Cat. Upon finding a lack of enthusiasm of the topic, I left towards the Sturm-Strike house where I was stopped near the bottom floor of the clinic. One lady named Ariane Drakon asked what I knew about it and why I cared. I don't recall the specific conversation, but we ended up in the library where she nonsensically accused me of being of Inferi because of my questions. 

The High-Keeper then heard both of us, and sentenced me to house arrest in the Norlandic Library to refit the rooms and reorganize the books. I thought this would be for 1 or 2 ashen days, 3 at the most, but I have been down here for too long, and if I leave, the High-Keeper stated I would be assumed darkspawn and banned from Norland. 

There was no arrum or salt testing. The only evidence against me was her claims. I do not hold this against the keeper in full, but if anyone would like to help me out, send a bird to Ellenore av Eiriksdottir (Elennanore).

-Knox

Spoiler

I know about the timer of hostage or whatever. I know I could leave if I wanted to, but this is fun!  :D

The Carrot Laird would hear screams from within the depths of the library. The Carrot Laird would ignore these. Much like the screams from the sewers, it is best to not question the wall children.

Arthur realized how he could've been seen as suspicious here. But, he realized there wasn't much he could do. He simply put the hastily written missive into his drawer of 'missives that mention me'. He wrote a letter to them, though, a comforting one, hopefully. He sent it along with a mouse, or something.

"Hiya. It's me. The man. Just wanted to say, like, we were talking BAD about the White Cat. She's this demon lady and stuff. Huge meanie. I get your concerns! Perhaps pull up to Kaethul once you get out of there. Me and my friend were simply in a huge rush. We can talk more!"

Accompanying the writing, there was a simple drawing.

image_2024-04-03_041106968.png?ex=661f84

Estel came to a halt next to one of the posters, as in the midst of walking her pet the brightly-coloured text caught her eye. For a moment, she read, before she shook her head and she moved on.

"Will he ever go a day without getting in to trouble? If I were a little less blind, I'd say he gets into more trouble than me."

Her sled dog Carrots seemed to agree with a literal 'wouf'.