CALL FROM THE OFFICE OF THE LEGATE

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE LEGATE:

A CALL FOR THE CITIZENS OF BALIAN

Iussed By the,

Screenshot_2024-04-21_at_22_19.30-removebg-preview.png.5799b825e8063625ee5563fc30f4ee7f.png

On this 4th of The Amber Cold

355044668_pastedimage0.thumb.png.bafc96cd99348aa234a4c508693a5160.png

It is with great honor and humility that I accept the role of the Royal Legate for the Kingdom. I am deeply grateful for the trust and confidence placed in me by our leadership, and I pledge to serve our kingdom with unwavering dedication and integrity. I am eager to begin working to further the diplomatic goals of this realm and strengthen relationships with our allies and partners. Together, the office holds the opportunity to shape the future of Balian's place in the world and ensure that our kingdom's voice is heard and respected across the continent. Thus, let this be the first of many decrees from this esteemed office.

I. TO THE END OF, 

Gathering a committed host of individuals who seek to resolve and strenghten the ties of the kingdom with other realms through diplomatic means. Thus, the office of the legate will initiate a recruiting campaign for ambassadors and diplomats to promote Balian's interests across the continent and within other realms. By assembling a retinute of committed individuals who seek to further the position of the Kingdom overseen meticulously by the legate, it is believed the office will retain it's importance to the kingdom and will allow the office to enter a far better phase since it's conception.

Any and all current diplomats are hereby recalled by the office of the legate to make their presences known to the legate and discuss their tasks in-depth.

II. DUTIES OF THE AMBASSADORS: 

• Ambassadors are appointed and expected to represent the Kingdom of Balian in foreign nations. They are tasked with promoting Balian's interests and values while fostering positive relationships with host countries.
  • Ambassadors are expected negotiate treaties, agreements, and diplomatic arrangements on behalf of Balian. This includes trade agreements, defense pacts, and cultural exchanges, each facet as important as the other in terms of pushing the relam forwards.
  • Ambassadors are expected to provide regular reports and analysis to the Legate's office on political, economic, and social developments in their host countries. This information is crucial for informing Balian's foreign policy decisions.
  • In times of crisis, such as natural disasters or diplomatic disputes, ambassadors represent Balian's interests and ensure the safety of Balian citizens in the host country.
  • Ambassadors are expected to promote cultural exchange and public diplomacy initiatives to enhance understanding between the Kingdom of Balian and host countries. This may include organizing cultural events and educational programs.
  • They are expected to provide consular services to Balian citizens traveling or residing in the host country. This includes assistance with passport and visa issues, and support during emergencies.
  • Ambassadors are expected to maintain regular contact with host government officials to discuss bilateral issues and coordinate policies. They also facilitate meetings between Balian and host country officials.
  • Ambassadors are expected to promote trade and investment opportunities between Balian and host countries, facilitating business meetings and economic agreements.

III. OFFICE OF AMBASSADORS HEIRARCHY:

• Royal Legate
    • The Royal Legate or informally known as the Secretary of Foreign Affairs oversees all diplomatic efforts of the Kingdom of Balian. They are responsible for appointing ambassadors, setting diplomatic policy and strategy, and representing Balian's interests within the context of the wider continent. They are responsible for each Ambassador, with Ambassadors expected to report to the Royal Legate first and foremost with progress reports, other important and revelant information.
  • Ambassadors
    • Ambassadors are appointed by the Secretary of Foreign Affairs to represent Balian in specific nations. They are responsible for maintaining positive relations with the host country, negotiating treaties and agreements on behalf of Balian, and reporting to the Legate's office on developments in the host country.
  • Deputy Ambassadors
    • Deputy Ambassadors assist the ambassador in their duties and act as the ambassador in their absence. They support the ambassador in negotiations and meetings, ensuring the smooth operation of diplomatic efforts. Deputy Ambassadors are appointed by recommendation of Ambassadors to the Royal Legate, who will then approve of deny the request of the deputy ambassadors.
  • Apprentice Attachés
    • Apprentice Attachés are entry-level positions within the office of the legate, assisting with various tasks to gain hands-on experience in diplomacy. They support senior staff members, handle administrative duties, and participate in embassy activities under supervision. This role serves as a training ground for future diplomats, allowing them to develop essential skills and knowledge in international relations. This role is explicity for the benefit of those who seek higher offices within the office of the legate, allowing them to foster and develop their skills with time.

Spoiler

If Interested in Joining the Office of the Legate, find me in-game or send a DM on discord to __Stal27!

SIGNED,

Don August Benedit Temesch,

Legate of Balian, Watcher & Militant of the Order of St. Lothar

Edited by __Stal27

Kristoff var Ruthern smiled as he read the new missive from the Office of Legate, "I look forward to seeing what our young Legate can do."

Edited by Imperium