YoungSimba95S

Discord:

tiberius_1776

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Toxicity, Harassment, Poor Attitude with Staff

What circumstances led to this ban?

Silly circumstances. It was an early morning VC, a handful of friends were in a VC together and we were discussing a topic that I had something to say on. I was talked over for upwards of 10 minutes and the room finally acknowledged it. Prior to speaking Smmers joined and cut me off without getting 5 words out of my mouth and I lashed out at her. ChaoticRoller attempted to calm me down and I shouted obscenities at him because I did not feel like being held back in that moment. Smmers muted me and went on a minute scolding me. I was unmuted, she left. So I sent her my thoughts in a DM.

It is important to note, this was not a moderator incident, this was a spat between two friends. So when I got a ban shortly after I escalated my anger at her because it felt like a genuine betrayel of friendship over trivial disgusting minecraft community bullshit we have all come to hate. In truth, I was ready to burn all bridges right there. However my anger was misplaced. I was informed she was not the one to initiate it, but someone else who falsely believes every difference and cross word spoken amongst friends should have outside moderators involved. I do feel guilt, and I am sorry for wrongfully lashing out at smmers when she never did such a thing. However, I owe nobody else an apology.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I disagree with the ban in it's entirety. The other party and I have known each other for years before I ever joined a Minecraft community with them. I am only on LOTC to maintain those friendships, and perhaps make a few more. I do not care if the community think who was out of line more between us. I care about voicing concerns when I feel like I am being mistreated by my friends, doing right by them, owning up to my mistakes, and settling our issues like adults. My words and actions were my own but there would not of been a misunderstanding and escalation had moderation mind their own business. I do believe if LOTC did not cross this line, things would not of gotten as heated as they did and there would not of been as much of a strain on our friendship.

I reject the notion of poor attitude with staff. I was not interacting with my friend in a player/staff capacity.
I reject the notion of harassing behavior. Someone does not get to cause an incident, mute the person and talk down to them, without letting the other party speak. I do not apologize for that.
I reject the notion of toxicity. The word is overdone. Life happens, it's not as big of a deal as you think, moreover none of LOTC's concern.

I am aware this may come off as a bit coarse, I mean no ill will to Moderation. I just really do not appreciate strangers effecting friendships I have had for nearly half a decade. It wasn't an argument about some CRP on LOTC. It was about simple manners, respect and expectations how we treat each other. No functioning adult believes LOTC has a say in that.

I had intended to speak with Moderation to get this ban thrown out as I believe it was unjustified, but decided to wait out the appeal to focus on IRL matters and I thought the effort wouldn't be worth it.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

To be in the company of my friends, partake in a few stories every now and then, and perhaps make a few more.

Attach other relevant information.

Under review.

Denied. Please re-appeal on the correct date: 04/14/2024.