Thesis of Purity I

Thesis of Purity I

A Tarnished Empire”

cLrLmhbpZsAZiZZ0Os42J33DpooihSsRKVSwA99ZAOuiNYFllj2DIkD8Ct991cebHnehpSzyg5qCxLPD1fL-0XPe434yBlUqNrhnD6QwZ4Nqsqh4cU4aDRA5jNXtdHCej5NDNdBlMUP4yci-brnw5KU
9mJmvXLZimfQQjg7i6UlVTj-v9okmLOmOluRzlcBV7P5_ymXQ0ZRT7xxyfeSLO9f4fPAhqrFgsNkGNloj-Nn9lrbPGFKqsvGyni6h7bXq2yLE3ej9zWK_9YzewXcc-_R8WThywXO0jpSfZntGxBz7Ec

cLrLmhbpZsAZiZZ0Os42J33DpooihSsRKVSwA99ZAOuiNYFllj2DIkD8Ct991cebHnehpSzyg5qCxLPD1fL-0XPe434yBlUqNrhnD6QwZ4Nqsqh4cU4aDRA5jNXtdHCej5NDNdBlMUP4yci-brnw5KU

Issued By

2AxAlOwStCiEVjgOLipoC-zHC4mN-WLc5dibrQW_TxNzxJtKdKqnUNdGRQSJfRjpBm3Vukb4JoM3Tki0yHlGE2UoOe-MwK9WBuuQ4mmxgh5_J3DsuS9r342finIlqaabYlvJWwjgYQuNUpqdvZQRXKg 

On the 2nd of Amber’s Cold Year 177SA

Preface of The Author…

The purpose of this document is to indulge the blessed citizens of el’cihi in my opinion, fabricated from the facts that haunt our nation. It is not my intention to slander individuals named in this document, but rather highlight their shortcomings in hopes of achieving progress and subsequent purity. A concept that has avoided us consistently since the pitiful reign of Kolvar Uradir, during which he proclaimed an empire after conquering a near vacant forest and saw the decline of our populace due to his neglect of internal affairs. So consumed by power, that progress was left entirely forgotten, rotting like an untended plant.

I fear that the present citizenry are unaware of my tenure as Okarir’mali which spanned several elven months - thus producing hesitance in the legitimacy of my knowledge of el’cihi, its people and council. 

During the term of Lutherien Maery’onn, I tended the tavern, clinic and eternal library as Okarir’mali. It was my duty as a councillor to produce a plethora of consistent, engaging events that brought equal entertainment and knowledge to the nation. Additional organisation and trade accompanied my tasks in an effort to expand the generous knowledge provided by our collection of books, and I ensured health was an ever present priority of our council. Finally, as many great mali’aheral have, I served as a Sillumir during, prior and after the office of elOkarir’tir Malithor Nullivari whom I was well acquainted with. Let this serve as a portfolio of my knowledge, experience and the hand that has shaped my present opinion.

The Fallacy of Progress…

On the 4th Amber’s Cold 168 SA I challenged elSohaer Theveus Sythaerin for the position of Sohaer due to his persistent neglect of his duties and responsibilities to his people. It was the ever merciful judgement of the blessed citizenry to allow Theveus a second chance, thus igniting his second tenure in office. I had accepted defeat with a hopeful heart, that my prior threat had provoked a new-found motivation within elSohaer and may perhaps propel Haelun’or to a revitalised state of prosperity. Yet in the nine years that have passed since our election very few of his grand promises have come to fruition.

In an attempt to salvage the political crisis in which we found ourselves, Yera Syleria, revered for her near immaculate leadership of Kaethul and thus responsible for its success - even despite their frequent association with dark spawn, was appointed as Okarir’san.  Alas, mere elven days later we found ourselves upon the brink of conflict with one of our oldest Valah allies: Balian. No additional alliances have been documented, which can hardly be placed as a fault upon the shoulders of the already burdened vassal leader. It has scarcely been the responsibility of an Okarir to maintain healthy relations with the rest of the world - but it would seem this is another task elSohaer can not quite manage alone.

