Request for Information - Clarifications

MALUKOR

Spoiler

@S1nnerVsSa1nts

This missive is directed towards Thessalia, though can be read and replied to by any.

3871abff870008579e5333369f640151.jpg

"Mali are effectively immortal. No Elf has ever died of age, only insanity when they live beyond a thousand years. If you have further questions please do send me a missive."

I APOLOGISE FOR THE LATE REPLY; I have been somewhat preoccupied. I fear that I did not properly explain what it is I desired in my previous missive, and I thought to clarify further to see if you know more.

I am already aware that elves live for a very extended period of time. I do not seek infinite age, as I know that my age can be near-infinite, as I am elven - I seek a method to never die. We cannot die of old age, but we can die from illness, sickness, madness, murder, the stroke of a sword - you know of what I speak. And I am aware that I am not alone in searching these things, and I am aware that many Darkspawn offer solutions to this problem, but I am also aware that they are usually fake, or fraudulent, or deceptive; I seek a way to become truly immortal, that is, immune to danger or threat-to-life, impermeable to fatal circumstance. If this is possible, please inform me how - and if it is not, please inform me of that too. I will not shy away from harsh paths in the search of a solution to this question.

- Aramor

"I had been enamored by the same question., once." spoke a creature. "Perhaps a bit too obsessed. Oh, but I was rather healthy back then, all things considered. . ." He ruminated as he considered what he had read. Before him laid a pyre; a traveling family, their corpses and belongings burning. He had had no reason to kill them.

. . .

After a while he drafted a reply, a horrible crow carrying the message out of the walls of Hexicanum.

"I have undertaken this journey. The answer does not lie at the end of mortal undertaking; I exhausted that. You will perhaps forsake your soul in one way or another and get no closer to your goal.

Strength is verily the truest thing in the world. It cannot be corrupted, deceived, or denied. I had endeavored to bend many to my will, use their magics to harness a weapon. First a gargantuan Voidal Tear, and then a lance which portrayed unfathomable energy into the heavens. If there were none who I could not slay, and none who could slay me, I would have achieved my goal. That was a beginning - yes, a beginning, reached at the end of the journey you have begun.

Anyways, I failed along that way, and now I am subjugated to an inferior form. I populate my days by slaughtering things weaker than me. It is actually pretty fun. Thusly I have learned that hobbies can be preferable to futile struggle. Let my hint to you be that the path towards undeniable power lies in the subjugation of others, and the use of their own power."

-THE VOIDAL-LICH AZ'REKASH

1 hour ago, sam33497 said:

"I had been enamored by the same question., once." spoke a creature. "Perhaps a bit too obsessed. Oh, but I was rather healthy back then, all things considered. . ." He ruminated as he considered what he had read. Before him laid a pyre; a traveling family, their corpses and belongings burning. He had had no reason to kill them.

. . .

After a while he drafted a reply, a horrible crow carrying the message out of the walls of Hexicanum.

"I have undertaken this journey. The answer does not lie at the end of mortal undertaking; I exhausted that. You will perhaps forsake your soul in one way or another and get no closer to your goal.

Strength is verily the truest thing in the world. It cannot be corrupted, deceived, or denied. I had endeavored to bend many to my will, use their magics to harness a weapon. First a gargantuan Voidal Tear, and then a lance which portrayed unfathomable energy into the heavens. If there were none who I could not slay, and none who could slay me, I would have achieved my goal. That was a beginning - yes, a beginning, reached at the end of the journey you have begun.

Anyways, I failed along that way, and now I am subjugated to an inferior form. I populate my days by slaughtering things weaker than me. It is actually pretty fun. Thusly I have learned that hobbies can be preferable to futile struggle. Let my hint to you be that the path towards undeniable power lies in the subjugation of others, and the use of their own power."

-THE VOIDAL-LICH AZ'REKASH

To the Voidal-Lich Az'Rekash,

What you speak of - the pure nature of strength - is something that I have previously considered. I am old, likely older than you, and I have seen that those who become strong beyond the norm of Descendant-kind or Darkspawn always, eventually, die. I cannot, in my long life, think of a single Descendant that has managed to escape mortality via strength - everyone who grows strong and begins to threaten the lives of others to an overt degree is snuffed out. I may be wrong - I have forgotten much. Forgetfulness is an unfortunate fact of age.

And I suppose that in order to achieve this lofty aim, one must break precedents and do what others have not yet, but strength invites challenge, and challenge invites death, and death is what I look to avoid. 

I would like to speak to you further. I do not think I will take your approach; what you say about hobbies does interest me, but I suppose that that is a discussion that should be held in person. I will work out some way of speaking to you without being at risk of death, and send you a letter.

- Aramor