More enticing prospects may have been seen in the position afforded to Ashywn Sythaerin, who was appointed as Okarir’akaln. I had met the girl prior to her appointment and whilst exceedingly young for the position I found she possessed the spirit to rival the challenge. Yet following the loss of a staggering 10,000 mina to once allied kingdoms I can not see how the young elfess was expected to salvage such a decrepit treasury. This serves as a particularly interesting point, as elSohaer had boasted the growth in economy since the beginning of his tenure. Yet with taxes left uncollected, and unnecessary retributions paid due to his inability to mediate a situation, it would seem this is another of his amounting lies.

Perhaps the only worthy councillor elSohaer has appointed is in fact, his wife: Cresence Sythaerin, whom since taking the position of Okarir’tanya has constructed a series of concepts from colleges of magic, to the potential of magical research - all of which is a considerably noble pursuit. Alas, without a platform nor aid in the construction of her marvellous ideas they have yet to bless the citizenry. Whilst Cresence Sythaerin may provide her husband with ceaseless dedication, it would seem he had not conjured the curtsy to return such affections - perhaps that may be a contributing factor to their notably empty nest, despite years of undoubtedly blissful marriage.

I would write extensively on the state of elSillumir, our blessed protectors. Yet I find I have little to write, for there have been no frequent training sessions nor incentive for recruitment. This is not at all surprising, for who would want to serve a Sohaer that does not serve them?

Admittedly, I was appointed as Tilruir’mali to once more revive the office and revisit responsibilities that I am well acquainted with. Yet with no other councillor available to aid me and only the mere position of Tilruir, meaning I had no Tilruir to aid me either, such tasks were near impossible. As a result: no Okarir’mali has ever been appointed during the reign of el’Sohaer Theveus Sythaerin, leaving our culture to dwindle like summer to autumn.

Information in regards to who maintains what position are admittedly sparse, thus I have resorted to placing several missives together in an effort to create a picture of the present state of our council. As elSohaer has failed to document his council since the departure of his predecessor - leaving each position’s purpose and Okarir a near mystery.

In light of Theveus Sythaerin’s consistent shortcomings, another challenger has dared to enter the fray, Malaurir Braxus Ni’leya. History texts sing songs both fond and foul of this challenger, from his succession following Kolvar Uradir’s reign of Haelun’or during Alamaris. It was publicised that the treasury had been left with a measly 1000 mina, a minimal council which is a similar state of disrepair that we seem to find ourselves in now. Yet as a result of his efforts we prospered, the treasury reached over ten times its prior amount and our military prowess was solidified during his tenure. Alas, a cloud casts a shadow over such a victory: Ivarielle ‘the Pretender’ a name that has been scratched from our history, betrayed the nation during Braxus’ later time as elMaheral. However, that poses a rather fascinating question, can you truly blame the sailor for the storm? Since such dark days Haelun’or has persisted, prospered even, although that remains to be seen in recent years, perhaps the sailor was more well equipped to battle such a storm than we have given him credit for. Regardless of his extensive history, it can be certain that such a passionate adversary is both an honour and a valuable asset to our blessed nation.

Tarnished Purity…

Perhaps the most devastating news to slither through the streets of el’cihi is the recent resignation of el’Maheral Seth Calith. Many of us have observed the trials and tribulations of such a revered figure since his initial appointment during Almaris. He has undoubtedly seen the succession of our nation against all odds. Without his ever steady hand to aid elSohaer, who is so obviously clueless of his role, it does make one fear what the outcome may be. His opinions upon the state of our nation are apparent through his words, our “tarnished empire” has suffered, and continues to suffer. It is time we remove the cotton from our ears and eyes to see the truth as it is.
I can not be certain of the future, however one can, with all the correct information, formulate an educated guess on what may be if we continue to refuse change. We can not achieve progress when faced with stagnancy, nor can we dream to attain any ounce of purity. Until this threat of inactivity is vanquished, we will never prosper.

Kaean'leh Thilln Chul'okarae

Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya

Signed,

Eistalyn OtheluMaehr

Blessed Citizen of the Silver State of Haelun’or

2AxAlOwStCiEVjgOLipoC-zHC4mN-WLc5dibrQW_TxNzxJtKdKqnUNdGRQSJfRjpBm3Vukb4JoM3Tki0yHlGE2UoOe-MwK9WBuuQ4mmxgh5_J3DsuS9r342finIlqaabYlvJWwjgYQuNUpqdvZQRXKg

bhMlDSWuL0Lgt6NYuE1mzMSbvpKAp_tQ78G678EhzVhGJXTvEM2VJsS7Hcp_CkZFdXP7Yo2NW_dmg0PEUpzokYX2zwfaEJqM_qiUS7_C0Gkrh-XrnlvO-37mFj1rjtFLQr0alshMsFIsQ-dTkYMR4xQ

This timeline needs correcting. The tension with Balian occurred prior to my appointment. Since then I have visited Balian in person to speak with her Majesty to come to an understanding and begin the steps forwards towards continued peaceful coexistence. I have brokered a defence pact with the Iron Horde, a trade pact; gaining us two additional mines to access as a community (daemonsteel and diamond), and have participated in the write-up of the Confederation alliance. I have also shouldered over sixty percent of the empires yearly finances upon my own back.

Yera Silveira

Overlord of Kaethul, Okarir'san of Haelun'or

18 minutes ago, Ewdrawings said:

This timeline needs correcting. The tension with Balian occurred prior to my appointment. Since then I have visited Balian in person to speak with her Majesty to come to an understanding and begin the steps forwards towards continued peaceful coexistence. I have brokered a defence pact with the Iron Horde, a trade pact; gaining us two additional mines to access as a community (daemonsteel and diamond), and have participated in the write-up of the Confederation alliance. I have also shouldered over sixty percent of the empires yearly finances upon my own back.

Yera Silveira

Overlord of Kaethul, Okarir'san of Haelun'or

To those whom it may concern,
I am well aware that the conflict with Balian happened prior to your accession to Okarir'san, as I claimed in my original missive you were given a feat of a position - one that you should not have to shoulder alone. Any further miscommunication regarding active pacts and diplomacy is a result of lacking documentation - something which was not seen during the tenure of Lutherien Maery'onn. Your honesty is a virtue and I pity you for the sheer amount of work elSohaer has placed upon you, I was not aware you too were responsible for the finance of the nation. Your success cannot be argued, but without worthy leadership your efforts are unfortunately in vein. Perhaps it is a further display of elSohaer inadequacy.

Signed,
Eistalyn Othelu'Maehr.

Sitting at his not-so-humble winery, Raziel eats popcorn. "Damn, Cresence. They really attacked your marriage, there. That's tragic." As he opens a bottle of wine, he turns to his daughter. "Such is the folly of the Democracts: They elect one competent leader. But they do not let not him select the next, no! They let the crowd appoint another, as if a mage knows, how to rule. Or as if a fisherman knows. And so, you get fools in power. And they bicker amongst one another... endlessly..."

Having been outside with her father Raziel, Uriella offers with a chuckle a glass for her father to pour some of the fine wine he uncorked. "It truly is amusing, maln. The way I see it, democracy is all about bickering with each other." she then takes a sip of wine from the now wine filled glass. "An autocracy with a monarch, royarch that is enlightened and of royal, educated blood is where things get done, afterall they are raised for such duties from the cradle. . ."

@Laeonathan

Cresence can appreciate some good gossip... 'least she got a compliment from it.

A Wanderer decided to read over the text when brought to her, a roll of the eyes when finished reading them

"So much I could say, but I can't be bothered to waste my breath, stick your head in the sand as you lot seemingly do. It is no wonder you can't progress."

She thought about how ironic it was, almost two elven years later, and Haelun'or was back where it was when she left it.